Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon he is the one but the description was incorrect.

Pretty hard to mistake a clean shaven man for one with long hair and a beard surely, possible that an innocent passer by came forward and told police he'd stopped then later a less innocent person also stopped and only now are we hearing about it

JMO

How does his sister know all this if he has been in custody? Her stating that Libby threw herself at the suspect sounds like classic victim blaming to me.

I feel their might be more to this I don’t think He was a stranger or just a passer by I get the feeling she knew him they live in the same area and could more to this

The posters are in Russian, Polish and Latvian.

Interesting. Anyone local know if that's the majority communities in that area, or are they being specifically targeted?

I'm from the other side of the bridge and have been to Hull often. Newlands Ave is quite studenty/trendy (and used to have an amazing pie shop) the area around there has lots of those communities in that area, lots of Polish supermarkets etc before it turns into a a more studenty bit.

I imagine they're trying to get the message out to non-english speaking communities who may have missed what's going on if all the news reports have been in English.

So he is probably the "second motorist" as stated by LE earlier trying to help Libby.

His sister Paulina Szymanska, said he had spoken to Miss Squire on the night, but insisted he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

Then why didn't he come forward immediately?

Or maybe he did?

So... lets say he picked her up at 12:09 for arguments sake. She got in his car. He put her address in his satnav and drove off before she "threw herself at him". It's like a one minute (if that) drive from the bench to her house. So where were they when he apparently pushed her away?

The 12:30 scream seems more and more like it could be relevant. And I'm still looking at Libby's wooden back gate (easily within earshot of Heathcote neighbour - her gate is right behind that street) and wondering if she tried to escape and got hurt.

It doesn't seem like PR contacted the police before yesterday (why not?) so I still think the concentrated searches of the park/pond have been led by some sort of intel, my best guess being that a silver car was seen around there that night.

I bet he's going to say she got out of the car and ran off in that direction. We need to find her asap before evidence is lost.

Wait...What his sister is saying makes it sound like the original driver helper but he was said to be an older man? Was a false description put out by Police or...I'm so confused.

I think Libby was offered help twice. By the older man with grey hair and beard and by the guy they're questioning. There was no mention of her getting in the car with the first man, and the police said the first driver had already contacted them and been helpful. I think his sister would have mentioned if that had been the case. Also the first driver was before midnight, this one after.

Does anyone know if there was a confirmed sighting after 12? I seem to remember that snippet being removed from reports.

Yes, I’m confused too. Especially as the police said earlier in a statement that the driver was not linked to the abduction. Sooo does that mean the sister is saying her brother was the second man to stop.

Unless the police have said that to give him a false sense of security?

I was wondering if this is the version he has given the police and his lawyer has updated his wife and his wife updated his sister? I’m assuming not only a lawyer will be involved but a translator too who could be updating family.

"She asked him to take her home, so he put her address into his sat nav and wanted to do just that. Apparently she threw herself at him, but he pushed her away because he is a married man."

I don't believe this

Me neither. And next he'll claim he dropped her off somewhere, alive and unharmed. They always say that.

So....,he "wanted" to take her home.....and needed to sat nav her address, despite living close to her??
That makes zero sense

If i gave a lift to someone living in the same town or village as myself - i would never dream of putting that address into my sat nav.

Does not sound very plausible ....and....
If i had done any of the above in all innocence...
I would hardly feel the need to go out of my way to explain myself to my sister!

Something does not smell right here i am afraid :(

I think Libby was offered help twice. By the older man with grey hair and beard and by the guy they're questioning. There was no mention of her getting in the car with the first man, and the police said the first driver had already contacted them and been helpful. I think his sister would have mentioned if that had been the case. Also the first driver was before midnight, this one after.

Does anyone know if there was a confirmed sighting after 12? I seem to remember that snippet being removed from reports.

The 11.45pm timing when the man with grey hair and beard had stopped, is given as the last definite sighting of LS.
The 00.09 timing was just saying that LS was no longer on the bench by that time ( some kind of footage from passing car/bus perhaps which showed empty bench ) - so sometime between 11.45 and 00.09 she had moved from the bench.

Pretty hard to mistake a clean shaven man for one with long hair and a beard surely, possible that an innocent passer by came forward and told police he'd stopped then later a less innocent person also stopped and only now are we hearing about it

JMO
Yeah, you're right. I've read other posts since I said that and realised I'm wrong.

But she only lives a few minutes from that bench why does he need to use his sat nav? why turn down 1 offer of a lift and except another?

My current thoughts: 1.) Suspect potentially got Libby into the car, put address into SatNav (although WHY when it was literally a minute round a corner?!), is going to drop her off, makes a move on her, she manages to get out of the car but he gets out and grabs her- causing the neighbour to hear the screaming and male voice + door slamming, which was actually a car door, not a wooden door.

2.) As above, but it is actually Libby who made a move, guy tells her he's married but she doesn't listen, it gets out of hand - neighbour hears screams.

3.) As above but guy doesn't actually drive Libby home, she makes a move, he rejects her and after a truly rubbish night and then being rejected she runs off somewhere and has a terrible accident.

These are my 3 immediate thoughts on what may have possibly happened, everything is only my thoughts and opinions. But I am most inclined to believe he is lying and did not make a move and that he told his sister all of this days ago but told her to keep her mouth shut. OR maybe his sister does actually suspect him OR told one of her friends about it and either sister/sister's friend has dobbed him in. All just personal opinions.

So....,he "wanted" to take her home.....and needed to sat nav her address, despite living close to her??
That makes zero sense

If i gave a lift to someone living in the same town or village as myself - i would never dream of putting that address into my sat nav.

Does not sound very plausible ....and....
If i had done any of the above in all innocence...
I would hardly feel the need to go out of my way to explain myself to my sister!

Something does not smell right here i am afraid :(
I use my sat nav for everything. I don't find that suspicious, but I know I'm a bit "different". I can't navigate at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member