Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely if she was well enough to give her address for a sat Navier she was well enough to say... I live down the street directly opposite?

Also I think it could be interesting that sister is saying all these things to media, it means his story would have to match even though he is in custody and can’t access what she has said, if he needs to change his story during questioning then he has problems and the le will be all over it

If she didn't have a key to her own house (which could be why she didn't enter after the taxi) why would she ask him for a lift home knowing she wouldn't be able to get in?
Gosh, I hadn't even thought of that. Of course, we don't know for definite that she didn't have a key. A lot of us guessef that based on what we did know.

I use my sat nav for everything. I don't find that suspicious, but I know I'm a bit "different". I can't navigate at all.

I'm the same. I don't find it odd to use sat nav in a local area at all these days.

But what it DOES suggest is either an intention to take her home...

Or, at some point in time he wanted to look at where she lived on a map.

If there are charges brought I'll then say I think it was an unplanned crime. How was he to know she'd be not let into the club. Some killers just take advantage of a situation they find themselves in.

I was cynical of the screams story at first but it's certainly a thought that the police asked for that to be published to put pressure on the suspect.
When I say pre-meditated, I mean they went out with the intention of finding a vulnerable victim and possibly had a hiding place pre-planned, rather than specifically targeting Libby

My current thoughts: 1.) Suspect potentially got Libby into the car, put address into SatNav (although WHY when it was literally a minute round a corner?!), is going to drop her off, makes a move on her, she manages to get out of the car but he gets out and grabs her- causing the neighbour to hear the screaming and male voice + door slamming, which was actually a car door, not a wooden door.

2.) As above, but it is actually Libby who made a move, guy tells her he's married but she doesn't listen, it gets out of hand - neighbour hears screams.

3.) As above but guy doesn't actually drive Libby home, she makes a move, he rejects her and after a truly rubbish night and then being rejected she runs off somewhere and has a terrible accident.

These are my 3 immediate thoughts on what may have possibly happened, everything is only my thoughts and opinions. But I am most inclined to believe he is lying and did not make a move and that he told his sister all of this days ago but told her to keep her mouth shut. OR maybe his sister does actually suspect him OR told one of her friends about it and either sister/sister's friend has dobbed him in. All just personal opinions.
I doubt he would have even attempted to take her home. He probably pulled over, locked the doors, and came onto her in the car. It went wrong and he took her body somewhere. I hate typing this because it's horrific and i want to turn back time and save her.

But she only lives a few minutes from that bench why does he need to use his sat nav? why turn down 1 offer of a lift and except another?

If the first person to offer a lift was an older maybe scruffy looking man and the second a presentable person of your own age it's totally understandable IMO why you'd accept the 2nd offer.

The sat nav is odd unless he genuinely doesn't know the roads and intially did intend to take her home

JMO

I doubt he would have even attempted to take her home. He probably pulled over, locked the doors, and came onto her in the car. It went wrong and he took her body somewhere. I hate typing this becsuse it's horrific ajd i want to turm back time and save her.

The reason I'm immediately thinking he might have actually initially taken her home is so that the report of hearing screams will fit in with my assumptions but I do agree he may have never even intended to take her home.

STOP!!!

The grey haired bearded guy stopped to help at 11:45. He has been cleared by police.

PR is apparently a separate incident entirely, almost half an hour later. Coincidental, yes. The only way (in my opinion) that the two could be connected is if they were in a car together and it seems to me the police would have worked that out by now and made a second arrest.

If she didn't have a key to her own house (which could be why she didn't enter after the taxi) why would she ask him for a lift home knowing she wouldn't be able to get in?
Exactly and her phone was found outside her home so she had been there presumably when the taxi dropped her off? His lies will snare him!

But she only lives a few minutes from that bench why does he need to use his sat nav? why turn down 1 offer of a lift and except another?

As was speculated earlier, most young women would accept help from a peer rather than someone much older.

Would be interesting to know if her keys were found at her home.

"A butcher arrested on suspicion of abducting missing student Libby Squire stopped to help her when he spotted her crying at the side of the road, his sister has told The Telegraph."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...rrested-suspicion-abduction-offered-give/amp/

Oh no.

So he is the motorist from the start who was initially very helpful to police and mentioned in reports, or someone else? Because I thought police had since stated that person was not a suspect? Confused.

Edit: see a lot of people here also confused! And seems first we have heard of another car stopping that night.

Last edited:
Dna and digital tracks are trying to be explained. I reckon the man has been in panic mode since he did something very wrong.

From this point on I dont think it will take long to join the dots.

So he is the motorist from the startwho was initially very helpful to police and mentioned in reports, or someone else? Because I thought police had since stated that person was not a suspect? Confused.

We don't know for sure but IMO he is not the motorist we previosuly knew about

JMO

My current thoughts: 1.) Suspect potentially got Libby into the car, put address into SatNav (although WHY when it was literally a minute round a corner?!), is going to drop her off, makes a move on her, she manages to get out of the car but he gets out and grabs her- causing the neighbour to hear the screaming and male voice + door slamming, which was actually a car door, not a wooden door.

2.) As above, but it is actually Libby who made a move, guy tells her he's married but she doesn't listen, it gets out of hand - neighbour hears screams.

3.) As above but guy doesn't actually drive Libby home, she makes a move, he rejects her and after a truly rubbish night and then being rejected she runs off somewhere and has a terrible accident.

These are my 3 immediate thoughts on what may have possibly happened, everything is only my thoughts and opinions. But I am most inclined to believe he is lying and did not make a move and that he told his sister all of this days ago but told her to keep her mouth shut. OR maybe his sister does actually suspect him OR told one of her friends about it and either sister/sister's friend has dobbed him in. All just personal opinions.

Good analysis, I think one of these will be right.

I don’t think it was pre-meditated. I think he may have spotted an opportunity to take advantage of a drunk girl though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy82504