Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of questions for you all:

1 why do you think the white tent was erected an hour or so before sunset? A chance they know more than letting on and waiting for sunset?

2. If the person in custody is the person that is suggested by media outlets, he works in malton, could it have happened on the way out of the city? Shift work is not unusual (setting off for a shift that starts at 4-5 am ...

Any ideas?
Purely guesswork, but it's easier to work in the light, so makes sense to erect it in good working conditions for the eventuality of finding the body when it gets dark?

I and someone I know have also discussed the possibility that the mobile billboard is some sort of effort to guilt trip someone else into handing themselves in, as most people have already seen photos of her and know she's missing. However if you look online esp on Twitter I've noticed quite a few people asking about the Libby case because they've not heard about it until today. I think the arrest has caused more people to mention it on SM and therfore spread the word more around more. It's unfortunate it's taken a week for it to get out there more than just mainly the local community and the odd few curious people like us lot. I have noticed Libby's name has been mentioned around 4 times more today than any other day since she disappeared so far.

There was a similar case last year (student going missing outside on a night out), and I remember the police used a mobile billboard. They said that they wanted to specifically appeal to motorists who regularly pass through the area and who might have seen something that night, but maybe didn't realise since they live elsewhere and haven't seen the news. Might be another reason why :)

If that information is correct I'm surprised searches are not happening along the road(s) to Malton.

It’s around 35 miles, mostly country roads. This is sadly probably just not a possible option so they may be perusing questioning to find more out...

I had not thought of shift work.
I was thinking that the wife would have known if he was home all night, given that they had a baby and she would likely not sleep through the night.
If he was due for shift work in the wee hours, I wonder what his demeanor was at work.
Also, didn't the lady say she heard the scream and muttering voices at around 1 or 1:30 am?

Yeah well I hadn’t really thought of it, but then I realised that the only company it could be isn’t a standard butchers shop it’s more of an industrial abattoir/ pork meat production. There is a high likelihood that it would be varying shifts.

A butcher arrested on suspicion of abducting missing student Libby Squire stopped to help her when he spotted her crying at the side of the road, his sister has told The Telegraph.

[PR] allegedly offered to give her a lift home when he spotted her in a distressed state just after midnight. Speaking to the Telegraph his sister said he had spoken to Miss Squire on the night, but insisted he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

She said: "I don't believe my brother could do it. We were raised to be good people. He was driving and he stopped because he noticed a girl crying. She asked him to take her home, so he put her address into his sat nav and wanted to do just that. Apparently she threw herself at him, but he pushed her away because he is a married man."

And then what happened?
And why didn't he come forward several days ago?

That’s a good question?

Okay, this does not sound great at all. I feel something is completely off with tarnishing the reputation of a missing person.

Also, I’m confused. Is he the driver we have been hearing about from the start then? Or another driver who has allegedly stopped?

Yes, I’m confused too. Especially as the police said earlier in a statement that the driver was not linked to the abduction. Sooo does that mean the sister is saying her brother was the second man to stop.

How does his sister know all this if he has been in custody? Her stating that Libby threw herself at the suspect sounds like classic victim blaming to me.

I was assuming he'd told her before yesterday which makes the whole thing dodgy and tbh the sister has done him no favours at all by going public, no one's going to believe his story

JMO

Yes, I’m confused too. Especially as the police said earlier in a statement that the driver was not linked to the abduction. Sooo does that mean the sister is saying her brother was the second man to stop.

Sounds like he was the second man to stop. The Telegraph article says he stopped just after midnight - the earlier man ( grey hair, beard ) stopped at 11.45pm - which was also given as the last known sighting of LS

Interesting and raises a few questions for me, if he is guilty why did he admit involvement to his sister, if he isn't why didn't he go to the police with what would be exteremely important information. If what the sister says is true it makes me lean towards him being guilty, the old she made advances to me excuse isn't going to fool anyone, he's starting his defence already

JMO

I thought the witness who offered her a lift had grey hair and a long beard?

That’s an interesting article. I very much doubt they knew each other, and think he would have stopped after spotting her. Guessing they drove up into the park (and the car was seen as Cag thought) and things escalated from there. I don’t think it was pre-meditated.

Hope she’s found soon.

Wait...What his sister is saying makes it sound like the original driver helper but he was said to be an older man? Was a false description put out by Police or...I'm so confused.

That was a different one from what I can remember. They police said they already spoke to the other driver and he wasn't a suspect. They said he came forward and had been very helpful. Same as with the taxi driver.

I was assuming he'd told her before yesterday which makes the whole thing dodgy and tbh the sister has done him no favours at all by going public, no one's going to believe his story

JMO
Sounds like he explained his behaviour to his sister either on the night of Libby's disappearance or in the days after. Just covering his *advertiser censored*! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy82504