Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter died suddenly last April and wasn't found for 8 hours despite me being in the house. I assumed she'd left and didn't see her under her duvet on the floor. Was texting and trying to ring her all afternoon so the cops took both her phone and mine. Later the Coroner's officer told me they needn't have even taken mine as they could have got everything, even the texts, from my provider within a few days.

I am so terribly sorry for your loss x

My daughter died suddenly last April and wasn't found for 8 hours despite me being in the house. I assumed she'd left and didn't see her under her duvet on the floor. Was texting and trying to ring her all afternoon so the cops took both her phone and mine. Later the Coroner's officer told me they needn't have even taken mine as they could have got everything, even the texts, from my provider within a few days.

Hi Chris, Very sorry to hear about your loss. xx

To me the way she is walking in the new DM footage looks like she is pretty drunk.

I see her head through the barriers where the queue would be with her friends, she then gets turned away at the door out of shot and walks back down with her friend in front of her who is on the phone, possibly calling a taxi?? The queue has now started to form with more of their friends now in it who I guess must be asking what’s wrong, the friend is on the phone telling them she’s calling a taxi for Libby, taxi arrives out of shot and they both walk up to it, friend maybe telling other friends she’ll put Libby in and come back.

The fact her friend is on the phone means she more than likely got an official taxi and it was recorded which would make sense as the police said they have cleared the taxi driver but a silver car looks to pass by, could he have saw it all and followed taxi???

Hi Chris, Very sorry to hear about your loss. xx

Thanks. I really missed my phone and needed it for contact numbers and the lovely lady I liaised with at the Coroner's office who got it back for me in the end after about a week said they needn't even have taken mine as these days everything can be provided to them by the phone provider. It's faxed to them.

I have been a taxi driver for 26 years so I suppose I am qualified to answer some of the points raised.
The first thing that needs confirming is whether the taxi was a private hire car or a hackney. Hackney carriages can pick up off the street or taxi rank without a booking behind made but a private hire car would require to be booked by phone or app.
The private hire option is much safer as all bookings must be recorded by the taxi company by law.
I am a private hire driver and in the town where I work there are approximately 700 private hire cars as opposed to 20 Hackney vehicles.
From experience young people tend to book private hire cars as this is both more convenient and also cheaper.
As it is alleged that LS did not have her phone it is most likely a friend or someone from the club would have did this on her behalf. If in fact a phv was booked, which I feel is most likely then a certain amount of information is required to be recorded by the operator but in truth much more information is actually recorded than is legally required.
When booking is made the time of the call is logged to the 10th of a second as is the time the booking is despatched to the car. The record will then show what vehicle is given the job and which driver is driving the car. The telephone number that booked the car is also recorded or the user details if booked by app. To use the app the customer is required to pre register with their personal details including phone number and email address.
Now let’s consider what happened the night LS went missing.
Allegedly she got the taxi “ around 11 “. This probably means the taxi was booked at this time. The driver issued with the job may have been a few minutes away from the pick up location so may not have arrived there until a few minutes later,say 11.10. By the time he located LS and she got in the car could have added another few minutes. When the driver dropped her off he would then press the computer in the car to tell the office he had dropped off and this time would have been recorded by the office computer.
This probably accounts for the rough time of the pick up and accurate time of the drop off.

Thanks so much for helping us understand the process.

A couple followup questions if you have a chance to see this.

If the passenger decides they want to be dropped off not exactly at the address where they indicated in the booking then is that GPS location stored in the application anywhere? Like is the final GPS location of where they exactly were dropped off stored in the booking application?

I suppose that could depend too on what service she is using as maybe they are different with different companies.
Just wondering if that information about exactly where she was dropped off is available to LE.

Have one other question.

If someone other than LS made the actual reservation then is it typical that you would ask the actual passenger for their name, address, and any other information about that passenger? Or is that something that nobody really does or maybe it just depends on how rushed the person needs to get where they are going. Curious as to what is standard to do in that situation as far as getting the identification of the passenger or passengers when they did not make the reservation.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Truly sorry to hear about your daughter, it must have been an awful shock.

I believe (from being on Corrie's case) that the police can easily get text, call and browsing data from network providers, but what they can't get are any encrypted messages, which includes Whatsapp.

I find the statement from the mother to be full of bombast! Why was she so certain? Why did she state this on day 3?

Did she learn this info from the Police and let it out when she wasn't supposed to?

Why was her mum so sure apparently BEFORE the Police that she made it to her front door?

Libby's mum didn't say that Libby made it to her front door. People were questioning why Libby vacated the taxi before she reached her home. Her mother was confirming that this was not the case. Libby exited the taxi at her house. She was home. I think the police's choice of wording (near her home) was just to make it clear to the public that she did not enter her house. And it was later confirmed by her neighbours that they saw Libby exit the taxi, and she did not go into her house after being dropped off.
I think people were reasonably confused at this point because Libby got a taxi home, yet was seen on a bench near her home. Her mum was assuring people that Libby had arrived at her house as intended.
As far as Libby's movements/intentions go until this point, they were "simple". She was put in a taxi to take her home. And she arrived home. There was nothing that caused her to exit the taxi before she reached her house. Sadly we just don't know what happened next, but I'm inclined to believe she didn't have her keys, and this is what lead to her crying on the bench.

Missing Libby Squire's mum says daughter 'did get home in taxi' before vanishing

Hi all. Have been following your thread for a while. I don't have any theories to add, I've been following the case as have daughter at uni and this really had effect on me. I found your website after googling LS self harm as was suprised by lack of comments re this. When they released the info re the butcher I immediately went on to his Facebook page. I don't know if anyone here has done this, but I managed to get a good look before they closed it to the public completely. As it was mostly polish I couldn't understand a lot of it, and a lot of his posts I physically couldn't look at as they were those pray for sick baby posts with videos of seriously ill looking babies. The day I looked him up was not long after they'd mentioned about the lipstick and was it a hammer that was found in the bushes? What jumped out at me was further down his Facebook page were updates that he'd been playing a murder /detective/ puzzle type game on Facebook with automatic updates saying he'd found a lipstick for so many credits or something and then other clues pretty similar to what was found in the Bush. I don't play games on Facebook and can't remember what on earth the game is called. I just found that really odd. Probably looking too much into it, but thought I'd mention it. I wish they could find her x

There's likely more than one silver 5 door Astra in the area. Could be totally coincidental that one passes at that time.

The car that drives past certainly looks similar, gives me the creeps.

But silver astra’s are a popular and commonly seen car, it could be coincidental

True true. Something just feels off to me about this entire case and I can’t put my finger on it.
Law of average would probably say there’s a high chance if it’s a popular car but it seems to appear everywhere she is.
I hope she’s found soon...her poor family and friends, I can’t imagine...

Thanks. I really missed my phone and needed it for contact numbers and the lovely lady I liaised with at the Coroner's office who got it back for me in the end after about a week said they needn't even have taken mine as these days everything can be provided to them by the phone provider. It's faxed to them.

The irony of smart phone data being sent by fax!

Truly sorry to hear about your daughter, it must have been an awful shock.

I believe (from being on Corrie's case) that the police can easily get text, call and browsing data from network providers, but what they can't get are any encrypted messages, which includes Whatsapp.

Thanks. Yes it was a terrible shock to find her.

Yes I believe that's right. They can unlock any phone by the way. We didn't know our daughter's password but their techies got in to it quickly and gave it back to us locked again!

I thought these two maps were quite good, the data seems to be accurate from my understanding and what the police have said.

The first is Libby's known route that night and includes the park.
The second is the locations of PRs alleged crimes

Libby map.jpg pawel map.jpg

Hi all. Have been following your thread for a while. I don't have any theories to add, I've been following the case as have daughter at uni and this really had effect on me. I found your website after googling LS self harm as was suprised by lack of comments re this. When they released the info re the butcher I immediately went on to his Facebook page. I don't know if anyone here has done this, but I managed to get a good look before they closed it to the public completely. As it was mostly polish I couldn't understand a lot of it, and a lot of his posts I physically couldn't look at as they were those pray for sick baby posts with videos of seriously ill looking babies. The day I looked him up was not long after they'd mentioned about the lipstick and was it a hammer that was found in the bushes? What jumped out at me was further down his Facebook page were updates that he'd been playing a murder /detective/ puzzle type game on Facebook with automatic updates saying he'd found a lipstick for so many credits or something and then other clues pretty similar to what was found in the Bush. I don't play games on Facebook and can't remember what on earth the game is called. I just found that really odd. Probably looking too much into it, but thought I'd mention it. I wish they could find her x

His Facebook was already gone before I got chance to look at it. The police ruled the lipgloss, hammer and screwdriver that was found in the bush as irrelevant to the investigation as far as i’m aware but it is weird, this guy really gives me the creeps

Thanks. Yes it was a terrible shock to find her.

Yes I believe that's right. They can unlock any phone by the way. We didn't know our daughter's password but their techies got in to it quickly and gave it back to us locked again!

I have to ask - did you manage to get back into it? You'd think they'd have unlocked it for you given the circumstances but I wonder what the privacy policy is on that.

I have to ask - did you manage to get back into it? You'd think they'd have unlocked it for you given the circumstances but I wonder what the privacy policy is on that.

Oh yes we did eventually as her boyfriend managed to remember her "pattern". Asked the cops if they'd leave it open for us but they said they had to give it back exactly as they'd bagged it up, ie locked! We didn't want to read her texts and haven't done as they're private but wanted to see her photos from when she went away with her mum in February.

His Facebook was already gone before I got chance to look at it. The police ruled the lipgloss, hammer and screwdriver that was found in the bush as irrelevant to the investigation as far as i’m aware but it is weird, this guy really gives me the creeps

I looked at it.

But as a lot of it in polish only had a quick glance.

I had meant to ask a polish guy I know what he thought of it but it was gone by the time I saw him.

New video about 1pm today released by paper of Libby at nightclub venue , see if you think she’s drunk

Wow she is clearly intoxicated by the looks of it. The resting of her head on her friends shoulder indicates that she’s upset, drunk or both.

The silver car (I believe it’s an Astra) going past is quite eerie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member