Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Abduction
Park
Water

- I think she gets in the car, either just to sit a while in a warm space or because she thinks he's a taxi/good samaritan, and to go somewhere. I think he took her to the park.
- I don't think PR has the balls to rape someone. Agree re escalating behaviour but there's something about a bloke who gets his pee-pee out to make ladies scream, and steals their intimate belongings when they're out, that suggests a more distancing kind of seedy kink to me. However he may well have gotten kicks from chasing her round the park like a cat with a mouse.
- The constant focus of the cops on the park suggests they were both there.
- Police had to break ice on the pond to search it initially - it was FREEZING that night. I think in desperation she finally tried to escape him by wading into the river by the boathouse steps (photographs taken there with flags) to get to the other bank, stayed standing in the water while he stood on the bank fiddling with himself, then she succumbed to the cold and tide, and her body floated away.

I so hope I am wrong and she is still found alive somewhere.

Why? The crimes he has been charged with are the classic acts of sex offenders who later go on to rape and murder. Obviously not all voyeurs and flashers go onto commit more serious crimes, but those that do end up raping and murdering usually begin with lower level offences. For some offenders, it seems, the thrill of the lesser crimes is not enough and they have to escalate to maintain their kicks.

We don't know much about PR's character other than the offences he's been charged with. Why do some people struggle to believe that he's capable of murder? Is it because he looks fresh-faced and has a young family? Something else? I'm genuinely curious to know.

For Libby to have been abducted/picked up by a pervert and taken to the park, then get away from him but succumb to a terrible accident, would require two very rare things to occur in quick succession. Statistically, surely it's more likely that she was very unlucky once, not twice, and that her first piece of bad luck - ie, encountering PR - directly led to her death?

Why? The crimes he has been charged with are the classic acts of sex offenders who later go on to rape and murder. Obviously not all voyeurs and flashers go onto commit more serious crimes, but those that do end up raping and murdering usually begin with lower level offences. For some offenders, it seems, the thrill of the lesser crimes is not enough and they have to escalate to maintain their kicks.

We don't know much about PR's character other than the offences he's been charged with. Why do some people struggle to believe that he's capable of murder? Is it because he looks fresh-faced and has a young family? Something else? I'm genuinely curious to know.

For Libby to have been abducted/picked up by a pervert and taken to the park, then get away from him but succumb to a terrible accident, would require two very rare things to occur in quick succession. Statistically, surely it's more likely that she was very unlucky once, not twice, and that her first piece of bad luck - ie, encountering PR - was the thing that killed her?

Thumbs up from me...agree totally.

Might be a really daft question, but could they not somehow just drain the pond? It's so near the river (about 50-60m) they could pump the water up and out.

The did that very recently somewhere else didn't they? Young lad missing on night out...would have to check where.
I think a fishing lake isn't too easy to drain though, and this looks quite large to me?

For me, I believe PR for sure has some sick sexual fantasies and quite possibly may have made a sexual pass at LS which in turn caused her to run off and come to some harm. I’m not sure why, but I really don’t see that he’s killed her or even knows where she is now. Surely there would be some sort of trace of her if he had?

And another question to those of you who have actually seen that stretch of river - if you fell in would it typically be possible to climb back out?

Not easily. A sober person would have great difficulty, an intoxicated person would find it a mammoth task.

For reference: River Hull- Low Tide Jan 31 21:36 2.44m. High Tide Feb 1 03:40 6.23m

Considering the police are now going underwater, I can't help but think why they aren't using a sonar system to scour the water bed, would be much quicker and it would also identify if a body is in the pond at the playing fields. Must be quiet difficult searching pond water which would be very murky once movement of the diver is active.
These type of divers are trained to search by feel as well as sight, the murky bit doesn't matter so much.

I guess they could use some kind of sonar or radar but they would still need to get into to the water to investigate anything of interest. This cuts out the middleman.

The did that very recently somewhere else didn't they? Young lad missing on night out...would have to check where.
I think a fishing lake isn't too easy to drain though, and this looks quite large to me?

Yes, a few weeks ago. Essex? Jack? They found him there.

For Libby to have been abducted/picked up by a pervert and taken to the park, then get away from him but succumb to a terrible accident, would require two very rare things to occur in quick succession. Statistically, surely it's more likely that she was very unlucky once, not twice, and that her first piece of bad luck - ie, encountering PR - was the thing that killed her?

Nope, can't back up everything as replying to CoverMeCagney's post with gut feelings/hunches, as invited. However not suggesting she happened to fall into water in a double dose of bad luck. I think she was driven in there by sheer panic, hoping this was one place PR wouldn't follow her, so his presence was indirectly the thing that killed her, like driving someone to the edge of a cliff. All just speculation/gut feeling of course.

Not easily. A sober person would have great difficulty, an intoxicated person would find it a mammoth task.

Thank you, I'm trying to a feeling for it from 3D Google maps but it's hard to tell. Looks steeper in parts than others, and also quite muddy/stony on the banks. Is the river Hull fast flowing? Say if you saw someone fall in would you think "oh that's the end of them then" or would you be optimistic they'd be able to swim to the side or at least not get swept away?

The new photo releases don't seem like they would make some witness remember anything at this point. They are upsetting to most people. Which is probably their intended use in the hope that if she is being held captive, the person will feel guilty and release her.

And another question to those of you who have actually seen that stretch of river - if you fell in would it typically be possible to climb back out?

I’m not familiar with that river but it was subzero temperatures the night Libby disappeared. I once jumped into a freezing cold lake mid December (not off my own accord I was on a stupid Duke of Edinburgh trip with school and they basically forced me to do it) I was unable to move, teachers had to jump in to save me from drowning. I feel from that experience if Libby did enter the water without anyone around to help and being drunk on top of it then it won’t have ended well.

I think he's had her in the car for sure.

Taken her to the park (I'm assuming not to play on the swings)

And he's either escalated his behaviour and attacked and killed her or she's been terrified and run off.

Either way she's probably come to harm.

For me the big question is, has he murdered her or has something else happened to her.

Only finding Libby will answer that I think.

Either way I think he's totally responsible for what happened that night.

The reason I think he attacked her is the screams that were heard from the park.

If she was running away the screams would get louder or fainter depending what direction she was running. Also can anyone run for 15 minutes after they have been drinking that much ( I can't get off sofa when I've had a drink).

I just hope they find her as feel that's the only way it will be resolved.

We also don't know that his behaviour hasn't already escalalated anyway there could well be other charges against other women about to drop so for now I'm keeping to my opinion that he has harmed her intentionally.

She is 21, apparently used a gym and would be fuelled by adrenaline. Running away might be uncoordinated but stamina in those circumstances would not be an issue.

In the footage from The Welly CCTV she does appear very drunk but right at the beginning you can see her adjust herself to try to hide behind the bloke in front to disguise her approach to the queue. She was obviously aware of her state and trying to compensate. A further hour outside in the cold with no further alcohol should have sobered her up a little. I think she would have had a good chance of trying to get away from any danger if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist