Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #7 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wondered the same thing myself a number of times but haven't posted on it as I've never seen the river. It's very useful to get a local perspective. If - as your dad believes - it's very likely that Libby would have been found by now if she went into the river, it lends weight to the theory that she must have been transported and hidden elsewhere. Which would open up a whole range of possibilities.
Still the Drain to consider and Pond Area, plus large areas of unsearched Park

Edit to add... despite the pond/drain having had attention

I have a lot of news...

Oh boy.

First @CoverMeCagney

On the subject of vehicular access, I have a lot of video footage to process through and it could take me till tomorrow, so I'll give a text over view as i get the videos up.

I decided to check the padlocks on the gates, for make and model.

THE GATE AT BERESFORD ROAD END that leads to Clough Road along that path IS NOT LOCKED.

BREAKING:
The Police ARE CURRENTLY SEARCHING along the fence just inside Croda.

If you Go to Google Maps look at the path that goes up from Clough road, through the Bollards. Croda is on the right. The Police are in there searching along that side of the fence.

the gate at the NORTH end of that IS NOT LOCKED so a car could easily drive from Beresford Avenue, and rather than driving towards the pond, could turn right and drive along that path.

Howerver - there is nowhere to go, the barrier at the Clough road end is locked, and so are the bollards.

The only possibilities that leaves open is over the fence either into Croda, or the other side into the allotments. (The entrance to which is further along Clough Road)

Also, on my travels I got taken out by a car, so I'm going to have to also deal with that rather more urgently...

Back soon!

Hope you are OK and not injured ? I am very interested in that Croda area - do you think they will eventally search that pond area seen on googlemaps? Sorry to jump in here, but but I thought the Croda area had big fencing? Thanks for all the wonderful updates, take care. Sorry, rush, rush !!

Talking about this with a few freinds one of the things that makes this so difficult to process is that PR actually looks such a likeable and amiable person , its quite hard to conceive that he could have done something so attrocious. Even tho i think he did.
I dont know what PR's wife , sisters or mum are like but i wonder if the police could get them to visit him and talk to him and pursuade him if hes done anything wrong to confess and say where Libby is and at least give Libbys parents that peace.

Jumping off Beth's post above, this is one for the locals:

What typically happens when someone falls into the river Hull? Do bodies get found anywhere particularly or is the assumption they reached the estuary?

I ask because for example in York there is a marina area a few miles downstream (can't for the life of me think what it's called) and it seems bodies sometimes end up snagging around there, lots of boats parked up etc.

Been lurking for a few days now but following the case from the start. I live a couple of miles away from the area in question but am not familiar with it (although used to go to University on Inglemire Ave).

The river Hull flows into the river Humber before eventually going out to sea. The area around Oak Road however is a couple of miles even from the Humber (someone else may know exactly how far). The river Hull is a meanering river through industrial areas and the centre of town. Most of the river is viewable from pathways along it and several bridges which cross it along the way. I wondered how much of the river had been covered in searches.

I've wondered the same thing myself a number of times but haven't posted on it as I've never seen the river. It's very useful to get a local perspective. If - as your dad believes - it's very likely that Libby would have been found by now if she went into the river, it lends weight to the theory that she must have been transported and hidden elsewhere. Which would open up a whole range of possibilities.
Jason Norfolk Hull this boy fell in the river 2 years ago and he has never been found. You can google it. So sad.

I can't stop thinking about the Susan McLean case (an American in Scotland) and I think it's because all this local help is reminding me how wonderful Websleuthers can be.

It's only one thread, 42 pages long, but I'd recommend you read the whole thing when you have an hour or two. We had a member out searching diligently (with a shocking twist midway explaining why she was so keen) and another member, a friend of Susan, who flew from the US to team up with her and search. We also had Susan's husband join us.

It's my favourite thread that I've ever been involved with here. Heartwarming but twisty, sad but just beautiful really. Please read, and then have a Scotch whiskey, for Susan!

Found Deceased - UK - Susan McLean, 61, U.S. tourist, Aberfeldy, Scotland, 17 May 2015

Last edited:
Jason Norfolk Hull this boy fell in the river 2 years ago and he has never been found. You can google it. So sad.
I googled it and yes, that's a really sad story. My only comment on it is that he went missing quite a bit further downstream, closer to the Humber, where the river is wider and possibly deeper. The section of the River Hull near the park is narrower, probably shallower, and has a long way - and many bends - to get through before it reaches the Humber.

I checked the padlock on the gate at the Beresford Avenue end of the Clough Road cycle path... no padlock... no lock at all... freely for anyone to open and get a car down - although there are very few options that way, as they gate at the other end,. and the bollards are locked.

The second video is pointless really, as you can't see people in there, but that's the sound of the Police searching through the dense wooded area inside the Croda fence at the moment.

I checked the padlock on the gate at the Beresford Avenue end of the Clough Road cycle path... no padlock... no lock at all... freely for anyone to open and get a car down - although there are very few options that way, as they gate at the other end,. and the bollards are locked.

The second video is pointless really, as you can't see people in there, but that's the sound of the Police searching through the dense wooded area inside the Croda fence at the moment.

You didn't tell us how you are :oops: Not a damaged bike and a trip to A&E I hope. !

Maybe? I'm hypothesising, obvs!

Of course.....! Just so happens I was just browsing the Astra manual having found it while Googling about the car. One thing I now know is that the car can be locked using the button on the centre console to keep people from outside opening a door but someone inside only needs to pull the door handle and it will unlock.

Good news the police are checking Croda. I know Cagney and others have highlighted the Croda area as a potential dumping ground and it is near to the car park and he would possibly have felt safer dumping it on private land , less chance of discovery. Ive always felt that if i was dumping a body , dumping it in the river it would just float there and be easily discovered so personally id go for hiding it somewhere unlikely to be found like croda.

I googled it and yes, that's a really sad story. My only comment on it is that he went missing quite a bit further downstream, closer to the Humber, where the river is wider and possibly deeper. The section of the River Hull near the park is narrower, probably shallower, and has a long way - and many bends - to get through before it reaches the Humber.

Absolutely. Much wider and deeper and almost impossible to get out of without assistance. That case was much more clear to see how you could easily have fallen into the water and taken away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heypig06