Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #7 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The witness to the running man was definitive in saying the screams were from the far end of the park. If it was LS how did PR keep her quiet for that considerable distance from his vehicle?

This is the one thing that puzzles me ..the screams were described as "moving" so may have been someone running further into the park (if a person was blocking the exit direction )....plus I wonder how sound may travel and be deceiving

Hi. First post but have been following this sad case from the start.

I can't find a link but I am pretty sure that I read on MSN that the park screams were heard from a house in Claremont Rd and the guy that wasn't dressed for the weather was seen running from the park. There looks to be street lights on Oak Rd at the back of Claremont Rd so that makes sense as they could of seen him exit somewhere along there. The thing that bothers me is if LS was taken from Haworth Street at 12.09 and the witness heard the first scream coming from the Lake/River area at 12.15 as there is no way he could of got her right over the other side of the park in that short space of time. Maybe the witness was wrong and the screams were closer to the park bench? We don't know what time the witness saw PR running from the park but for someone to be still looking out of their window I would imagine it wasn't long after the last scream. Maybe he went back later to clear up?
That's a good call re timing. Maybe a local could do the drive from Haworth cctv location to pedestrian stile on Oak Rd and walk into the park. 6 minutes seems a really small amount of time to cover everything on your own nevermind with an unwilling passenger.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but if you look at page 1 of this thread, referencing any comments made on social media is against the TOS of this site. I think you still have a short period of time where you can still edit the reference out of your post :)
Ooops I’m sorry! I posted in a rush & I’m just popping in and out when I get the chance! I will try to figure out how to edit/delete!

That's a good call re timing. Maybe a local could do the drive from Haworth cctv location to pedestrian style on Oak Rd and walk into the park. 6 minutes seems a really small amount of time to cover everything on your own nevermind with an unwilling passenger.
The police revised the last time Libby was seen near the bench to 12.05, which would extend it by a few minutes.

The police revised the last time Libby was seen near the bench to 12.05, which would extend it by a few minutes.
Which discounts PR on Haworth cctv. Which MSM discounted him as PR. ITV or Daily Mail?

Hi. First post but have been following this sad case from the start.

I can't find a link but I am pretty sure that I read on MSN that the park screams were heard from a house in Claremont Rd and the guy that wasn't dressed for the weather was seen running from the park. There looks to be street lights on Oak Rd at the back of Claremont Rd so that makes sense as they could of seen him exit somewhere along there. The thing that bothers me is if LS was taken from Haworth Street at 12.09 and the witness heard the first scream coming from the Lake/River area at 12.15 as there is no way he could of got her right over the other side of the park in that short space of time. Maybe the witness was wrong and the screams were closer to the park bench? We don't know what time the witness saw PR running from the park but for someone to be still looking out of their window I would imagine it wasn't long after the last scream. Maybe he went back later to clear up?

The police searched gardens along Claremont Ave, and there were a couple of quotes in MSM from residents arising out of that (nothing significant) but we've not been told by MSM where the witness of running-man lives, only he lives "close to the park". In another report his dad is recounting what his son saw, and his house "overlooks the playing fields".

Agree Claremont Ave is very likely as the location though. Despite its satellite dish, the redroofed house is in a peculiar, vulnerable location for a domestic dwelling; it has a fence but I'd have a front gate ten foot tall if I was in an isolated building next to a park like that.

Girl heard screaming in park just minutes after Libby Squire vanished
Libby Squire: Police examining CCTV footage which may show missing student

If you do a search on number 15 it comes up as a 6 bedroom 2 bathroom house, the same description is given to the house that is up for rent in simply students, could this possibly be an empty house?
Seems unlikely with the time of year unless its recently been purchased, I tried to search the history but can't find any
I'm guessing most houses down that street fit probably have 6 bedrooms 2 bathrooms also.

Which discounts PR on Haworth cctv. Which MSM discounted him as PR. ITV or Daily Mail?
It doesn't discount PR being the man on Haworth Street CCTV. If Libby was last seen by somebody else near the bench at 12.05 and the car in Haworth left at around 12.09, it would fit perfectly.

Also, re: the 12.15 timing of the screams - aren't we in danger of taking this too literally? Do we know that the witness checked the exact time when they heard the screams, or was just estimating the time in retrospect?

Last edited:
The witness to the running man was definitive in saying the screams were from the far end of the park. If it was LS how did PR keep her quiet for that considerable distance from his vehicle?

He could have had his hand cover her mouth and she managed to escape for a short time

[QUOTE="CoverMeCagney

I think you're looking at no 15, right? With the drain channel behind it? We are fairly sure now that Libby actually lives at no 32, across the road and round a bit. We do not know who lives at no 15 or why it was being searched with lumin0l. The no 32 clue came from a Sun image of the house (high privet hedge at the front) saying Libby's parents had visited her house.

Interestingly, behind no 32 is a small alley which also backs on to Heathcote (from where the scream and bang that sounded like a wooden gate were heard). There are back garden gates along there, including Libbys house. Hope this link works, I don't know how to mark the map but I'll try put her house dead centre. It's the one with a conservatory looking thing on the back. I've put it into 3D as it helps.

Google Maps

If I was in her position I would be trying to break in at rear or property. This probably would be the only option I had as no phone/key/friends/cold/feeling poorly from alcohol. Not wanting to accept help from strangers.

I’ve just searched electoral roles for residents of Wellesley. A lot of house addresses do not have registered people or are anon by choice on the ER. The 2 numbers mentioned are unfortunately not registered on the ER i have access to.[/QUOTE]

Judging by Libby’s friends interview, they state she didn’t have her phone with her all day. I took that as their gathering of friends drinking session had started during the day. The youngsters trend nowadays seems to consist of meeting at one house for pre-drinks, get pretty much blathered before going out and having to pay pub prices. Perhaps number 15 is another student house where they all met? Perhaps Libby thought she may have left her key there. It was reported whether rightly or wrongly that Libby had fallen whilst out, maybe scrubbed knees. Could she possibly have gone to number 15 also to try and retrieve her key. Just a thought...

If I was in her position I would be trying to break in at rear or property. This probably would be the only option I had as no phone/key/friends/cold/feeling poorly from alcohol. Not wanting to accept help from strangers.

I’ve just searched electoral roles for residents of Wellesley. A lot of house addresses do not have registered people or are anon by choice on the ER. The 2 numbers mentioned are unfortunately not registered on the ER i have access to.

Judging by Libby’s friends interview, they state she didn’t have her phone with her all day. I took that as their gathering of friends drinking session had started during the day. The youngsters trend nowadays seems to consist of meeting at one house for pre-drinks, get pretty much blathered before going out and having to pay pub prices. Perhaps number 15 is another student house where they all met? Perhaps Libby thought she may have left her key there. It was reported whether rightly or wrongly that Libby had fallen whilst out, maybe scrubbed knees. Could she possibly have gone to number 15 also to try and retrieve her key. Just a thought...[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I am really behind this a.m. - but pretty sure the friend in the blue jacket (the shrugger) mentioned they all met up somewhere at the University for pre drinks?
Not got time atm to double check, anyone else remember accurately great.

Just thinking out loud but as PR mom and sister were asked by press about him "taxi driving"

The police press video at the bench on the 4th the officer for some reason decides to put 2 specific rumours to bed

The tools and lipgloss
That they are looking at someone cruising round as a taxi driver

Why do this ? Why those two rumours to put to bed? They dont normally tell public much

I wonder if they had PR in their sight then and hoped by stating this he would relax slightly and lead them to libby

Although I agree it's a very logical, even likely, explanation, we dont know as a fact that LS had lost/hadnt taken her Keys on the night? It seems it has become a central assumption/fact to a few lines of thinking.

Or have I missed sonething? ( equally likely!) If so, apologies.

It doesn't discount PR being the man on Haworth Street CCTV. If Libby was last seen by somebody else near the bench at 12.05 and the car in Haworth left at around 12.08, it would fit perfectly.

Also, re: the 12.15 timing of the screams - aren't we in danger of taking this too literally? Do we know that the witness checked the exact time when they heard the screams, or was just estimating the time in retrospect?
If PR left Haworth ST at 12-09 its conceivable to think he could have got to oak road park by 12-15, its only about 500 meters. Maybe Libby closed her eyes on the drive thinking he was taking her home as promised, but PR drove to the park , parked up and Libby woke up in a very frightening situation , and screamed. Something very sinister happened.

Judging by Libby’s friends interview, they state she didn’t have her phone with her all day. I took that as their gathering of friends drinking session had started during the day. The youngsters trend nowadays seems to consist of meeting at one house for pre-drinks, get pretty much blathered before going out and having to pay pub prices. Perhaps number 15 is another student house where they all met? Perhaps Libby thought she may have left her key there. It was reported whether rightly or wrongly that Libby had fallen whilst out, maybe scrubbed knees. Could she possibly have gone to number 15 also to try and retrieve her key. Just a thought...

Sorry, I am really behind this a.m. - but pretty sure the friend in the blue jacket (the shrugger) mentioned they all met up somewhere at the University for pre drinks?
Not got time atm to double check, anyone else remember accurately great.[/QUOTE]

Shrugger in blue said pre-drinks at one of his friends house I believe.

It doesn't discount PR being the man on Haworth Street CCTV. If Libby was last seen by somebody else near the bench at 12.05 and the car in Haworth left at around 12.08, it would fit perfectly.

The one thing that would work in the witness's favour here in my view is the extended 15 minute period the intermittent screams were heard. Plenty of time to do a cursary time check. You're right in that it's not written in stone as far as we know though.

There is street lighting on Oak Rd as mentioned so perhaps offender parked closer to Beresford Avenue to enable a Claremont Avenue witness see the 40 yard running man. If he was heading for a vehicle?

FWIW I felt encouraged by the recent police press conference that they have avenues to pursue that we are not privy to and aren't showing their hand.

Although I agree it's a very logical, even likely, explanation, we dont know as a fact that LS had lost/hadnt taken her Keys on the night? It seems it has become a central assumption/fact to a few lines of thinking.

Or have I missed sonething? ( equally likely!) If so, apologies.
We don't know it for a fact. It's an assumption based on the fact that the taxi driver dropped her off outside her house and she didn't go in but rather wandered off up the road. But yes, it's possible that she did have her keys but decided not to go inside the house. Maybe she decided to go to a friend's house, grab something to eat from a takeaway or even go for a drink in the pub. She could have intended to do any of these things but then become faint and woozy when she was near the bench and remained there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member