Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I agree ... I'm just not sure they would show potential evidence if they thought any one of the people on CCTV were involved
So do you think the Haworth St cctv was allowed to be released due to it not featuring anyone or anything involved josie?

This stretch of Oak Road is entirely unpaved and unlit until it reaches the park's main entrance at Beresford Avenue. In places, it was quite boggy underfoot. The playing fields are open to the left, and the occasional house has a back gate which opens out onto it.
Thank you for the photos so far. I noticed there's a shoe on the ground in the left of that photo. I know it's extremely unlikely to be related to Libby but I always wonder how on earth people manage to lose a shoe whilst they're out and about! Do they just go home with one shoe?! The mind boggles.

The one thing I realize from @Vermont24 and @Strontium69 pictures and videos is I would not walk/run/bike there in the dark. I am too much of a nervous nelly!

It does appear to me what @Hatfield states about the thick woods-bushy it would be easy to hide a body in a shallow grave.

It does seem some a massive area with so much hiding potential..the only thing not in favour would be the ground would have been froze solid

After walking for approximately 15 minutes, I reached Beresford Avenue (and asphalt, thankfully). There are two pedestrian entrances either side of the car park (again, locked outside of normal hours). If PR and LS did enter the park, it would've been more than likely via one of these. Whilst taking the latter imagine, I noticed a CCTV camera directly behind me attached to a garage. If it's working correctly, I'd imagine it's capable of picking up the entrance clearly. That said, its view of this area would be totally obscured if the bushes aren't tended to. They're clear now, possibly due to LE, but streetview tells a different story.

Attachments

• 4 copy.jpg
    4 copy.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 5 copy.jpg
    5 copy.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
So do you think the Haworth St cctv was allowed to be released due to it not featuring anyone or anything involved josie?

I agree it seems the complete opposite of what I'm saying ..because I do feel that CCTV is very relevant..the police did not release it though .. even though we can "assume" the police allowed its release.
A further difference is that with that CCTV they stated it could be libby...if they thought one of the people seen on oak rd was with libby they would have said

I agree it seems the complete opposite of what I'm saying ..because I do feel that CCTV is very relevant..the police did not release it though .. even though we can "assume" the police allowed its release.
A further difference is that with that CCTV they stated it could be libby...if they thought one of the people seen on oak rd was with libby they would have said
Agree. ETA...Except I dont think LE said anything re LS. So would not necc say re croda cctv

For @Hatfield - everything has been hacked back by LE. For reasons I've mentioned before (namely, digging holes is hard work and time consuming, let alone in -5c with frozen ground), I think a burial site anywhere in this area is extremely unlikely.

Attachments

• 6 copy.jpg
    6 copy.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 54
For @Hatfield - everything has been hacked back by LE. For reasons I've mentioned before (namely, digging holes is hard work and time consuming, let alone in -5c with frozen ground), I think a burial site anywhere in this area is extremely unlikely.

Thanks for your opinion on that.

Its nice to have someone on the ground there to get their feel for the place.

After walking for approximately 15 minutes, I reached Beresford Avenue (and asphalt, thankfully). There are two pedestrian entrances either side of the car park (again, locked outside of normal hours). If PR and LS did enter the park, it would've been more than likely via one of these. Whilst taking the latter imagine, I noticed a CCTV camera directly behind me attached to a garage. If it's working correctly, I'd imagine it's capable of picking up the entrance clearly. That said, its view of this area would be totally obscured if the bushes aren't tended to.

Photos are really helpful thank you .. I'm still not 100% convinced if PR did take her into the park he didn't drive his car in some how ... I know the gates are locked at night and I know it would be another bit of luck to find a gate open but I cant shake it off completely

Great photos thank you ...this is the area that interests me in particular

The final image of my walk, taken at the paved entrance to Oak Road. Obviously it is closed to cars, so not a road in the conventional sense. Contrary to childhood memories, it is paved and lit, but I'm unsure if this was always the case.

A ditch runs immediately beside the treeline at left, and it appears that a fair bit of hacking has taken place here too. I passed a couple of people, but a walk along here at 2am wouldn't be my idea of a good time.

It actually only took me a few minutes from this point to reach the Croda CCTV area, but it still feels very isolated. Allotments stretch to the right of the path, and there's a constant hum from the industry in the area.

There are several CCTV cameras in the area as you reach the end of Oak Road - namely attached to Smyths and Mecca. As others have suggested, the latter is directed largely at the car park, but it looks like it could just pick up the junction. Clough Rd itself has plenty of cameras.

Attachments

• 7 copy.jpg
    7 copy.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 67
Thank you for the photos so far. I noticed there's a shoe on the ground in the left of that photo. I know it's extremely unlikely to be related to Libby but I always wonder how on earth people manage to lose a shoe whilst they're out and about! Do they just go home with one shoe?! The mind boggles.

Who throws a shoe? Honestly!

[It was a white, men's Adidas. It was close enough to the football changing/locker rooms, so that might be your explanation].

I knew it was reported as soon as her friends knew she hadn't got home but I'd assumed it was much later. That makes me wonder if they'd been waiting for her to call to say she'd got home and came home early when they couldn't reach her?.
I remember very early on that both her friends and family mentioned that it was common for her to phone someone when she arrived home safely - particularly friends with whom she had just been out. I believe that this is why things came to light so quickly. Friends/housemates might have even been worried before arriving home because they knew they should have heard from her by then.

I remember very early on that both her friends and family mentioned that it was common for her to phone someone when she arrived home safely - particularly friends with whom she had just been out. I believe that this is why things came to light so quickly. Friends/housemates might have even been worried before arriving home because they knew they should have heard from her by then.
Possibly left the nightclub early to go look for her when she didn't text/call to say she was home safely?

Photos are really helpful thank you .. I'm still not 100% convinced if PR did take her into the park he didn't drive his car in some how ... I know the gates are locked at night and I know it would be another bit of luck to find a gate open but I cant shake it off completely

I understand why you say that, but it's just not possible. At night the park is hemmed in by fences, locked gates and the River Hull. Only City Council vehicles can drive directly onto the park via the car park. It's the only way on.

My personal belief is that he parked very close, possibly at this point on Beresford Avenue:
Google Maps

Between CCTV, phone pings and satnav data, there may well evidence which puts him in a specific area within the timeframe in question.

I struggle with why they would need to show them or if they would want to in an ongoing investigation that could go to court ? Would they normally show potential evidence?
Yes if he has admitted it was him

I'm lost as to how this would fit with what we know ? Albeit very little ? How would these people fit into the crime ?
Ask the Police, they are the ones that released the CCTV.

They must think it's important as it's one of the few appeals they have made for information.

Remember we know virtually nothing about this. The 'facts' are minimal.

1. Libby went home early in a taxi, very 'tired and emotional' after being refused entry at The Welly.
2. Libby did not go inside her home and instead stumbled off mumbling incoherently.
3. Libby did not have her phone with her, it was in her bedroom.
4. Libby was seen by someone passing by on a main street and ask if she was OK, she refused their assistance.
5. Last time the Police have confirmed a sighting of Libby she was on or near the bench just after midnight.
6. Libby was reported missing by her friends early Friday morning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member