Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The final image of my walk, taken at the paved entrance to Oak Road. Obviously it is closed to cars, so not a road in the conventional sense. Contrary to childhood memories, it is paved and lit, but I'm unsure if this was always the case.

A ditch runs immediately beside the treeline at left, and it appears that a fair bit of hacking has taken place here too. I passed a couple of people, but a walk along here at 2am wouldn't be my idea of a good time.

It actually only took me a few minutes from this point to reach the Croda CCTV area, but it still feels very isolated. Allotments stretch to the right of the path, and there's a constant hum from the industry in the area.

There are several CCTV cameras in the area as you reach the end of Oak Road - namely attached to Smyths and Mecca. As others have suggested, the latter is directed largely at the car park, but it looks like it could just pick up the junction. Clough Rd itself has plenty of cameras.
Did you go up near mecca bingo way and see if there is cctv about which could of captured the four people on cctv at Oak rd ?

I understand why you say that, but it's just not possible. At night the park is hemmed in by fences, locked gates and the River Hull. Only City Council vehicles can drive directly onto the park via the car park. It's the only way on.

My personal belief is that he parked very close, possibly at this point on Beresford Avenue:
Google Maps

Between CCTV, phone pings and satnav data, there may well evidence which puts him in a specific area within the timeframe in question.

And this is where the CCTV picks up the 4 people? So is it possible LE wants these folks to come forward to see if a car was parked oddly?

I know you were. But I think if his plan was, as you say, consensual sex with a compliant albeit too drunk female it's unlikely to have escalated to a girl that's still missing after 6 weeks.
I agree.

Nice posts JJ.

Everyone sees diff things on the spidercam. Youlla Sees what you want to in the end. Couldnt resist. Sorry.

Are you proposing that PR is not involved in LS disapprearance? Or that PR is involved in LS disapprearance but in cahoots with another person? Who may be responsible for other abductions in a wider area? Or is of a similar mindset?

Yes. 'A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest' but, still, I think that spider-cam smoker is too cool, and as Newthoughts writes, too successful, to have been doing this for the first time, especially bearing in mind that there are other similar unsolved cases.

I don't suspect PR. He just sounds like a local pervert that the police picked up. It would not have taken this long to find forensic evidence or to get him to say something self-incriminating. I don't think that there is a conspiracy (someone in cahoots) but the reverse -- the same person is doing it more than once in a wider area, and getting better at abducting women in sporty hatchbacks.

They say that sex offenders have a high redisomething rate when released from prison -- they tend to do it again. I think it is likely to be even higher and very high for someone who has not even been caught. If so the person that may have bundled Claudia Lawrence into a silver hatchback would be likely to be doing it again.

And this is where the CCTV picks up the 4 people? So is it possible LE wants these folks to come forward to see if a car was parked oddly?

No, that's elsewhere. The four will have come from this direction though. LE knows they've come from the Beresford Avenue area.

If PR did park in the area I linked to via streetview, there'd be nothing odd about it.

I agree.

Yes. 'A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest' but, still, I think that spider-cam smoker is too cool, and as Newthoughts writes, too successful, to have been doing this for the first time, especially bearing in mind that there are other similar unsolved cases.

I don't suspect PR. He just sounds like a local pervert that the police picked up. It would not have taken this long to find forensic evidence or to get him to say something self-incriminating. I don't think that there is a conspiracy (someone in cahoots) but the reverse -- the same person is doing it more than once in a wider area, and getting better at abducting women in sporty hatchbacks.

They say that sex offenders have a high redisomething rate when released from prison -- they tend to do it again. I think it is likely to be even higher and very high for someone who has not even been caught. If so the person that may have bundled Claudia Lawrence into a silver hatchback would be likely to be doing it again.
Welcome to the forum! I don't suppose your James Joyce from the Brighton Joyce's?!

I agree.

The answer to the Claudia Lawrence mystery lies much closer to home.

I agree.

Alternative theories are welcome, of course, but police aren't going solely on that frustrating snippet of spidercam footage here. There's enough CCTV in the area that they've got a number plate read and traced and arrested whoever owns the car shown.

Last edited:
Alternative theories are welcome, of course, but police aren't just going on that frustrating snippet of spidercam footage here. There's enough CCTV in the area that they've got a number plate read and traced and arrested whoever owns the car shown.
I personally am liking these new theories.

It's just odd that if pr did pick up Libby on CCTV and travel a short distance to the park that they have found no evidence to charge him with.

At least new scenarios are something to think about.

I personally am liking these new theories.

It's just odd that if pr did pick up Libby on CCTV and travel a short distance to the park that they have found no evidence to charge him with.

At least new scenarios are something to think about.

It's a short distance to the park, yes, but much less surveilled once you're off the main road and into a residential area. They may well have him turning off Beverley Road into Beresford Avenue or Wellesley, but how do you prove what happened next if there's no CCTV or witnesses to rely on?

There's potentially a black hole, both spatially and temporally, to account for. The searches have never broadened, and you'd expect that was for a reason - that they know where PR was and for how long, probably due to a combination of mobile pings, satnav data, and using CCTV in the vicinity to eliminate possible alternative routes.

Last edited:
The final image of my walk, taken at the paved entrance to Oak Road. Obviously it is closed to cars, so not a road in the conventional sense. Contrary to childhood memories, it is paved and lit, but I'm unsure if this was always the case.

A ditch runs immediately beside the treeline at left, and it appears that a fair bit of hacking has taken place here too. I passed a couple of people, but a walk along here at 2am wouldn't be my idea of a good time.

It actually only took me a few minutes from this point to reach the Croda CCTV area, but it still feels very isolated. Allotments stretch to the right of the path, and there's a constant hum from the industry in the area.

There are several CCTV cameras in the area as you reach the end of Oak Road - namely attached to Smyths and Mecca. As others have suggested, the latter is directed largely at the car park, but it looks like it could just pick up the junction. Clough Rd itself has plenty of cameras.
Well done Vermont. Many thanks.

Will catch up later with pics etc.

Just a point on this one that Strontium pointed out that I had missed when visited. There is/was no padlock on the yellow vehicle barriers, so it would be easy to swing it up and open and allow vehicular access without key or much effort. I cant find the pic/post showing this but will do later ( unless S shows up and does it)

Not sure if one was fitted today?

Again, many thanks for pics

Well, I guess if it's PR with LS in the spiderman footage, they were ok with that for some reason?

Well seen as you can't identify either of them from the portion we have seen then there is no reason for them not to be ok with it.

They certainly wouldn't let anything that would identify them conclusively to be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper