Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a something I've not thought of.

I wonder how much of the 96 hours of questioning PR where used for Libby and how much where used for the unrelated crimes.

I've thought about something similar.

Given that there was still a missing girl out there, as best we knew, I think it's likely that the line of questioning was prioritising finding her.

Yes, used mine when I lost some keys in the dark, no other light, was fine for me.

I appreciate completely that all phones will have slightly different lights etc but what I am meaning is that it's okay for locating an item where you know roughly where you have dropped it and what it is you are looking for. What it isn't good for is guiding the way or looking into the distance and for orientation. Just for an example I have an iphone and my mum has a tiny garden around 12-15ft max to back fence and I (when trying to find her cat lol) can't light up that fence or look into the distance to the fence line to look for an item/the cat at that distance. That's all i was getting at.

Going back to the bike and torch thing - he could have needed a stronger torch with more reach to locate a lost item of his own that he realised lost int he park i.e. glasses or something else that he knew they may find. That may possibly tie in with them search for an item.

I've thought about something similar.

Given that there was still a missing girl out there, as best we knew, I think it's likely that the line of questioning was prioritising finding her.
I agree.

They probably used the extra 24 hours to question him about the other stuff.

When they knew they didn't have enough evidence to charge him for Libby.

No, I totally understand where @JosieJo is coming from, and I'm confident that it's not simply being dismissive.

The discovery of the body has understandably increased interest in the case around these parts, and with that we've had an influx of new posters - not all of whom seem to have caught up and grasped the rudimentary facts before offering theories and analysis. Some repetition is inevitable, but everyone should try their best to be informed before joining in. It's an emotive case for us all, and there's quite a few locals here who are struggling to come to terms with what has happened in their community.

Information degradation happens quite quickly in this thread if people aren't corrected. You see it first with place names - Oak Road Playing Fields start to become 'Oak Park', Raglan Street becomes 'Raglan Road', the unrelated sluice is now on the River Hull, and then Pawel is supplementing the income from his 20 hour a day shifts by working as a part-time cycle courier.

Don't take it personally, we're just hoping to balance keeping a tight ship whilst encouraging debate and conversation.

Thanks

Just a thought - how well could PR speak English, if at all?

It was said he needed an interpreter in court so his English can’t have been that good.

If this is the case, would he and LS have even been able to have had a conversation at the bench?

Would he have known how to offer her a lift in English? She was very drunk and it’s likely she couldn’t speak coherently at the time and I seriously doubt she’d be able to understand Polish, or even he understand much English.

The fact that Libby is now found and the case is being treated as a homicide will hopefully encourage PR's family circle to release any info they might have. They could have been clinging to the hope it was all an accident.

@TheCasual

I'm having trouble thinking of anywhere on Wincolmlee that has direct access to the river other than this stretch:
Google Maps

(Posters from elsewhere, behold Hull's glorious industrial heartland!)

A lot of business with lock-up yards open directly onto the river, though.

You've just give me the creeps. I work two minutes away from Willington Bridge.

That area seems to far east of the City. So maybe not Wincolmlee.

It was said he needed an interpreter in court so his English can’t have been that good.

If this is the case, would he and LS have even been able to have had a conversation at the bench?

Would he have known how to offer her a lift in English? She was very drunk and it’s likely she couldn’t speak coherently at the time and I seriously doubt she’d be able to understand Polish, or even he understand much English.

This was covered earlier on. I think the general consensus was he had enough to get by and be conversational.
Even being able to understand a good level of English and truly understanding it, is also totally different.
I mentioned a Polish friend of mine. Her English is just fine.
I asked her to translate
‘Please do not stand or kneel at this window’
For me, into Polish, for a sign.
She was hesitating so I google translated it to tease her, when I said what Google had, she said
Oh yeah, that makes more sense.
Things don’t always easily translate and she often says stuff that sounds ‘odd’ despite having an excellent grasp of the language.
Under pressure, in court, with terminology most of us wouldn’t understand, he needs a translator.

Having basic convesational English and understanding what is going on in a fast moving court of law are two different things. I could get from a to b on a train in France or order a coffee but I'd struggle to understand a long conversation or deal with legal jargonese

His language skills have been extensively discussed in previous threads. So, to recap, there was a comment made by his neighbour that his wife asked if he’d contact the landlord over a fallen fence panel - that put into question how well he could communicate in English. But it was also highlighted that SHE had asked, not PR. So maybe she just wanted it sorting, saw the neighbour and asked him to help.

In terms of legal speak and translation ... my mother is a Dutch national. She has lived in the UK for over 40 years and speaks absolute fluent English to a high level with a very slight accent. But if she were ever to appear in court I’m pretty sure she’d request a Dutch translator too. Legal speak is much more complex than conversational language, and I think anybody would find this easier in their native tongue.

I would imagine PR's family ,sisters and mother,
could be in denial.
I can not see them giving any information.
His wife however could want nothing more to do with him and be very willing to speak freely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AgentA