Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stella8 I was more inclined to think that electrical company gave itv full version....maybe days after police received it, itv contacted police to say they had a copy & then that’s how the agreement came about that once the police had arrested PR itv could publish a police edited version, so as not to prejudice any future trial. I think itv are more compliant with police than most other MSM.

Wonder did any other businesses feel the same (fuming with police...) and pass their CCTV to media aswell, but police asked/ prevented it from being broadcast, went with the safest one/ least shown in terms of Libby/ Libby entering car

I really don't like thinking about this particular part of events, but I can understand the debate and it's undoubtedly key to working out what actually happened. I'll try to be brief here, and then I'm not touching it again.

The stretch of the river after the park is indeed largely industrial until it reaches the city centre. Lots of business premises open directly onto the river between Clough Road and Wincolmlee, but the area is a ghost town over the weekend. There's also a lot of dereliction and disuse. There isn't much in the way of public access to the riverside. Check streetview and you'll get a feel for it.

As well as buoyancy and variables along those lines, I think the reason that nobody saw her is simply because nobody saw her. If that sounds obtuse, I had a crack at explaining what I mean with an amateurish Schrodinger analogy yesterday. The river is extremely brown, and if nobody was around to see, then nobody saw.

In all likelihood it didn't take 7 weeks to reach the estuary. Travel was probably further and faster than most of us are reckoning. Once in the Humber, it's good fortune she was found.
My thoughts exactly, Vermont. I don’t like all the analysis of her being in the river, it just seems a bit depressing. I understand completely that people are asking questions. Who was it said above, LS deserves to be remembered for the life she led, not the death she suffered.

I have three or four posts on my Facebook page on a Friday and Saturday night offering unlicensed taxi's.
They're all British. I don't think it's a Eastern European thing.
So they are looking for custom by advertising, rather than hanging around in dead-end residential streets.

I think students now have it drilled into them to only use licensed cabs. Especially female students. However I'm sure unlicensed cabs exist. Maybe for other ex pat Polish people.

However I must admit I thought the taxi story was more a cover story than a real income generator. I don't think Libby would get into an unlicensed taxi but - if it were parked around a corner say, and you didn't realise it was unlicensed until you got round that corner?

Yes I agree ..even if hes never entertained the thought before theres a good chance he may have told LS he worked as a taxi ...its possible the walking to and fro that some people see at the passenger side of the car in the CCTV may be when she becomes wary that it's not a taxi

I would guess it went like this.
Company gives footage to police.
After a while they give a copy to ITV.
ITV checks with police if it's OK to broadcast it.
Police make an edited version and give ITV the go-ahead to show that.
I think that's how it probably went too. And if there's more on the Electrical company's cctv than has been made public (which surely there is), the Electrical company must be under strict instructions to keep it to themselves, ditto ITV news.

I do wonder if the police have CCTV of him going in and out of the park in the days before his arrest. I don’t believe he has told the police anything other than he picked her up and took her home (which obviously I don’t believe as no one does) he has pleaded not guilty to the charges already so he isn’t saying anything happened with her I’d imagine JMO.

I think that's how it probably went too. And if there's more on the Electrical company's cctv than has been made public (which surely there is), the Electrical company must be under strict instructions to keep it to themselves, ditto ITV news.

I always notice that a light on the “spidercam” shot slowly dims and goes out, then the other car drives past P down Howarth. I wonder did someone actually leave the electrical company after turning off the light, and maybe that bits edited? But then I guess it would be weird for an electrical company to be open so late

I can not remember the exact wording but his mother said that family sources had told her he had been working as a taxi driver to earn extra money.[/QUOTE]

According to Daily Mail it was quoted as follows
Asked whether her son had a second job as an unlicensed taxi driver, Mrs Relowicz said: ‘It’s so far away that I don’t ask. Maybe he did something – everybody does what they can.’

Attachments

• CD2833A3-F85C-416F-9B56-177FF07CABA4.png
    CD2833A3-F85C-416F-9B56-177FF07CABA4.png
    308.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
So they are looking for custom by advertising, rather than hanging around in dead-end residential streets.

Although I'm not at all set on him ever doing taxi driving at all I'd have to agree to disagree on that description...he was parked as close to a main rd as you could get without actually being on it ,bus stops and pubs near by .. too risky being on main road itself ...but i do not know enough about local travel to know for sure

There is a huge rise in using Urber taxi services.
The youngsters of today do most things via the internet.
He could offer cheap rates for students.
It could be a friend used his car as a taxi when PR was at work hence the comments some one else was seen using his car.

It could be a friend used his car as a taxi when PR was at work hence the comments some one else was seen using his car.

That's true ..possible shared car for "working" if ever someone else did use his car ...though again nothing more than thinking out loud

According to Daily Mail it was quoted as follows
Asked whether her son had a second job as an unlicensed taxi driver, Mrs Relowicz said: ‘It’s so far away that I don’t ask. Maybe he did something – everybody does what they can.’

That is definitely not confirmation he worked as a taxi driver. If he did, his mum clearly didn't know about it.

...the only reason I can see anyone needing to be down there who doesn't live down there and at that time of night is because it is more secluded for something dodgy than on the main road.

I would agree with you, but have been told by locals that I'm wrong and that people would park there to go across the road to the local takeaways and so forth. It looks like a faff to turn around in that dead end, too...but others tell me it's not really an issue, ditto the double-yellow lines.

A poster here also said (a local student, I think) that an illegal taxi driver wouldn't park there hoping for business (for various reasons I don't remember, but it sounded like there wouldn't be much demand). I can well imagine there'd be no business for a cab driver round there. Students would be walking in groups home from the pub and they seem to live around that area anyway.

The way PR has decided to park smacks to me of someone wanting to watch and/or listen to activity on the corner and be ready for a quick getaway.

We don't have Uber in Hull, but we do similar local service called Ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3