Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up on this thread after few days away .
I'm sure LE just slotting last pieces of jigsaw together on this case . Hopefully charges announced soon .
Slightly of topic - I attended a talk , and Q and A with professor David Wilson ( criminal psychologist) on sat . Going through all these forums , with tons of info , you start to wonder how any murders / dissapearances get solved . After listening to DW it clicks with you about all these professionals working away in the background with astounding knowledge and dedication .

Not sure but I found out a little while ago that WS already has a thread. Ive been reading back through it to try to catch up on that case. Below is the WS link to it.

Found Deceased - SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

Yeh I'm about halfway through, found it a couple of days back (it's the thread that is linked on the websleuths banner at the moment at the top of the page).

Taxi driver regulations are quite strict in the town I live in now (didn't used to be) they have to pay quite a lot of money and jump through a lot of hoops to get a licence so you would hope the taxi drivers are safe but I have heard of fake taxis, enforcement agents go out at night in our town to try and catch them.

I still have some doubts as to whether exact cause of death can be determined...they have not said, correct? Do they know if she was already deceased when she went into the water?
Do the police normally tell us the cause of death before the trial?

This is the first of this sort of thing I've been on. Isn't it normal to get all the results in before charging?

Given what we've heard so far about PR I'm guessing there is a lot of possibly relevant stuff to go through. The more they can pull up on him the less chance he has of torturing Libby's family with some horrible defence.

Until the police discount the 4 witnesses at Croda I won't be sure that PR acted alone.

CPS have allowed the police to say homicide so I'm guessing the poor girl didn't drown

Can I just check I'm right on this. The 12th Jan incident was PR masturbating in Libby's street. After finding the lipgloss and hammer they ruled it out of that investigation but said it was part of another. Strange in itself.

They then started checking for forensics on a particular door in Libby's street. Which could be coincidence. Am I correct on that timeline and location?

Now I'm going to sound really naive about police attendence. Like most women at some point I've seen flashers doing a PR. Like most women it's scared me so I've pretended haven't seen it and got away as quickly as possible. Certainly didn't hang round to watch it to its conclusion.

So what I'm naively asking is wouldn't PR have to be close to and aiming for that door to yield much in the way of fornsics? Even Just fingerprints. Or maybe tissues.

would the police have checked that at the time?

Hundreds of students join hunt for missing woman, 21, last seen leaving a taxi after night out | Daily Mail Online

Whilst not knowing the answers to your questions about PR's alleged masturbation in Wellesley on 19/1/19 (not the 12th) I have pieced together the backup information re the doorstep forensics. The relevant photo of the forensics appeared in Daily Mail Online 4/2/19 which said the work was ongoing late on Sunday 3/2/19. Using the photo and Google Streetmaps (7/2017), it is clear that the doorstep belongs to number 15. It seems probable that LE had PR's DNA from this site before his arrest.

Hundreds of students join hunt for missing woman, 21, last seen leaving a taxi after night out | Daily Mail Online

Whilst not knowing the answers to your questions about PR's alleged masturbation in Wellesley on 19/1/19 (not the 12th) I have pieced together the backup information re the doorstep forensics. The relevant photo of the forensics appeared in Daily Mail Online 4/2/19 which said the work was ongoing late on Sunday 3/2/19. Using the photo and Google Streetmaps (7/2017), it is clear that the doorstep belongs to number 15. It seems probable that LE had PR's DNA from this site before his arrest.
Libby's house was 32 wasn't it.

Assuming no 15 is the house that was the scene of the incident on the 19th then it's interesting that had a glass door and glass porch! All the better for masturbating in public to a target audience rather than waiting around in the cold in the hope some young women will appear.

Does make it more likely that the witnesses would call the police if he was outside the door as well. And more likely the police would attend.

But again that would suggest a knowledge of the tenants.

I stumbled across a website last night advertising property for rent/ shared rooms for rent in Hull. Some of the adverts were as detailed as along the lines of “we are 4 second year students, 3 girls studying sociology and 1 boy studying law.” One even mentioned particular lecture times/ travel times to uni. Struck me how easy it would actually be to work out which properties housed females, when they are likely to be empty etc. I think the letting agency link is a good theory, and on the flip side, what if he was actually gaining access to properties by viewing them as a prospective tennant? (quite a few Polish posters on the site).

Last edited by a moderator:
Libby Squire memorial fund launched by University of Hull

The University of Hull has set up a memorial fund in tribute to Libby Squire, with hopes the money will benefit current and future students.

More than £1,100 has already been donated to the Libby Squire memorial fund, which has been created by the university’s alumni office.
Thanks for sharing. The amount to be raised was £1000 but it's already been surpassed. It warms my heart to know so many people care about creating a legacy in Libby's name. I've donated and I hope the money raised will help support Libby's family, friends and fellow students and staff at Hull Uni and anyone else affected by her story.

I stumbled across a website last night advertising property for rent/ shared rooms for rent in Hull. Some of the adverts were as detailed as along the lines of “we are 4 second year students, 3 girls studying sociology and 1 boy studying law.” One even mentioned particular lecture times/ travel times to uni. Struck me how easy it would actually be to work out which properties housed females, when they are likely to be empty etc. I think the letting agency link is a good theory, and on the flip side, what if he was actually gaining access to properties by viewing them as a prosepctive tennant? (quite a few Polish posters on the site).
This is a very poignant point, not only for inside knowledge for a predator such as PR. But also for women to be aware of safety concerns when advertising on public forums. It would be a good idea if the local universities had internal advertising boards (which they did at mine) but particularly a webpage that only students logged into the portal could access to view rooms/ property to rent for students.

Because even if such knowledge was not abused on this occasion, it very well could be in the future no doubt. In the meantime it’s a reminder to ask friends, family ect to be careful what they put in such posts on the public domain.

This is a very poignant point, not only for inside knowledge for a predator such as PR. But also for women to be aware of safety concerns when advertising on public forums. It would be a good idea if the local universities had internal advertising boards (which they did at mine) but particularly a webpage that only students logged into the portal could access to view rooms/ property to rent for students.

Because even if such knowledge was not abused on this occasion, it very well could be in the future no doubt. In the meantime it’s a reminder to ask friends, family ect to be careful what they put in such posts on the public domain.
In my day day it was internal notice boards in our uni. Today lot of them go through the letting agencies that cater to students like unicom and simply students in Hull. I had a quick look at both and saw addresses in all the streets were PR has a charge - apart from Ella street. There's a Unicom office on Newlands almost opposite his office and loads of other agencies in that area.

All maintenance jobs are reported to the letting agencies. He only needs one mate to let him know who lives where and where he can get in.

I stumbled across a website last night advertising property for rent/ shared rooms for rent in Hull. Some of the adverts were as detailed as along the lines of “we are 4 second year students, 3 girls studying sociology and 1 boy studying law.” One even mentioned particular lecture times/ travel times to uni. Struck me how easy it would actually be to work out which properties housed females, when they are likely to be empty etc. I think the letting agency link is a good theory, and on the flip side, what if he was actually gaining access to properties by viewing them as a prospective tennant? (quite a few Polish posters on the site).
Level of detail in those adverts is extremely worrying. I'm not sure he'd risk going as a potential tenant, particularly to a student let - he'd be too memorable, but he'd get a lot of info from adverts like that.

I think he must watch as well. The Ventnor burglary was a weekend (dated between 25th and 28th Jan). If things like stolen laptops weren't noticed between those dates I'd guess all the tenants were away. Or not every tenant was burgled and stuff was taken from specific rooms. Either way that's alarminh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member