UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my personal musings, but I wonder if these statements from the defendant about Libby being on drugs, could be projection. Could he have been on drugs??
It could fit with his hyper aroused state and impulsivity.

Plus he got the moon thing wrong (allegedly!). I don't think we can trust any ear witness 100%, you could pick faults with any of their testimonies. Is this the two students who had their windows open? I know that was mentioned before as I remember thinking 'who are these people with their windows open in the middle of a snowy January night?' ;) Maybe that made the screams clearer to them. The students are also more likely to have been awake at the times of the screams, and not recently roused from sleep like Mr Alford.

Also cannot really discount the accounts of two people because they are students, when it was two students who were astute enough to notice the used condom.

Thick snow here and I sleep with a top window open every night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's deliberate. I haven't noticed, but I'm guessing the prosecution refer to her as 'Libby'. I think the defence don't want the jury thinking of Libby as anything other than an anonymous character named 'Squire', whereas the prosecution of course want the jury picturing a young, harmless, vulnerable girl, not much more than a child, with a name, and a family and everything.
Horrible tactic.

Let's hope it backfires then because she was a vulnerable young harmless girl with a whole future and that needs to remain forefront of the jury's mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member