UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant do can they can only go by exactly what they have been told in court

They certainly can't research anything to do with the case, I would imagine that would be related topics too even if they're not directly connected to the case eg. If you research voyerism you might get a biased article, or personal experiences, which may guide your opinion.

Tide hasn't been brought up in the trial at all that we know of, so they shouldn't be considering that. They can only discuss and deliberate the actual evidence they've been presented with.

Voyeurism has been discussed in specific detail in court, so they should be quite clear on that, BUT if they're not, they can discuss this with their fellow jurors

Last edited:
They certainly can't research anything to do with the case, I would imagine that would be related topics too even if they're not directly connected to the case eg. If you research voyerism you might get a biased article, or personal experiences, which may guide your opinion.

Tide hasn't been brought up in the trial at all that we know of, so they shouldn't be considering that. They can only discuss and deliberate the actual evidence they've been presented with.

Vooyeurism has been discussed in specific detail in court, so they should be quite clear on that, BUT if they're not, they can discuss this with their fellow jurors

Yes that was my thoughts too ...as a "lay person "

Perhaps he had been taking English lessons in prison and speaking with other prisoners and guards. His English could have really improved after over a year in prison.
I don't think so he has too much opportunity to talk to guards and improving his English this way ,I don't know if he is sitting with someone else in his cell ,language barrier can make you really isolated so I'm not sure if he has there any mates

Last edited:
Re the point about if he could have got back to ORPF undetected by CCTV on foot.

It is feasible but I highly doubt this. There are numerous routes he could have taken from his house to the various entry points of OR but there is no way of doing it without passing through points that are covered by CCTV. He would have had to cross either Beverley Road or Clough Road at some point to get there and both of these areas are covered as well as many other streets inbetween. If no one is looking for you, you might get away with it but I suspect the police will have covered all of it with a fine tooth comb checking to see if he went there on foot and would have probably sighted him.

I personally wouldn't take part of this trial if I would be Libby mum it would be too much for me
Can you explain me if every case in uk is open to public(I mean if media always are invited and reporting all details(unpleasant, disturbing and often offensive about victim )

As far as I know only the Family Court (child custody etc) have automatically closed hearings. In other courts, trials - or parts of them - can be closed by a judge if requested by a legal representative who provides a reason the judge accepts as valid, imo. This trial has disturbing evidence but does not seem to me to be reported more than other such murder trials.

I’m not sure I could sit through it either, it is so brave. I’ve heard parents say their child cannot be there to obtain justice so the parents feel it is one of the final things they can do for their child.

I personally wouldn't take part of this trial if I would be Libby mum it would be too much for me
Can you explain me if every case in uk is open to public(I mean if media always are invited and reporting all details(unpleasant, disturbing and often offensive about victim )

Trials are public and the press do atttend. Members of the public can also attend if there is space in the public galleries. I have not read anything offensive written about Libby. The facts given about Libby are heartbreaking,so many people willing to help her and then she is taken by a sexually deviant predator.
It must be agony for her parents to hear about her being raped.
They are there to do the last thing they can do for her..to see her attacker face justice .

Re the point about if he could have got back to ORPF undetected by CCTV on foot.

It is feasible but I highly doubt this. There are numerous routes he could have taken from his house to the various entry points of OR but there is no way of doing it without passing through points that are covered by CCTV. He would have had to cross either Beverley Road or Clough Road at some point to get there and both of these areas are covered as well as many other streets inbetween. If no one is looking for you, you might get away with it but I suspect the police will have covered all of it with a fine tooth comb checking to see if he went there on foot and would have probably sighted him.
Could he have got past Raglan road without being picked up. Via the back rather than out into Newlands?

Once out of there on foot it would be difficult to spot an individual from a distance. His car and initial movements were tracked by knowing what is was and by looking from known locations. But every little back street from Raglan to the park would be harder.

But I agree they have combed everything's even Croda CCTV

He still would have eventually have had to come out onto Cott Road or Newland. Then would have had to have crossed Bev or Clough Road. I reckon they would have tracked everyone on foot in those areas. It's not really a busy place at that time in the morning so it would probably be relatively easy.

And we know they did check, because of the appeal for the four witnesses seen near Croda.

Evenwould be totally insufficient and inappropriate and that's just for the horrendous crimes he admitted already and has been convicted of.

I suspect he has gone against his counsel's advice because he is arrogant enough to think he can lie his way out of it MOO

He has an interpreter. He has had every opportunity to use them. Nobody to blame but himself if that was wrong move.
do I blame anybody?
I'm just saying it is bad move because he could be wrongly understood by jury (his explanations could be wrongly interpreted when he use inappropriate words)
yes "stupid, thoughtless or foolish " are also inappropriate but it is what he knows and that's what he used because his vocabulary is poor .
he didn't thought about it ,in my opinion it means he is not that brainy like you try portrait him, he is simple man not sophisticated murder who planned murder and studied river tides

Hopefully Mr Wright will go into more detail tomorrow regarding his return visit to ORPF.

This croda cctv still bugs me. If the police have checked all the cctv and people say there is plenty dotted around. Why haven't these people been identified ( to our knowlege).

There are over 250,000 people living in Hull and not all of them are outstanding citizens. You can't identify everyone out on foot (or bike) and not all people will be willing to put their hand up and say 'that was me'.

My point was more that the police knew who they were looking for and where they were expecting him to go, so if he was out and about on foot, they would have likely spotted him on the CCTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member