UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The prosecution stated 350 meters..which if you measure walking rather than as the crow flies fits

I agree and of course there is the possibility my friend who mentioned 'about 1 min' to the river is incorrect, she was only giving her opinion. I doubt she has been and actually walked it and timed it. But I do still think the distance covered, rape (possibly killed during the act) and body disposal is all do able within the time frame. I don't imagine either of them was walking at an average speed, if she was walking at all (maybe she was carried) and he for sure was pumped with adrenaline and possibly panicked at some point during that short time. He could of carried out the rape and murder in under 2 mins easily, that leaves 5 and half minutes for everything else. JMO.

We've been told that CCTV picked them both up arriving at Oak Road playing fields, and just PR leaving. Do we know yet if the CCTV actually shows them getting out of the car, or were they just visible as two people inside the car when passing the camera, and then parked up somewhere out of the camera's field of vision? Due to PR's first visit, he might have known exactly where to park to avoid being seen.

Apologies if this has already been asked/answered.

I can’t link at the moment, but it’s in the DM if anyone wants to.
Apparently today there was only one juror who couldn’t get to the court. Efforts were made to get a car out to her to bring her in, but the car couldn’t get into the roads surrounding her house.

Just been having a look through the first few days of trial again. Having not followed a UK trial as closely as this one for a while, can I ask if it is the norm to read statements from loved ones out in front of the jury before any evidence has been produced or witnesses have been called? I've only ever seen such statements read out just prior to sentencing, or statements from the families outside court once a verdict has been reached.

Just been having a look through the first few days of trial again. Having not followed a UK trial as closely as this one for a while, can I ask if it is the norm to read statements from loved ones out in front of the jury before any evidence has been produced or witnesses have been called? I've only ever seen such statements read out just prior to sentencing, or statements from the families outside court once a verdict has been reached.

Good question i thought that odd at the time too

I think some of the information in those statements is directly relevant to the circumstances of Libby's fate, such as her fear of the water and of the dark. I'm assuming it's so that Libby's loved ones don't need to appear as witnesses to get these points on the record.

354.9 metres from oak road to the river. Over 700 metres there and back - presuming this refers to the most direct route. Is there a pathway? 354.9 metres guiding, dragging, fighting, carrying...... in the dark, in the snow, if a footpath may have been icy too - I know they will spend more time analysing this time frame and it become clearer but it really is very puzzling.

Another thought: I don’t think we can take anything he says for truth, especially where the rape took place.
Do you think maybe the rape took place elsewhere (in the car, endsleigh centre?) and he took her to oak rd to kill and dump the body only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dany998