UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time reader and my first post. Hi all.

The absence of a condom I think would be because he couldn't hold her down and get one on.

RSBM

Welcome! Excellent first post!

Especially the part above - This will also be another reason why he will have wanted to make sure Libby's body went in the water, rather than just left where she was or hurriedly hidden in bushes etc

I'm waiting impatiently for the details on his drone flying over the park to be heard in court!

This makes a lot of sense i think the defence will try and use it to show willingness to get in a car with him

Luckily I think him sitting waiting for the other car to go will counteract this

I imagine he was promising her a lift home during the time he was with her so she was confused when he walked off

I too think this is highly possible. I think for some reason he gained her confidence in him and told her he was a taxi driver and would go and get his car and give her a lift home.

I'm really interested to know how long they were in the grounds of the Endsleigh centre ...I can only find it quoted as being in there for "some time"

Has anyone seen a time frame quoted ?

I'm wondering why an exact time was not stated by prosecution? Unless I've missed it

I don't think he used a condom because he didn't need to. He clearly isn't worried about his DNA being found at the crime of his scenes - the condom during previous offences appears to just to be able to leave something behind, part of the thrill for him, not to contain his DNA in any way.

I'm really interested to know how long they were in the grounds of the Endsleigh centre ...I can only find it quoted as being in there for "some time"

I'm wondering why an exact time was not stated by prosecution? Unless I've missed it
I wonder if this is because the time spent there doesn't form part of either the defence or prosecutions main arguments. Usually, the opening statements give a flavour of the main arguments to come and it seems, so far, Endsleigh is only referred to when piecing together the time lines and showing a predatory stalking approach. The opening statement suggests that his story is that something happened at Oak North which suggests there are no arguments that anything happened at Endsleigh.

Piecing together time from what we do know from cctv might narrow down the time frame that they were there.

From cctv

11.57pm
Libby is seen walking up Beverley Road towards the Endsleigh centre

PR is then seen crossing from the other side of Beverley Road to catch up with her at the Endsleigh centre and they go into the grounds.

11.58pm
would be best estimate for that timing

They are captured on cctv leaving the Endsleigh centre , no time given.

12.03am.
PR seen at his car on Haworth Street

So maximum time inside Endsleigh has to be 3- 4 minutes

I wonder if this is because the time spent there doesn't form part of either the defence or prosecutions main arguments. Usually, the opening statements give a flavour of the main arguments to come and it seems, so far, Endsleigh is only referred to when piecing together the time lines and showing a predatory stalking approach. The opening statement suggests that his story is that something happened at Oak North which suggests there are no arguments that anything happened at Endsleigh.

Piecing together time from what we do know from cctv might narrow down the time frame that they were there.

I am surprised more was not said about Endsliegh as he deliberately took her from the main road to somewhere more secluded.
I would have thought the prosecution would have suggested the possibility of him taking her there to attack her,but then deciding it was too risky.

From cctv

11.57pm

PR is then seen crossing from the other side of Beverley Road to catch up with her at the Endsleigh centre and they go into the grounds.

11.58pm

12.03am.

Great thanks !!!

I am surprised more was not said about Endsliegh as he deliberately took her from the main road to somewhere more secluded.
I would have thought the prosecution would have suggested the possibility of him taking her there to attack her,but then deciding it was too risky.
I think what happened there or what was said by him there especially, is key to why she got in the car, whether by choice or not. I think the evidence we will hear next week will show that the attack happened at Oak North and this might be why they have skimmed over this period of time. I wonder if the time spent there might be used by the defence to try and paint a different picture and show a different set of events so we might still hear more about this time frame yet.

I think what happened there or what was said by him there especially, is key to why she got in the car, whether by choice or not. I think the evidence we will hear next week will show that the attack happened at Oak North and this might be why they have skimmed over this period of time. I wonder if the time spent there might be used by the defence to try and paint a different picture and show a different set of events so we might still hear more about this time frame yet.

Yes I think the defence will try and make something of this ..we will likely only have PRs word on what happened in there ..the defence may point out that whatever happened did not put her off "asking him not to leave her"

Be patient the trial hasn't started yet! :D

Likely the CCTV forensic will cover this in testimony

“A drone with footage showing Oak Road Playing Fields was found and it was confirmed that, as he had told police in interview, that he had flown his drone over them a couple of days before”
So PR recorded while using the drone. You cannot record audio with a drone but I wonder if he used his phone as a recording devise to record LE’s conversation. He could have attached it to the drone. I easily researched this so I am sure he could have. I guess LE did not see the drone or there was more than one because other folks would have been interested in seeing what was going on? What is LE protocol when they see drones flying above crime scenes or searches in progress? We have seen and heard how the suspect will try to interject themselves in the investigation by searching, offering to help, going to press conferences but using a drone keeps them involved but out of eyesight. MOO

From cctv

11.57pm

11.58pm

12.03am.

Didn't the manager of Sainsburys on Beverley road say he saw her at Midnight?.That must have been back at the bench as you could see her bench from there but I doubt you'd see the Endsleigh Centre. If his timing is right then closer to 3 minutes perhaps?

We now know the bit of spidercam made public was after he had walked past her by her bench, crossed to the corner where Beverley road meets Beresford Road then stalked her on the other side of Beverley Road to the Endsleigh centre and brought her back to the bench?

Heartbreaking because she'd actually started to go home and was half way to the end of her own street. So close.

I seem to remember that tools were recovered from that very corner and the police saying they were linked to a different crime?

If she was that close to home what on Earth made her return to be bench after encountering him. It would have been quicker to walk from there than go back for a anything. Only thing I can think of were her lost keys. Maybe an offer to take her home and sit in a warm car till her friends got home. Or a 'safe car' because there's no way she won't have heard about his wanking incident in her street - and he'd certainly have known

I can't watch the footage of him returning to the car with Libby but people have said he appears to throw something in the back - like a bag. He didn't have anything with him before that nor did she

I am not going to speculate too much about the timeline at this stage when we are waiting for the detailed witness evidence.

Based on the opening statements, the prosecution has done a great job of building a circumstantial web of evidence against him, and he blundered into the noob mistake of lying in his police statements

I'll be very interested to see if they can mount any kind of credible defence. Something that makes no sense to me, on such a cold night, is why they would have got out of the car if the sexual encounter was consensual. I think that will be a big problem for the defence case.

“A drone with footage showing Oak Road Playing Fields was found and it was confirmed that, as he had told police in interview, that he had flown his drone over them a couple of days before”
So PR recorded while using the drone. You cannot record audio with a drone but I wonder if he used his phone as a recording devise to record LE’s conversation. He could have attached it to the drone. I easily researched this so I am sure he could have. I guess LE did not see the drone or there was more than one because other folks would have been interested in seeing what was going on? What is LE protocol when they see drones flying above crime scenes or searches in progress? We have seen and heard how the suspect will try to interject themselves in the investigation by searching, offering to help, going to press conferences but using a drone keeps them involved but out of eyesight. MOO
What does "them" mean?
I am not sure if this means that he flew the drone over the police. It may just mean he flew it over Oak Road Playing Fields.

I am not going to speculate too much about the timeline at this stage when we are waiting for the detailed witness evidence.

Based on the opening statements, the prosecution has done a great job of building a circumstantial web of evidence against him, and he blundered into the noob mistake of lying in his police statements

I'll be very interested to see if they can mount any kind of credible defence. Something that makes no sense to me, on such a cold night, is why they would have got out of the car if the sexual encounter was consensual. I think that will be a big problem for the defence case.
Indeed on a freezing cold night.

They say there is a grain of truth in every lie and in this one I think it is her crying and saying she wants to go home to her mum. It's something that's cropped up in his police interview and cropped up in the weird press interviews his relatives gave way back and now it's backed up by other witnesses. I really don't think that'll help him either - somebody not just intoxicated but extremely distressed and upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123