Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is excellent thank you. Visuals always really help me. Bearing in mind the activity helpfully mentioned by locals seen behind the pub towards the coppice. It seems likely she walked down the side lane there and as it looks secluded on google maps with lots of shrubbery etc I think this is where an altercation took place. Why she was walking down there does interest me too but may be totally irrelevant. JMO
The side lane that you are referring to is a fairly popular way to get to the coppice, the area that was originally searched by the police and public. The path eventually meets with peel park avenue, it has allotments on both sides then at the peel park avenue end house gardens back onto it. It's very overgrown at the pub end, lots of small disused seminderelict looking outbuildings too. I live very close, local knowledge. I myself have never really liked this section of the path secluded and feels spooky somehow. JMO

This reminds me a little of the Paige Doherty case. Walking along a busy road, enters somewhere seemingly normal and doesn’t come out again... It is hard to think of motivation for this. Doesn’t seem premeditated at all and took place in the day in quite a busy area.

This reminds me a little of the Paige Doherty case. Walking along a busy road, enters somewhere seemingly normal and doesn’t come out again... It is hard to think of motivation for this. Doesn’t seem premeditated at all and took place in the day in quite a busy area.
I think it's possible she could have disturbed him during some illicit deed, challenged or photographed him, and he took exception, hence the missing phone. JMO

I thought the picture with the railings comes a few houses before the house with the circle of flowers in the lawn. She seems to be walking downhill with the road on her right and houses on left (towards the pub).
Yes, the picture with the railings was taken just one house before. The house is opposite the bus stop and before the main cemetery entrance. I'm not aware of any CCTV photo taken at the last house before the pub, where the garden was searched.

I think it's possible she could have disturbed him during some illicit deed, challenged or photographed him, and he took exception, hence the missing phone. JMO
Well that would make a connection to his scrap metal background.....maybe he has “collected” some copper from the refurb without consent , Lindsay has seen this and confronted him and the situation has escalated and as you have said the reason for the missing phone JMO

Could well be but I seem to remember from early info released that she was expecting her daughter for tea at 6pm. Whether this is true would need to be substantiated with a link. So it would seem strange timing to nip out for a wander, altho it was just under 2 hours so maybe so.

The other thing I find odd. I'm south UK and it does surprise me how much our weather varies but I haven't worn a jacket in months. If you were popping to the shop or to see a friend at their home in August would you wear a puffa kind of jacket?

If however you were going into shady wooded areas you might know you'd feel a chill.

Any locals help me out with August weather up there?

All MOO.

(I dont normally go overboard with the MOOs but I think it will help this thread tick along if we do)
It’s not been particularly warm up here this summer & we’ve had frequent showers too. Not unusual for people to wear jackets & coats.

Yes, the picture with the railings was taken just one house before. The house is opposite the bus stop and before the main cemetery entrance. I'm not aware of any CCTV photo taken at the last house before the pub, where the garden was searched.
I think this is the front garden of the bungalow that sits next to the one that was searched with the topiary in its front garden

Attachments

• 0F8F1AA0-A70A-4049-9D14-23B45990138C.jpeg
    0F8F1AA0-A70A-4049-9D14-23B45990138C.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 55
If she was indeed caught at or around the pub that means the CCTV was taken so so close. That's scary.

In terms of meeting, I'm still leaning towards opportunistic and random. Unless she was a secret drug taker I just can't see why she'd be meeting a young teen. of course that's jmo and stranger things have happened!

I do think the facts of the case suggest opportunistic and.. not inexperience because who has experience in murdering people? But someone who isn't the brightest. Murdering someone in such a small area and dumping the body in the same small area, lends itself to the idea the suspect didn't have access to a vehicle. The body in my opinion was moved very recently before time of discovery, which suggests it wasn't planned or thought out well, probably a panic action. Also who lugs a body miles in a bin?

With the CCTV, I get the impression it's not necessarily out of the norm. I don't think she was in it at that time, potentially CCTV catching him stealing a bin and wheeling it to the pub?

Maybe the suspect thought it was a short walk and didn’t think there would be a cctv camera on one of the houses he would pass. Probably panicking a bit too.

At the bottom of Peel Park Ave there is a postbox, my thinking is, bearing in mind she was meeting her daughter at 6, she just simply nipped out to post a letter and decided to walk up the Ave and follow the path around that would bring you out at the back of Whittaker’s Arms.

She often walked up Peel park ave onto the Coppice for a walk.

I think the altercation took place there, he’s been at the back of the pub, with it being empty, she’s disturbed him.

I would however like to know when that bin appeared in the cemetery....was it there when they searched it or did it just appear after the search?

And for your information, the weather here hasn’t been brilliant, hence the need for coats/jackets, but on the day the body was found it was quite a hot hot day

This is all MOO

Totally scary to think that when we first saw this image in the beginning that we /LE didn’t know exactly where she went but we’re sure not further than the garage because she wasn’t on their cctv and totally sad to think now that it actually was probably not more further than a couple much steps if we are anywhere near with what we’ve been discussing this morning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member