UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Logan's dad hysterical when he heard the news
Prosecutor Carolien Rees QC reads out a statement from Logan’s father Benjamin Mwangi.

Speaking about the day of his son’s death, Mr Mwangi said: “I was in work in Essex when sometime between 2pm and 2.30pm officers came to see me at work. Just prior to this I received a phone call from my brother but I could not make much sense from him, he was quite erratic. All I remember was him telling me the police were there and he would call back.

“I said to my colleague something must be seriously wrong. My father had been unwell so I thought it was something wrong with my father.

“When police arrived I went in the back office with them and asked if something had happened to my father. When they said it wasn’t father, my thoughts instantly turned to Logan.

“I said ‘Please tell me this isn’t anything to do with Logan’ and then they told me Logan had passed away.

“I was hysterical and fell to the floor. I left work without telling anyone what had happened and police took me home. My mother Pauline Mwangi and brother Zack Mwangi were at my home.”

Mr Mwangi said he was given contact details for an officer at South Wales Police but did not call as he was “unable to process information”.

The next day, Mr Mwangi said he felt “numb” and couldn’t comprehend what had happened.

He was later contacted by an officer and told three people had been arrested on suspicion of Logan’s murder but the information “did not seem real”.

Boy, 5, had 'dark circles around his eyes', teacher tells murder trial

Logan was the 'cutest boy - dad says
Mr Mwangi said he was living in Brentwood, Essex, when he met Angharad Williamson through mutual friends in 2009 to 2010, when she was working as a manager of Carphone Warehouse in Stratford, London.

He next saw her in 2014 and they began a relationship which lasted two-and-a-half years.

Mr Mwangi said Williamson suffered an ectopic pregnancy but later that year she became pregnant with Logan, but during the pregnancy she suffered seizures.

He said: “On March 15, 2016, Logan was born in the Princess of Wales Hospital in Bridgend. Angharad had been staying in Wales with Claire (Williamson) and I was visiting.

“I was present when Logan was born and it was the happiest time of my life. I stayed with Claire for a few weeks but I would clash quite a lot with Claire and did not think it was good for anyone, especially Logan so I moved back to Brentwood with my mum and my first priority was to get work to support Angharad and Logan and I was able to financially support them.

“During that period I was in regular contact with Angharad who would call me and send me pictures of Logan. He was the cutest little boy…. We were back and forth visiting each other and after a few months Logan and Angharad moved to live with me at my mum’s address. It was ok at first but our relationship deteriorated and we started arguing.

“In August 2016, she told me Claire was unwell so she moved back to Bridgend and continued to live in Wales.”

Contact ceased - then suddenly started again
Mr Mwangi said contact with Logan was quite regular at first but after Williamson married Jordan Hunt contact ceased.

Three-years later, Mr Mwangi was in a pub in Essex when Williamson walked in and approached him out of the blue.

He said: “She said she had been looking for me and wanted to see me to start contact again with Logan. Angharad had a shaved head with hearing aids in.

“I had regular contact again with Logan through video calling and I met up with them in Sarn. He said ‘Hello Daddy’ and threw his arms around me. I picked him up from school and we went to the park and had ice cream. Everything was going so well and we arranged to meet again.

“In 2019 he came up to Brentwood and met my dad and cousins. He loved Thomas the Tank and Paw Patrol and we would watch those together. When they were leaving, Angharad told me not to get too emotional not to upset Logan. This was the last time I saw Logan.”

Dad's torment after contact lost
Mr Mwangi said the next day Williamson contacted her and told him they wouldn’t be able to speak to each other as her new partner John Cole “did not think it was normal” for them to still speak to each other.

From then on, Mr Mwangi said he would speak to Logan over video call when he was staying with his grandmother Claire Williamson on weekends.

He said: “January 2020, was the last time I spoke to Logan… Claire later told me she had no longer had contact with Logan as Angharad stopped her from seeing him.

“I didn’t have contact details for Angharad so I have not spoken to or seen Logan since. I did not know where he was, or how he was getting on in school and that has tormented me.

“I had no concerns for him. He seemed highly content and seemed to be ok. His learning was coming on and he was an intelligent little boy.”

Police officer recalls Logan's broken arm
The next witness to be called is detective constable Ian Pring.

The court heard the officer attended the Princess of Wales Hospital on August 16, 2020, after concerns were raised about a child named Logan who had sustained a broken arm.

DC Pring took an account from the boy’s mother Angharad Williamson, who claimed he had fallen downstairs and dislocated his shoulder.

He took down a statement from Williamson which can be read below:

It said: “I am the mother of Logan Williamson. I am currently in a relationship with John Cole. He resides at 20 Maesglas near Sarn. We live five minutes from each other and regularly stay at each other’s houses.

“On August 15 I was staying at John Cole’s house with Logan, four… At around 5pm I was in the kitchen, except Logan who was upstairs in one of the bedrooms. There was a camera in his bedroom so I can watch him from the kitchen….

“Dinner was ready so I called Logan through the monitor to come down as food was ready. He acknowledged my request and I heard a slight thud when he jumped off the mattress and ran across the landing.

“This took two to three seconds and next thing I heard was a series of very loud thuds. I thought he had fallen and ran to help. I immediately saw Logan in a heap at the bottom of the first flight of stairs. He was screaming and appeared to be in a lot of pain.

“His left arm was all floppy and he had an arm injury, it looked like a dislocated shoulder which was hanging low on his left side. I had suffered previous shoulder dislocations and my partner had put them back in place.

“I decided I could pop Logan’s arm back in place. I took a firm hold of Logan’s arm, pulled it straight and twisted it back. I put it back in place and heard a click. Logan was in pain when it clicked back in place but it felt better and he stopped crying.”

So... she suffers frequent dislocated shoulders that her partner puts back in place ? How do these shoulders become dislocated ? If her partner is the expert at putting shoulders back in place, why didn't he do the job for Logan ? All complete nonsense from a very juvenile mind.

Dad's torment after contact lost
Mr Mwangi said the next day Williamson contacted her and told him they wouldn’t be able to speak to each other as her new partner John Cole “did not think it was normal” for them to still speak to each other.

From then on, Mr Mwangi said he would speak to Logan over video call when he was staying with his grandmother Claire Williamson on weekends.

He said: “January 2020, was the last time I spoke to Logan… Claire later told me she had no longer had contact with Logan as Angharad stopped her from seeing him.

“I didn’t have contact details for Angharad so I have not spoken to or seen Logan since. I did not know where he was, or how he was getting on in school and that has tormented me.

“I had no concerns for him. He seemed highly content and seemed to be ok. His learning was coming on and he was an intelligent little boy.”

I have a question re: bio father contacts with Logan.

Hasn't he a right to visits as a bio dad?
Taking his son for weekends?

How is it possible that a new partner of mother dictates if a bio father can or cannot see his son?

How is it possible that a new partner of mother dictates if a bio father can or cannot see his son?

He would have had rights. Sadly one's rights are only as real as they can be enforced. I imagine that if the bio father was a hard working person on a low to average wage, engaging a solicitor would have been financially prohibitive, plus the time and effort. Also when dealing with an unstable woman who has a habit of getting involved with controlling violent men, it could be the case that a bio father may stay clear...

I wonder if he was making any child support payments or any form of financial contributions. Not saying he was or wasn't and he may even have been blocked from doing.

I wonder if the bio father family members sent Logan birthday and xmas cards or had any contact ?

Yes he would have had rights or as it’s called here parental responsibility. However, not everyone is in a position to apply to court for access to their children.

Yes he would have had rights or as it’s called here parental responsibility. However, not everyone is in a position to apply to court for access to their children.

Unfortunately even after going through the courts, the judgements aren’t worth the paper they’re written on.

Without going into too much detail this is from personal experience with my partner and his child

So... she suffers frequent dislocated shoulders that her partner puts back in place ? How do these shoulders become dislocated ? If her partner is the expert at putting shoulders back in place, why didn't he do the job for Logan ? All complete nonsense from a very juvenile mind.

There are specific health conditions that result in frequent dislocations - Ehlers Danlos syndrome being the one that immediately springs to mind because myself & my children are all diagnosed with EDS.

NOT to say that there's a similar explanation for Anghareds dislocations.

I read her comments as code for having suffered domestic violence at the hands of an abuser who would rather reduce a dislocated shoulder at home than risk his victim spilling the beans at A&E - then finding herself doing the same with Logan. I could well be interpolating though. Perhaps she meant no such thing.

<modsnip - off topic>

I don't think anyone is in doubt that the youth could well be the person responsible for Logans death and that is horrendous and more should ABSOLUTELY have been done to protect Logan but, it also cannot be ignored that the youth himself has had an abusive, neglectful, damaging childhood and that maybe if he had been better protected then Logan would still be alive and the youth would have a future that didn't involve detention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member