UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<snip - off topic>

I don't think anyone is in doubt that the youth could well be the person responsible for Logans death and that is horrendous and more should ABSOLUTELY have been done to protect Logan but, it also cannot be ignored that the youth himself has had an abusive, neglectful, damaging childhood and that maybe if he had been better protected then Logan would still be alive and the youth would have a future that didn't involve detention.[/QUOTE]
Agreed that the youth had a difficult past, however, there are other children who have difficult pasts and don't abuse children, the youth should have been protected but so should Logan, the youth should not have been allowed anywhere near children.

Last edited by a moderator:
no we’re talking about the youth’s biological mum. She abused him and he was taken out of her care at some point in his past.

I meant the youth biological mum may have attacked him to thwart and attack by the youth on a younger sibling? I was trying to think of a scenario in which an adult would attack their teenager…

it may explain what appears to be AW’s attempt to cover up this youths actions… if AW is aware that the youth has a history of threats or violence to younger siblings… I believe AW also has another young child…

So so shocking how many similarities and repetitive themes this case has with the Arthur Labinjo Hughes case:

1. Isolation of child from extended family and a biological parent

Isolating the child from close family (dad and grandma in this case)
Ben Mwangi said: “January 2020, was the last time I spoke to Logan… Claire later told me she had no longer had contact with Logan as Angharad stopped her from seeing him.
I didn’t have contact details for Angharad so I have not spoken to or seen Logan since. I did not know where he was, or how he was getting on in school and that has tormented me”
Mr Mwangi said the next day Williamson contacted her and told him they wouldn’t be able to speak to each other as her new partner John Cole “did not think it was normal” for them to still speak to each other.

2. Witholding takeaway or “treat” food

both boys were denied this type of food with bad behaviour given as the reason and the food eaten in front of them to torment them

3. Cameras in the house

in Arthur’s case a camera was in the living room, in Logan’s the camera was in his bedroom

4. Biological resident parent lying to authorities to portray a false picture of what is happening at home

Tom & Angharad both did this, Tom to the school during lockdown and Angharad to police

5. bad in law & new partner relationships

Emma Tustin clashed with Tom’s mum and severed contact and it appears John Cole has clashed with AW’s mum Claire and severed contact also, to the extent that she didn’t see Logan anymore

What’s missing from this list? Will the evidence fill in the blanks for us??
It’s like these abusers and dysfunctional relationships operate to some sort of script.
Psychologically speaking I’d imagine that behaviour would be regarded as their “symptoms” or
presenting problem…

So so shocking how many similarities and repetitive themes this case has with the Arthur Labinjo Hughes case:

Ben Mwangi said: “January 2020, was the last time I spoke to Logan… Claire later told me she had no longer had contact with Logan as Angharad stopped her from seeing him.
I didn’t have contact details for Angharad so I have not spoken to or seen Logan since. I did not know where he was, or how he was getting on in school and that has tormented me”
Mr Mwangi said the next day Williamson contacted her and told him they wouldn’t be able to speak to each other as her new partner John Cole “did not think it was normal” for them to still speak to each other.

both boys were denied this type of food with bad behaviour given as the reason and the food eaten in front of them to torment them

3. Cameras in the house

in Arthur’s case a camera was in the living room, in Logan’s the camera was in his bedroom

4. Biological resident parent lying to authorities to portray a false picture of what is happening at home

Tom & Angharad both did this, Tom to the school during lockdown and Angharad to police

Emma Tustin clashed with Tom’s mum and severed contact and it appears John Cole has clashed with AW’s mum Claire and severed contact also, to the extent that she didn’t see Logan anymore

It’s like these abusers and dysfunctional relationships operate to some sort of script.
Psychologically speaking I’d imagine that behaviour would be regarded as their “symptoms” or
presenting problem…

They're behaviors.

To clarify, a presenting problem is the initial symptom for which a person seeks help from a therapist, doctor, psychiatrist, or other mental health provider.

I think we are looking at 3 abusers, maybe to differing levels but I think they were all abusive to Logan in their own way.
I totally agree. AW was actively abusive by allowing the violence and helping cover it up. Cole was encouraging his youthful offender to be violent, and I think they both enjoyed it. :mad::mad::mad:

3. Cameras in the house

presenting problem…
Abuse varies but most abusers use the same tactics and behaviours. Isolation is one of the biggest ones, it allows the abuser to perpetrate whatever they want without interference. If you remove a persons support network, they are less likely to leave you. I think the only thing you haven’t listed is verbal and physical abuse.

I totally agree. AW was actively abusive by allowing the violence and helping cover it up. Cole was encouraging his youthful offender to be violent, and I think they both enjoyed it. :mad::mad::mad:
The whole trying to pop his shoulder back in and not seeking immediate medical help is also abusive. MOO

Boy, 5, had 'dark circles around his eyes', teacher tells murder trial

Those who know me know I LOVE A STATEMENT. Straight from the horse's mouth and all that.

So, I've had a little look. To see if AW's statement in August 2020 about Logan's broken arm and dislocated shoulder appears to be truthful, or deceptive (all in my unqualified opinion, nothing factual, probably biased)

The first thing I was looking for was a definitive statement that Logan fell down the stairs. See the phone call to police (copied below) in Jan 2021 where she says it three times, no doubt after much practice with friends and family some 5 months down the road.

So, what do we have at the hospital :

I am the mother of Logan Williamson. I am currently in a relationship with John Cole. He resides at 20 Maesglas near Sarn. We live five minutes from each other and regularly stay at each other’s houses.

“On August 15 I was staying at John Cole’s house with Logan, four… At around 5pm I was in the kitchen, except Logan who was upstairs in one of the bedrooms. There was a camera in his bedroom so I can watch him from the kitchen….

“Dinner was ready so I called Logan through the monitor to come down as food was ready. He acknowledged my request and I heard a slight thud when he jumped off the mattress and ran across the landing.

“This took two to three seconds and next thing I heard was a series of very loud thuds. I thought he had fallen and ran to help. I immediately saw Logan in a heap at the bottom of the first flight of stairs. He was screaming and appeared to be in a lot of pain."

-----

"I thought he had fallen". (Note also that Logan is a verbal child, at age 4. What AW "thought" could have been verified by Logan.) "I thought he had fallen" has many problems. It omits 'down the stairs'. People don't like lying to police, in case they muck up and it doesn't sound convincing. Not only that but the "I thought" part should have been confirmed immediately and by the next day she should be sure about it. It's not relevant to tell police what AW was thinking as she stood in the kitchen, unless she's building up a story. (IMO)

So I'm immediately doubting whether she believed Logan fell down the stairs.

Next I went through the statement looking for other things that stood out:

"At around 5pm I was in the kitchen, except Logan who was upstairs in one of the bedrooms. There was a camera in his bedroom so I can watch him from the kitchen."

She's placed him upstairs, which would of course have to be true for a fall down the stairs, but the part saying "except Logan" is, I would say, nervous babble. It isn't a proper sentence.

--

Dinner was ready so I called Logan through the monitor to come down as food was ready."

It seems so important that AW has a reason for Logan coming down the stairs that she says dinner/food was ready twice. More attempts to convince, IMO, because who cares why Logan was coming down the stairs? It's not relevant but when irrelevant details are given it becomes more likely to be story building and delaying getting to the only relevant part - the injury, IMO.

--

"He acknowledged my request and I heard a slight thud when he jumped off the mattress and ran across the landing."

More irrelevant detail in that Logan "acknowledged" her request. Then BOOM "and I heard a slight thud when he jumped off the mattress and ran across the landing." AW heard a slight thud - she's just said she was watching him, so why did she switch to an auditory narrative? What does a thud in the bedroom have to do with an injury that hadn't occurred yet? I now have to wonder, with the lack of one definitive statement that Logan fell down the stairs, whether the injury occurred in the bedroom, and that is why AW goes to all the trouble of explaining that she has a monitor in the bedroom to watch him, so justifiying why it couldn't have happened in the bedroom. It reminds me of the case of 5 year old Summer Wells (USA), where her mum says she walked her the distance of 25 feet or so from the caravan to the house, just before she disappeared, as if she needed constant supervision. I think emphasising parental vigilance is a narrative often used by neglectful parents. I think Logan had his humerus broken and shoulder dislocated by the youth in the bedroom and the only excuse they could come up with was a fall down stairs, and she couldn't even bring herself to state that part because it was a lie.

--

"This took two to three seconds and next thing I heard was a series of very loud thuds. I thought he had fallen and ran to help. I immediately saw Logan in a heap at the bottom of the first flight of stairs. He was screaming and appeared to be in a lot of pain."

More irrelevant detail in the time it took Logan to exit the bedroom, seems like another build up. AW is very focused in this part on herself, what she heard, what she thought, what she saw and what she did. Then she describes Logan screams last. She would have heard him before she saw him. He is the last priority, after herself, in her statement about what happened to Logan.

--

I conclude, IMO, it's deceptive and it's all designed to make her seem like a good mother which wouldn't be needed if it was true. When my son fell in the garden and hit his head and needed an ambulance it was about 15 odd years ago but I don't remember telling them what I was doing at the time and what I heard, all that was important was telling them how the injury happened.

--

Lastly, the call to police - where the stairs narrative can't be undone after the early statement, but the youth is now being held accountable for Logan's injuries. Maybe he did beat him up and push him down the stairs but I have doubts the stairs were involved given the unnecessary explanations AW gave of watching the bedroom, and with two injuries, a broken arm and dislocated shoulder. Just my opinion. :

"A call made by Angharad Williamson to police on January 20, 2021, is played to the court.

During the call, Williamson tells the officer the youth defendant confessed to pushing Logan down the stairs.

She said: “My son broke his arm and been to the hospital. We thought he had fallen down the stairs but (the youth) pushed him, we only just found out.”

She added: “My four-year-old son Logan, he fell down the stairs. I took him to hospital and got him checked out and everything. I have been in a domestic violence situation before and I got looked into. I thought he fell downstairs and (the youth) confessed.... he pushed him down stairs. I can't keep my mouth shut, this is unacceptable.”

Those who know me know I LOVE A STATEMENT. Straight from the horse's mouth and all that.

So, I've had a little look. To see if AW's statement in August 2020 about Logan's broken arm and dislocated shoulder appears to be truthful, or deceptive (all in my unqualified opinion, nothing factual, probably biased)

The first thing I was looking for was a definitive statement that Logan fell down the stairs. See the phone call to police (copied below) in Jan 2021 where she says it three times, no doubt after much practice with friends and family some 5 months down the road.

I am the mother of Logan Williamson. I am currently in a relationship with John Cole. He resides at 20 Maesglas near Sarn. We live five minutes from each other and regularly stay at each other’s houses.

“On August 15 I was staying at John Cole’s house with Logan, four… At around 5pm I was in the kitchen, except Logan who was upstairs in one of the bedrooms. There was a camera in his bedroom so I can watch him from the kitchen….

“Dinner was ready so I called Logan through the monitor to come down as food was ready. He acknowledged my request and I heard a slight thud when he jumped off the mattress and ran across the landing.

“This took two to three seconds and next thing I heard was a series of very loud thuds. I thought he had fallen and ran to help. I immediately saw Logan in a heap at the bottom of the first flight of stairs. He was screaming and appeared to be in a lot of pain."

-----

"I thought he had fallen". (Note also that Logan is a verbal child, at age 4. What AW "thought" could have been verified by Logan.) "I thought he had fallen" has many problems. It omits 'down the stairs'. People don't like lying to police, in case they muck up and it doesn't sound convincing. Not only that but the "I thought" part should have been confirmed immediately and by the next day she should be sure about it. It's not relevant to tell police what AW was thinking as she stood in the kitchen, unless she's building up a story. (IMO)

"At around 5pm I was in the kitchen, except Logan who was upstairs in one of the bedrooms. There was a camera in his bedroom so I can watch him from the kitchen."

She's placed him upstairs, which would of course have to be true for a fall down the stairs, but the part saying "except Logan" is, I would say, nervous babble. It isn't a proper sentence.

--

Dinner was ready so I called Logan through the monitor to come down as food was ready."

It seems so important that AW has a reason for Logan coming down the stairs that she says dinner/food was ready twice. More attempts to convince, IMO, because who cares why Logan was coming down the stairs? It's not relevant but when irrelevant details are given it becomes more likely to be story building and delaying getting to the only relevant part - the injury, IMO.

--

"He acknowledged my request and I heard a slight thud when he jumped off the mattress and ran across the landing."

More irrelevant detail in that Logan "acknowledged" her request. Then BOOM "and I heard a slight thud when he jumped off the mattress and ran across the landing." AW heard a slight thud - she's just said she was watching him, so why did she switch to an auditory narrative? What does a thud in the bedroom have to do with an injury that hadn't occurred yet? I now have to wonder, with the lack of one definitive statement that Logan fell down the stairs, whether the injury occurred in the bedroom, and that is why AW goes to all the trouble of explaining that she has a monitor in the bedroom to watch him, so justifiying why it couldn't have happened in the bedroom. It reminds me of the case of 5 year old Summer Wells (USA), where her mum says she walked her the distance of 25 feet or so from the caravan to the house, just before she disappeared, as if she needed constant supervision. I think emphasising parental vigilance is a narrative often used by neglectful parents. I think Logan had his humerus broken and shoulder dislocated by the youth in the bedroom and the only excuse they could come up with was a fall down stairs, and she couldn't even bring herself to state that part because it was a lie.

--

"This took two to three seconds and next thing I heard was a series of very loud thuds. I thought he had fallen and ran to help. I immediately saw Logan in a heap at the bottom of the first flight of stairs. He was screaming and appeared to be in a lot of pain."

More irrelevant detail in the time it took Logan to exit the bedroom, seems like another build up. AW is very focused in this part on herself, what she heard, what she thought, what she saw and what she did. Then she describes Logan screams last. She would have heard him before she saw him. He is the last priority, after herself, in her statement about what happened to Logan.

--

I conclude, IMO, it's deceptive and it's all designed to make her seem like a good mother which wouldn't be needed if it was true. When my son fell in the garden and hit his head and needed an ambulance it was about 15 odd years ago but I don't remember telling them what I was doing at the time and what I heard, all that was important was telling them how the injury happened.

--

Lastly, the call to police - where the stairs narrative can't be undone after the early statement, but the youth is now being held accountable for Logan's injuries. Maybe he did beat him up and push him down the stairs but I have doubts the stairs were involved given the unnecessary explanations AW gave of watching the bedroom, and with two injuries, a broken arm and dislocated shoulder. Just my opinion. :

"A call made by Angharad Williamson to police on January 20, 2021, is played to the court.

During the call, Williamson tells the officer the youth defendant confessed to pushing Logan down the stairs.

She said: “My son broke his arm and been to the hospital. We thought he had fallen down the stairs but (the youth) pushed him, we only just found out.”

She added: “My four-year-old son Logan, he fell down the stairs. I took him to hospital and got him checked out and everything. I have been in a domestic violence situation before and I got looked into. I thought he fell downstairs and (the youth) confessed.... he pushed him down stairs. I can't keep my mouth shut, this is unacceptable.”
Yes, I wondered about it too!

This injury looks like attack from behind, with one arm around the throat and the other twisting Logan's arm.
According to testimony, the teen did it at school too.

10:58PHILIP DEWEY
'Schedule of events'
The trial resumes.

Prosecutor Caroline Rees will take the jury through a document called the schedule of events.

Intelligence analyst Michelle Claxton, who compiled the document, is called to give evidence.

The witness was involved in compiling all the telephone and CCTV evidence in the case.

On July 20, a text was received stating Logan had tested positive for coronavirus.

On July 26, at 6.05am CCTV showed the curtains in Logan’s bedroom shut.

There were also a series of phone calls between Cole and Williamson on this date.

11:11PHILIP DEWEY
CCTV of Logan's home
A series of CCTV clips are shown to the court which show the comings and goings to 5 Lower Llansantffraid on July 26 and the early hours of July 27.

11:25PHILIP DEWEY
July 26 and 27 - curtains closed and lights off at night
During the night of July 26 and early hours of July 27, the curtains in Logan’s bedroom remained closed and unmoved during hours of darkness and the light in his room remained unilluminated.

The same can be said for the night of July 27, July 28, and July 29.

Logan Mwangi murder trial - live updates

11:45PHILIP DEWEY
Williamson seen on walking towards the front of the garden
At 2.52pm on July 29, Angharad Williamson is seen on CCTV walking towards the front of the garden closely followed by a short person believed to be the youth defendant.

Angharad Williamson leaves the front garden and turns left. She is followed closely by the youth defendant.

As they are stood outside, a metallic red vehicle drives past and a blue van passes and stops for several seconds.

The youth defendant is stood in the gateway close to Williamson, who walks ahead of the youth defendant down the garden path and continues towards the front door of Lower Llansantffraid. The youth defendant follows.

12:11PHILIP DEWEY
The timings of when Logan's curtain was opened on July 30
Here are the timings for July 30, 2021, the day before Logan’s body is discovered.

2.26am: Angharad Williamson logs into her Google account

5.18am: Curtains in Logan’s bedroom remained closed and unmoved in the hours of darkness until daylight

5.25am: Curtains in Logan’s bedroom are opened for several seconds

5.34am: The curtains are opened again and someone looks out. The curtains are opened and closed for several minutes.

5.43am: The curtains in Logan’s bedroom are closed shut.

7.04am: The curtains are opened in the middle to leave a small gap and closed again

7.43am: The curtains are opened.

8.30am: The curtains are closed.

11.59am: Williamson emerges from a side entrance to 5 Lower Llansantffraid, walks up the garden and climbs over a wall into the rear.

12.13am: Williamson calls Cole, and Cole calls the Citizens Advice Bureau.

12.23am: Williamson can be seen walking along the rear access lane

12.26am: Williamson enters a Lifestyle Express store. She selects a bottle of pop and a large can. She walks to the till and is passed a pouch of tobacco. She attempts to pay but her card is declined. She checks her phone and makes a call.

12.31am: Williamson returns to the counter and hands back the tobacco pouch. She is passed another item and uses a red card to make the payment.

12.32am: Williamson can be seen walking along the rear access lane to 5 Lower Llansantffraid. She returns and climbs over a garden wall.

1.34pm: A social worker arrives at the property and remains outside the address. They leave 20 minutes later

5.33pm: The curtains are opened in Logan’s bedroom.

7.41pm: Logan’s curtains are pulled closed

8.17pm: Williamson makes a call to a voicemail service and receives a text back.

The court adjourns for a short break and will resume in 15 minutes.

-----

--

--

--

--

--

This though. Well said.

3. Cameras in the house

presenting problem…

I would add to this list -

- Social workers blatantly failing at their jobs

- A few members of school staff with concerns they felt unable to openly confront

- In the case of Arthur IIRC there was class A substance use and alcholism... I wonder if any of that going on here?

- Step father already known to authorities and police and convicted for (violent?) crimes

10:58PHILIP DEWEY
'Schedule of events'
The trial resumes.

Prosecutor Caroline Rees will take the jury through a document called the schedule of events.

Intelligence analyst Michelle Claxton, who compiled the document, is called to give evidence.

The witness was involved in compiling all the telephone and CCTV evidence in the case.

On July 20, a text was received stating Logan had tested positive for coronavirus.

On July 26, at 6.05am CCTV showed the curtains in Logan’s bedroom shut.

There were also a series of phone calls between Cole and Williamson on this date.

11:11PHILIP DEWEY
CCTV of Logan's home
A series of CCTV clips are shown to the court which show the comings and goings to 5 Lower Llansantffraid on July 26 and the early hours of July 27.

11:25PHILIP DEWEY
July 26 and 27 - curtains closed and lights off at night
During the night of July 26 and early hours of July 27, the curtains in Logan’s bedroom remained closed and unmoved during hours of darkness and the light in his room remained unilluminated.

The same can be said for the night of July 27, July 28, and July 29.

Is the suggestion Logan was deceased prior July 27? Or was the family perhaps residing at JC's and they were not in fact isolating at the home in the days prior to the night of Logan being disposed of ?

this trial is VERY concerned with the curtain being open and closed, I know it shows that AW was awake and pottering around in Logan's room but not sure what else they're getting at

Maybe just trying to kill stone dead the suggestion that AW was unaware of what became of Logan until 5am or whatever time she initially stated?
Her account conflicts with JC's account right?
Also, I am not wondering as per above that if those curtains didn't move whatsoever for the days of July 27 onwards, were they even in the house at all? Did they all come back to the house on the 29th to enact a concocted plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz