UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Logan Mwangi murder trial - live updates
Youth seen repeatedly punching classmate in the stomach - witness
The next statement is from a witness who taught at the youth’s school.

The witness, who cannot be named for legal reasons, described two incidents involving the youth.

They said: “I was on my way to lessons and as I was going to class I saw (the youth) repeatedly punching another boy in the midriff area. I approached (the youth) and told him to stop. He shouted ‘No, he’s an *advertiser censored**hole’. He eventually stopped.”

In reference to the next incident, the witness said: “I was in the staffroom in school when I heard children running past the door. I told them to stop running in the corridor.

“A voice mimicked back what I said and when I looked over the balcony I saw (the youth) smirking up at me. I called out to him and when I confronted him he used a baby voice and said it wasn’t him who was mimicking me.”

AW doesn't appear to have cared about Logan any more, whether because of JC's antipathy and jealousy or because she had another baby (likely a combination of both). So I still cannot understand why she kept him when he had another parent and grandparents who might have been happy to take him in.

In a few child murder cases in recent years the defence have said that the bio parent had a low iq and was manipulated by the abuser. I wonder if they'll try that for AW. A low iq shouldn't stop someone protecting their child though

'Youth said he liked to punch kids in the head while on remand'
The next witness is a person involved in the youth’s care following his arrest for Logan’s murder .

Upon first meeting the youth, he told the witness to “*advertiser censored** off”. They said the defendant would adopt a “baby voice” if he was about to be reprimanded or “wanted to play the victim”.

On August 14, 2021, the youth was told to go to bed but was playing up.

While in bed, he was said to have shouted “I love kids, I *advertiser censored***** love kids, I like to punch kids in the head, it’s orgasmic”.

The witness said: “(The youth) shouted it with determination and with no particular melody. He wanted us to know what he was singing about.”

On August 23, 2021, the witness attended a meeting with the youth which was also attended by his social worker Debbie Williams.

During the meeting, the youth kicked Ms Williams under the table and the witness found it strange she did not reprimand him.

After the meeting, he told the witness he didn’t want to attend the meeting but did so “just in case you all talked about (Logan) and his injuries.”

On August 27, 2021, the youth was heard saying “I’m sorry about getting annoyed with you earlier, if you knew what was going on in my head, trust me you don’t want to know.

On another occasion, he told the witness “I ain’t letting (Cole) take the blame, no way. I might just plead guilty next week. My solicitor knows all about my mental state and I forget stuff”.

Youth said he'd done some bad stuff but wasn't allowed to talk about it'
The next witness, who was also involved in the youth’s care following his arrest, said upon first meeting the youth, he asked him what he liked to do.

The witness said: “(The youth) told me he wasn’t allowed to do much. He said ‘I did some bad stuff but I’m not allowed to talk about it’.”

The witness said the youth would revert to a “baby voice” if he thought he was going to be reprimanded.

In a few child murder cases in recent years the defence have said that the bio parent had a low iq and was manipulated by the abuser. I wonder if they'll try that for AW. A low iq shouldn't stop someone protecting their child though

she had held a manager role before she had Logan, so I don’t think this defence would work.

Youth is a 'complex character' - says social worker
The next witness is a social worker involved in the youth’s care.

Prior to the youth’s arrest, she said she “enjoyed his company” but described him as a “complex character”.

They added: “He did not think before he spoke and he could come across as quite offensive. He did not like authority and lacked understanding of certain situations”.

Following the youth’s arrest, the social worker said they expected him to be upset following a court hearing but described him as being “absolutely fine”.

On August 31, 2021, the social worker was in a car journey with the youth and social worker Debbie Williams.

They said: “(The youth) seemed fine and was making wisecracks at my car and my driving. He was flicking Debbie and prodding her in the shoulder.

“He asked if he could see his friends but Debbie spoke with him about the seriousness of the case. He was not allowed on social media or to meet up with friends, he wanted some normality.

“They had a conversation about the seriousness of the situation he was in and he replied ‘I know you don’t think I am taking this seriously. I know (Logan) is dead but none of us… hurt him or did anything to him’.”

The witness said Debbie Williams asked the youth if “a stranger” did it, but he remained silent for five minutes and changed the subject.

'I want to kill all the kids'
The last witness statement is from a support worker involved in the youth’s care.

They said they had bought the youth a book with puzzles in it, but he didn’t complete any of the puzzles.

Upon cleaning the youth’s room after he was moved to a new place, the support worker found the puzzle book, and all that was written in it was the phrase “I am scared of going to prison”.

The witness later saw the youth in a meeting, in which he asked to see Cole. When told Cole was in prison, the youth responded “Why is he in there, he hasn’t done anything.”

During the meeting, the witness said the youth was kicking social worker Debbie Williams under the table and “found it strange” she didn’t react. After the meeting, Ms Williams hugged the youth.

On another occasion, the witness heard the youth shouting “Where are the kids? I want to kill all the kids.”

The trial adjourns for a short break.

I wonder what psychology surrounds the youth doing the baby voice?

A complete guess but I assume trying to act younger than you are is a way of attempting to portray innocence. If he's seen as an sweet, naive person for this age by those investigating then it's possible less attention would be focussed on him. Obviously, the CCTV destroyed that.

I would like to know more too.

but from my simplistic perspective

I think it means he is very very manipulative and has learned that this ‘sweetness’ can dissipate and disarm someone’s authority.

Agree and for him it could project 'vulnerability' which he could use for his own needs.

Many adults regress and use 'baby voice' too. It's not uncommon.
An explanation depends on why someone is motivated to do it in the first place.

Last edited:
Debbie Williams needs sacking. Wtf?!

I don't want to mount a defence of her because it's poor, but it's also a hell of a job. These kinds of things are horrible balancing acts with a lot of he said/she said thrown in.

This is a fairly recent article where only 29% of social workers feel their workload is manageable: 'It's frustrating': UK social workers say they lack time and resources to do their job

Sadly she will end up being made a scapegoat for far bigger problems.

Williamson's prison letter
The trial resumes.

The court is read a letter sent by Angharad Williamson to her family on August 19.

It said: “A lot has happened in the last week or so, I have lost my son and my ex partner admitted to hurting (Logan) and moving his body. I can’t tell you more than that.

“The reason I am in prison is to investigate if I was involved in moving (Logan’s) body and because of the death threats it’s thought I am safer in here.

“I hope you know I had nothing to do with (Logan’s) death, the only thing I am guilty of is allowing (Cole) into our lives…

“My world is falling apart around me and none of my family have picked up the phone to speak to me.

“I am not the monster they say I am in the media. (Cole) hurt (Logan) and tried to cover it up.”

Williamson told her family the date of the trial and told them she would remain in prison for 45 months.

She added: “Even if you believe the media, can you give (Logan) the send off he deserves. I will not attend as the media would make it about me and it needs to be about (Logan).

“I love you all so much, I feel alone and scared…. I love you all so much but if this is goodbye I understand. I will prove my innocence at the trial.”

She added: “Please, please, please can you Facebook my mum Clare Williamson."

I don't want to mount a defence of her because it's poor, but it's also a hell of a job. These kinds of things are horrible balancing acts with a lot of he said/she said thrown in.

This is a fairly recent article where only 29% of social workers feel their workload is manageable: 'It's frustrating': UK social workers say they lack time and resources to do their job

Sadly she will end up being made a scapegoat for far bigger problems.
Point taken. But I believe the social worker lied on the stand when she testified that the family caring for the youth never said he was threatening to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke