UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking this completely out of the present context, I have to say that I think withholding of treats is an acceptable punishment for a child who has misbehaved or been disobedient.
Surely it is better than physical punishment? It doesn't harm the child.
Or do you think children should never be punished at all?

BTW referring to Logan as "her baby boy" - it's easy to forget that she did actually have a baby boy as well.
Withholding of treats, yes. But not withholding of dinner. JMO

No, of course not. You would give the child something else for dinner.
A visitor brings over a special meal to share. Not only can the child not eat with the others, he's made to sit on the floor and given weetabix. JC at the same time is smacking his lips and telling him how delicious it is. This is more than a mild punishment. This is cruel and humiliating for a small child in front of his friends. The friend felt so sorry for him that she snuck him some nuggets when they were out of the room. It's also extremely impolite to the guest who brought the food to have something of a treat turned into a punishment.

A visitor brings over a special meal to share. Not only can the child not eat with the others, he's made to sit on the floor and given weetabix. JC at the same time is smacking his lips and telling him how delicious it is. This is more than a mild punishment. This is cruel and humiliating for a small child in front of his friends. The friend felt so sorry for him that she snuck him some nuggets when they were out of the room. It's also extremely impolite to the guest who brought the food to have something of a treat turned into a punishment.
Absolutely!
Besides, I guess such humiliating Logan was everyday occurrence in this "family".

Cole says LM was 'jumping around all day' and running up and down the hallway and jumping over the kitty gate----and yet the forensics examiner says that this poor child was suffering with some very severe internal injuries and painful fractures, etc. So I find it hard to believe this baby was 'jumping around' all day.

<modsnip - quoted post and reply removed>

Taking this completely out of the present context, I have to say that I think withholding of treats is an acceptable punishment for a child who has misbehaved or been disobedient.

BTW referring to Logan as "her baby boy" - it's easy to forget that she did actually have a baby boy as well.
Punished sure, but excluding from meal times in the manner as described seems excessive. But then I don’t put take aways into the treat category, it’s a night off from cooking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cole says LM was 'jumping around all day' and running up and down the hallway and jumping over the kitty gate----and yet the forensics examiner says that this poor child was suffering with some very severe internal injuries and painful fractures, etc. So I find it hard to believe this baby was 'jumping around' all day.

Me too.

He also said that he was isolating in his bedroom and had to turn and face the wall wearing his mask to prevent spreading covid. Or maybe he ‘had tested negative’ by then, so they stripped his bed? Oh hang on, how could AW have ‘tucked him up in bed’ then with no bedding?

also this was the day of the social worker visit, when she was told he had covid and she couldn’t see him as he was isolating.

so many lies.

Last edited:

Me too.

He also said that he was isolating in his bedroom and had to turn and face the wall wearing his mask to prevent spreading covid. Or maybe he ‘had tested negative’ by then, so they stripped his bed? Oh hang on, how could AW have ‘tucked him up in bed’ then with no bedding?

also this was the day of the social worker visit, when she was told he had covid and she couldn’t see him as he was isolating.

so many lies.

Then there’s the FaceTime with Cole’s friend on the 27th and Logan was sat on the stairs colouring. Which there are no stairs, so he can’t have been isolated to his bedroom the whole time.

I don’t understand making this point, that is obviously not what’s happening here. Logan was experience abuse from his care givers, him Being excluded from eating with his family wasn’t part of reasonable parenting, I don’t think punishment via withholding food is appropriate ever.

That broke my heart, the KFC situation. And when I started telling it to Mr. Rocket he said "oh no don't don't", he couldn't bear to think of it. I do think it's really cruel. If my child had misbehaved I might say WE'RE not getting a takeaway tonight now because it's a treat, and we're not having treats today because you ....... and that's not acceptable. But no way would I have the whole family and visitors eating a takeaway and give my child weetabix, that's far too extreme for a 4 year old. I'd give them another consequence

Im beginning to think JC sneakily points to AW:

- "The youth never touched Logan",

- "I took pills and went to sleep"

- "She wanted to kill herself and take Logan with her" (!)

PLUS I'm sure the youth had bad behaviours, and I'll bet you my *advertiser censored* they would NEVER have sat him on the floor with weetabix and all eaten KFC in front of him, because they'd have been too scared to, and THAT thought has just taken me to a whole new level of furious. They enjoyed torturing Logan because they could, he was helpless, but I'll bet you they wouldn't have dared give the same punishments to the other child in their care :mad:

Also keep in mind the KFC episode was done in front of outsiders. The friend found it to be appalling and upsetting to the point of sneaking the child food when the miscreants were gone. From this small episode we can guess what they got up to when they were alone. I'm not against withholding something as a punishment for a child. The context of the punishment is important too. Logan was meant to be humiliated in front of friends. To be treated like a dog really to sit on the floor and eat out of a bowl while the others observed this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricardo55