UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW, good catch. There is no way a 2 and a half year old is able to express or clearly communicate that concept that the 2 adults were laying in the same bed, and run back to say that to Cole. It does not make sense.

There are plenty of articulate 2.5 year olds - it is possible that Logan mentioned something but I would imagine it happened in a slightly different way than it's been reported - for example - Logan may have said ' mummy and Daddy and me had a cuddle in bed and read stories' or 'I slept in mummy and daddys bed' and Jay has turned 2 + 2 into 136.

Edited to add ... or potentially - Angharad and Ben did share a bed on that visit! It's not unusual at all for exes to revert to closeness on occasion.

There are plenty of articulate 2.5 year olds - it is possible that Logan mentioned something but I would imagine it happened in a slightly different way than it's been reported - for example - Logan may have said ' mummy and Daddy and me had a cuddle in bed and read stories' or 'I slept in mummy and daddys bed' and Jay has turned 2 + 2 into 136.

Edited to add ... or potentially - Angharad and Ben did share a bed on that visit! It's not unusual at all for exes to revert to closeness on occasion.

Also a possibility that JC, controlling as he seems to be, quizzed the boy about where AW slept.

Just a couple of notes I can add that might help with some queries;

When a child is in care, 'looked after', all of their behaviours are recorded and shared with the psychologist who can then devise appropriate care strategies to support the child in eliminating or reducing negative behaviours and this will be shared with the caregivers. It's a common strategy to employ 'tactical ignoring'. We use it with children who will kick, punch, swear, make threats or masturbate when the function of the behaviour is to get the reaction. It can take several months before the child no longer desires to use the behaviour. So there's a possibility that was in place when the social worker didn't respond to the youth's poking or kicking her. Another possibility is that, if his behaviours are at a level where he can heighten into having a serious incident, challenging smaller behaviours might be a trigger to escalation into an incident where he could be a serious risk to himself or others.

The comment that was made by the youth following the meeting can only be recorded and shared. You cannot ask questions or prompt anyone in a criminal investigation outside of a planned environment, led by the appropriate identified professional and recorded in the correct way. Otherwise anything that is said could not be used in court, and very often the whole case for that defendant can collapse, because it's not correct procedure and not witnessed by the correct people it can be inferred that the adult asking the questions either led the child to have to answer in a certain way, or left out or fabricated parts of the transcript.

WOW, good catch. There is no way a 2 and a half year old is able to express or clearly communicate that concept that the 2 adults were laying in the same bed, and run back to say that to Cole. It does not make sense.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. I remember my daughter coming back from her dads and saying she had shared a bed with daddy and Clare. We moved out of that house before she was 3. First time I had even heard that name too....

My child at 2.5 was quite articulate and could have put that across. However, I don’t know maybe it just me but I don’t see anything wrong with sharing a bed - as long as it’s just sleeping obviously - it doesn’t always mean the people sharing the bed are engaging in sexual activity.

I think the issue was created by JC not Logan. MOO

I wonder what psychology surrounds the youth doing the baby voice?

My son sometimes does this. Just to add he is nothing like the youth in any other way!
He has both autism and adhd.
Adopting another voice can be common in both - but possibly with other conditions too. It’s more prevalent in autism Han adhd although I’d suggest the youth has a lot of traits of both, plus ODD and conduct disorder.
However as has been pointed out he is ‘complex’ which likely means he has several different diagnoses or is perhaps undiagnosed due to the presenting complexities.
(My son has also been described as complex and was difficult to diagnose as he didn’t fit the ‘typical’ diagnostic criteria for either autism or adhd on initial presentation.

I disagree. It is a mild penance, no more than that. I won't devalue the word "cruel".
Obviously if a child is unable to have it for, say, health reasons, then yes, it would be unkind.

no it’s not.
Food should never be used in punishment. To be honest it shouldn’t be used as a reward either.
Could cause all sorts of psychological problems concerning food.
Taking away his device would’ve been punishment enough.

Last edited:
no it’s not.
Food should never be used in punishment. To be honest it shouldn’t be used as a reward either.
Could cause all sorts of psychological problems concerning food.
Taking away his device would’ve been punishment enough.
I don’t think a 5 year old who spends, by JC’s admission “90% of his time in his room on his own” really needs further punitive punishments, do you?

Williamson's police interviews
Junior prosecutor Claire Pickthall calls detective sergeant Christian Burt to give evidence.

Ms Pickthall will read out the parts of Williamson from the police interviews, and DS Burt will read out his own part as the interviewing officer.

Williamson’s first interview took place on August 2 at Bridgend police station.

She gave her full name as Angharad Laura Williamson and gave her date of birth as March 16, 1991.

DS Burt told Williamson she would be asked about Logan’s death and about events in the early hours of July 31, when two figures could be seen carrying what appeared to be a body.

At this point, Williamson became upset. She said: “I only found out about this information a couple of hours ago.”

DS Burt said he would ask Williamson about her movements on July 30, the morning of July 31 and injuries sustained to Logan.

He added: “The interview is to find the truth about what happened and give you the opportunity to give an explanation if you want to.”

Logan Mwangi murder trial hears what his mum said in police interviews

Last edited by a moderator:
Willamson told police 'I want to help as much as I can'
When asked about the 999 call she made to police, Williamson was asked about a comment she made about having no sleep.

She said she had “barely slept” in the past six months. She said she had anxiety and was on medication because she found it difficult to sleep.

She said because of her medication, she was unable to look after Logan in the night as she was sleepy, so Cole would get up if needs be.

Williamson was also asked about the comment she made about Logan forgetting his shoes and coat.

She said: “I was looking for my son to see if he had shoes or a coat or if he was ok. I said he forgot his shoes and coat. I was worried he was cold and alone out there.”

The defendant was also asked about a comment during her arrest when she said “I haven’t done anything wrong”.

She said: “I also said ‘I called you guys for help, you’re meant to be helping me.”

DS Burt said: “You’re here having been arrested on suspicion of murder. South Wales Police are investigating the death of your son Logan Williamson found dead in the River Ogmore…”

Williamson said: “Stop, please stop… We’re sitting here and it seems like we’re having a casual conversation about my dead son.”

When told the officers were trying to find out the truth about what happened to Logan, Wlliamson said: “I want to help as much as I can.”

Williamson's police interviews
Junior prosecutor Claire Pickthall calls detective sergeant Christian Burt to give evidence.

Ms Pickthall will read out the parts of Williamson from the police interviews, and DS Burt will read out his own part as the interviewing officer.

Williamson’s first interview took place on August 2 at Bridgend police station.

She gave her full name as Angharad Laura Williamson and gave her date of birth as March 16, 1991.

DS Burt told Williamson she would be asked about Logan’s death and about events in the early hours of July 31, when two figures could be seen carrying what appeared to be a body.

At this point, Williamson became upset. She said: “I only found out about this information a couple of hours ago.”

DS Burt said he would ask Williamson about her movements on July 30, the morning of July 31 and injuries sustained to Logan.

He added: “The interview is to find the truth about what happened and give you the opportunity to give an explanation if you want to.”
Willamson told police 'I want to help as much as I can'
When asked about the 999 call she made to police, Williamson was asked about a comment she made about having no sleep.

She said she had “barely slept” in the past six months. She said she had anxiety and was on medication because she found it difficult to sleep.

She said because of her medication, she was unable to look after Logan in the night as she was sleepy, so Cole would get up if needs be.

Williamson was also asked about the comment she made about Logan forgetting his shoes and coat.

She said: “I was looking for my son to see if he had shoes or a coat or if he was ok. I said he forgot his shoes and coat. I was worried he was cold and alone out there.”

The defendant was also asked about a comment during her arrest when she said “I haven’t done anything wrong”.

She said: “I also said ‘I called you guys for help, you’re meant to be helping me.”

DS Burt said: “You’re here having been arrested on suspicion of murder. South Wales Police are investigating the death of your son Logan Williamson found dead in the River Ogmore…”

Williamson said: “Stop, please stop… We’re sitting here and it seems like we’re having a casual conversation about my dead son.”

When told the officers were trying to find out the truth about what happened to Logan, Wlliamson said: “I want to help as much as I can.”

Logan Mwangi murder trial- live updates

Questions about July 30
Williamson told the police on the evening of July 30, Logan had been watching Pokemon in her bedroom before going to bed between 8pm and 8.30pm and she had gone to bed between 10pm and 10.30pm.

The 999 call took place at 5.46am on July 31 to report Logan missing.

DS Burt told Williamson CCTV had been found showing two figures leaving 5 Lower Llansantffraid around 2.45am, one of them appeared to be carrying a “small shape” in their arms before going out the front gate and turning right towards the river where Logan was found.

The figures returned and left again at 3.20am and returned minutes later.

Williamson said: “They left twice? I wasn’t aware.”

DS Burt said: “You said you barely slept and that was at 2.45am in the morning. It suggests you were awake in the night. Are you responsible for Logan’s death?”

Williamson said: “I have absolutely nothing to do with my son’s death. You can ask anyone I am protective of (Logan). I was the only parent in school to send my child with a facemask.

“When I was in a violent relationship I called the police straight away.”

Bedroom light
Williamson said she bathed Logan before he went to sleep and changed him into mismatched pyjamas, including a black Spiderman top and dinosaur bottoms.

After putting Logan to bed, she went to the living room and sat on the sofa while she watched YouTube videos. She said she left the bathroom light on because Logan was scared of the dark and left the baby gate open so he could go to toilet.

She said: “Just before I went to bed, I woke up Logan to go to toilet. I picked him up and he wrapped his arms around me and his legs around me like a baby.

“I put him on the toilet and he fell through a bit, he was so sleepy bless him. I picked him back up and took him back to bed.

“I took my meds and went to bed, I didn’t wake up in the middle of the night to pee.”

The defendant she didn’t get up in the nights since taking her medication.

She added: “I thought it was all my fault, because I had left the back door open and he had run out but that’s not like him.

“I was blaming myself and telling the police to arrest me because I left the back door open and I failed my son and it was my fault.”

When asked if she was ok by the interviewing officer, Williamson said: “My son’s dead, of course it’s going to upset you.”

DS Burt said: “I don’t want to cause it to be any longer than it needs to be.”

'Logan fighting for a lot of attention' Willamson told police
Williamson described Logan as “fighting for a lot of attention” and had been “quite boisterous” in recent months.

Upon putting him to bed, she said: “I put him back into his own bed, he was facing the door and all the doors were open. I tucked him in his Paw Patrol (duvet) and he had Olaf with him.

When asked what she was wearing, Williamson said she was wearing blue fabric shorts which belonged to Cole and a Captain America top. She said: “We’re a Marvel family”.

She said “nine times out of 10” Cole would be wearing black clothing.

Williamson added: “I didn’t know I had to make a log of what we were wearing.”

She described everything being calm that night but described Cole as “being nervous”.

She said: “He’s lost a lot of family members.”

Williamson was again asked about timings but became agitated.

She said: “Sorry to be rude, I didn’t realise my son was going to die and to take a step back from the process. Excuse me if I don’t remember.

Williamson said she took various medication to help her get to sleep.
She said: “My ex husband beat me so I’ve got alarms all around my house.”

The defendant said she slept on the right side of the bed and Cole slept on the left side.

She said it didn’t take long before she fell asleep and would “pass out cold”.

At the end of the interview, Williamson said: “I feel conned, so conned. I wish I had never met (Cole). They’ve ruined my life.”

Rsbm

She described everything being calm that night but described Cole as “being nervous”.

It might just be me, but it feels like there is a big chunk missing in the reporting

'Logan fighting for a lot of attention' Willamson told police
Williamson described Logan as “fighting for a lot of attention” and had been “quite boisterous” in recent months.

Upon putting him to bed, she said: “I put him back into his own bed, he was facing the door and all the doors were open. I tucked him in his Paw Patrol (duvet) and he had Olaf with him.

When asked what she was wearing, Williamson said she was wearing blue fabric shorts which belonged to Cole and a Captain America top. She said: “We’re a Marvel family”.

She said “nine times out of 10” Cole would be wearing black clothing.

Williamson added: “I didn’t know I had to make a log of what we were wearing.”

Williamson was again asked about timings but became agitated.

She said: “Sorry to be rude, I didn’t realise my son was going to die and to take a step back from the process. Excuse me if I don’t remember.

Williamson said she took various medication to help her get to sleep.
She said: “My ex husband beat me so I’ve got alarms all around my house.”

The defendant said she slept on the right side of the bed and Cole slept on the left side.

She said it didn’t take long before she fell asleep and would “pass out cold”.

At the end of the interview, Williamson said: “I feel conned, so conned. I wish I had never met (Cole). They’ve ruined my life.”
Her antagonistic attitude is really something else. It honestly brings to mind Rose West for me, something there just resonating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1