UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isolating a 5 year old in their room, making them face away from them with a mask on until they left the room? That’s absolutely abhorrent imo.
Logan had a fear of water, and they dumped his body in a river, even in death they had to continue their abuse.

Apologies, I just wouldn't believe a word jc or aw said, was it them that said he had a fear of showers or baths?
When I heard he had a fear of showers or baths, first thing I thought was that they likely 'punished him' with too cold or too hot water, or left him in the bath for long periods of time, as water got cold. I have even read about children being forced under water as punishment for wetting the bed etc.

Burned twice too!

"Ms Rees asks Ms Rush [Logan's social worker] about an incident where Logan burnt his neck.

She said: “He had burnt his neck on the bath tap… Angharad called me, she was upset. ‘What are they going to say’, she was worried she would get in trouble with social services.”

A week later she saw Logan and the mark had disappeared."

--

Report on injuries noted in autopsy -

"The first witness to give evidence today is paediatrician Dr Deborah Stalker.

She wrote two reports, dated October and November 2021, in relation to Logan’s injuries. [...]

David Elias QC, for John Cole, cross examines Dr Stalker. [...]

Mr Elias also asks about a burn to Logan’s neck, which Dr Stalker described as “unusual” to be caused accidentally."

Youth accused of murder said 'I like to punch kids' heads', jury told

I am of the opinion that if he didn’t like baths or showers it’s because of something he experienced. I know some kids don’t like bathing but my children love it. Never want to get out. Of course that is just my anecdotal experience.

Does anyone know if the public gallery is open at Cardiff Crown Court? Or a virtual option? Not sure if the public seating is open due to rules regarding the youth's identity.

Yes it's still public, but social distancing restrictions are in place so there are few seats and the courtroom is full every day, it's highly unlikely you'd get in there, there is a monitor in the canteen where you can watch live footage of the courtroom

Apologies, I just wouldn't believe a word jc or aw said, was it them that said he had a fear of showers or baths?

When aw or jc said he had a fear of or dislike of shower or bath, I see that as them making excuses for physical struggles with logan.
When infact they were just abusing him.

From 23 March 2022 court livestream:

Cole said Williamson carried out a lateral flow test on Logan and he tested negative so they removed the sheets and bedding from his room to “decontaminate” the bedroom of Covid.

The defendant claimed Logan was climbing the bath in an attempt to avoid showering.

He said: “Showers were very challenging with Logan from day one. He has a fear of water and he’s never really liked it.”

Cole also described Williamson as being a “clean freak” who would “always go around the house with a bottle of bleach of Dettol”.

Last edited:
The court will now hear the transcripts of John Cole’s police interviews.

[..]

Cole gave his name as John Michael Cole and his birthday as February 4, 1982. He said he preferred to be called Jay, as his sister had called him that name and she has since died.

He added: “Angharad and I have been together for two-and-a-half years…

[..]

He added: “Angharad has a five-year-old son called Logan. Logan’s dad is called Ben, I have not met him. He and Angharad split up long before I met her. She had been in a relationship with someone called Jordan and were married, when we met she had just got divorced from him.

“Only once did Logan see Ben. Ben never came to Wales. They went to London to stay with Ben when Angharad was pregnant and was just starting to show. When (Logan) came back, he told a story about Angharad where her and Ben slept in the same bed.

“She would get upset and angry and would react. She said it wasn’t like that, I told her I believed her and left it there.”

[..]

“We both really tried with Logan, we sat him down and explained things with him and saw we loved (him). He would work himself up again and start again. We tried the naughty corner and gave him colouring. He would pinch and bit himself. Sometimes he would kick out.

“It was difficult, sometimes he could be a lovely child but we were trying with him.

“He would sometimes start saying about Angharad being in bed with Ben and she would grab him by both arms and shout at him. She grabbed him and shouted ‘Stop *advertiser censored***** lying’.

So Cole wants both the jury and public to believe that about 2.5 yrs ago (when Logan was only about 2.5), Logan visited his dad and the only thing the toddler remembered to repeat years later was that AW and Ben slept in the same bed-- repeating this often enough that AW would still react by grabbing him by both arms while screaming at him to stop *advertiser censored**ing lying.

Seems to me that we know who made this allegation and constantly repeated it over the past 2.5 years, and it wasn't Logan. :mad:

Nope. And Cole did not leave it there. MOO

Has there been any specific evidence to support the narrative that all three acted in concert to inflict the fatal injuries? There was clearly a lot of cruelty in the household, they're clearly lying through their teeth and you could make a case for any or any combination of them. I worry that the prosecution themselves don't really know and are trying to gloss over it to get a conviction.

On a related note, maybe charging the youth in particular, rather than just the adults on the vague basis that they must have known, at least, that he was gravely injured and didn't get help, ensures that he aggressively participates in the investigation/defence rather than just being the absent scapegoat.

Has there been any specific evidence to support the narrative that all three acted in concert to inflict the fatal injuries? There was clearly a lot of cruelty in the household, they're clearly lying through their teeth and you could make a case for any or any combination of them. I worry that the prosecution themselves don't really know and are trying to gloss over it to get a conviction.

On a related note, maybe charging the youth in particular, rather than just the adults on the vague basis that they must have known, at least, that he was gravely injured and didn't get help, ensures that he aggressively participates in the investigation/defence rather than just being the absent scapegoat.
I found this article. It’s a tough read, but it explains how more than one person can be convicted even if they did not inflict a blow.

How do 11 people go to jail for one murder?

Re: the youth

After the meeting, he told the witness he didn’t want to attend the meeting but did so “just in case you all talked about (Logan) and his injuries.”

I find it frustrating that, whilst the youth said some really disturbing things (like that above) no-one seems to engaging with him to expand on them.

Is this part of SWs professional conduct or something? Genuine question.

The court will now hear the transcripts of John Cole’s police interviews.

[..]

Cole gave his name as John Michael Cole and his birthday as February 4, 1982. He said he preferred to be called Jay, as his sister had called him that name and she has since died.

He added: “Angharad and I have been together for two-and-a-half years…

[..]

He added: “Angharad has a five-year-old son called Logan. Logan’s dad is called Ben, I have not met him. He and Angharad split up long before I met her. She had been in a relationship with someone called Jordan and were married, when we met she had just got divorced from him.

“Only once did Logan see Ben. Ben never came to Wales. They went to London to stay with Ben when Angharad was pregnant and was just starting to show. When (Logan) came back, he told a story about Angharad where her and Ben slept in the same bed.

“She would get upset and angry and would react. She said it wasn’t like that, I told her I believed her and left it there.”

[..]

“We both really tried with Logan, we sat him down and explained things with him and saw we loved (him). He would work himself up again and start again. We tried the naughty corner and gave him colouring. He would pinch and bit himself. Sometimes he would kick out.

“It was difficult, sometimes he could be a lovely child but we were trying with him.

“He would sometimes start saying about Angharad being in bed with Ben and she would grab him by both arms and shout at him. She grabbed him and shouted ‘Stop *advertiser censored***** lying’.

So Cole wants both the jury and public to believe that about 2.5 yrs ago (when Logan was only about 2.5), Logan visited his dad and the only thing the toddler remembered to repeat years later was that AW and Ben slept in the same bed-- repeating this often enough that AW would still react by grabbing him by both arms while screaming at him to stop *advertiser censored**ing lying.

Seems to me that we know who made this allegation and constantly repeated it over the past 2.5 years, and it wasn't Logan. :mad:

Nope. And Cole did not leave it there. MOO

WOW, good catch. There is no way a 2 and a half year old is able to express or clearly communicate that concept that the 2 adults were laying in the same bed, and run back to say that to Cole. It does not make sense.

I wonder what psychology surrounds the youth doing the baby voice?

My son sometimes does this. Just to add he is nothing like the youth in any other way!
He has both autism and adhd.
Adopting another voice can be common in both - but possibly with other conditions too. It’s more prevalent in autism Han adhd although I’d suggest the youth has a lot of traits of both, plus ODD and conduct disorder.
However as has been pointed out he is ‘complex’ which likely means he has several different diagnoses or is perhaps undiagnosed due to the presenting complexities.
(My son has also been described as complex and was difficult to diagnose as he didn’t fit the ‘typical’ diagnostic criteria for either autism or adhd on initial presentation.

Re: the youth

After the meeting, he told the witness he didn’t want to attend the meeting but did so “just in case you all talked about (Logan) and his injuries.”

I find it frustrating that, whilst the youth said some really disturbing things (like that above) no-one seems to engaging with him to expand on them.

Is this part of SWs professional conduct or something? Genuine question.

We don't know that it wasn't expanded on ... we're only hearing tiny snippets that are interpreted by the journalists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member