UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Second interview - August 2
A second interview took place on August 2, and Williamson was asked about her last comment on Cole.

She said: “When I first met Jay he swept me off my feet and he didn’t have any offence for 15 years and was a completely changed man…

“I tried to show social services he was a changed man… He was a phenomenal man… I fought tooth and nail and it was all for nothing.”

When asked why it was all for nothing, Williamson said: “My son is dead. I let (Cole) in my house and you showed a picture of them carrying Logan out of the house.

“I thought (Cole) loved me, I thought (Cole) loved Logan, I thought (Cole) wanted a family with me. I lost my son.”

Williamson was asked why she came to the conclusion it was Cole and the youth in the CCTV footage.

She said: “There’s only one conclusion, I don’t allow people in my house, my anxiety is horrendous.”

DS Burt said: “Can anyone come into your home?” Williamson said: “No.”

She said Cole would often stay up late to play “gaming sessions” with friends in America and described him as a “sweaty person” who needed to get up in the night to change his T shirt.

Logan Mwangi murder trial hears what his mum said in police interviews

Last edited by a moderator:
Insomnia
Williamson was asked if anything woke her up in the night.

She said: “No, not one door, not one window, no light going on in the bathroom, I didn’t even hear the chain flush. Absolutely nothing woke me up.”

She also described Cole as an “insomniac”.

When asked how she felt about Cole, she said: “I don’t want him anywhere near me again. I wish I hadn’t fought for him the last six months.

“When social services were involved, I said ‘That’s not the man in front of me’, I was defending him. I wish I hadn’t fought in his corner.”

When asked about the youth defendant, she said he had never been violent towards her but she had heard stories about him acting violently.

She added: “I never went to the back door or woke up, if I had, I could have stopped this.”

She said: “When I first met Jay he swept me off my feet and he didn’t have any offence for 15 years and was a completely changed man…

I rather think it is possible that he was not caught offending during that time,rather than he did not offend.

Detectives quiz Willamson about CCTV
Williamson was asked to look at still photographs of the CCTV footage outside 5 Lower Llansantffraid in the early hours of July 31.

She said: “I don’t want to see it.” Williamson’s solicitor told her he thought she needed to see it.

The defendant said: “I’m scared it’s them, I am scared of seeing it’s them. I am terrified.”

DS Burt said: “The reason we’re here today is to find out what happened. If it’s them and you can see them then we have answers, if you can’t see them then we don’t have answers.”

Williamson said: “You understand why I’m scared…

DS Burt said: “We’re not showing it to be malicious, we need to get answers for Logan.”

The court heard the officers were unable to play the footage because of internet issues.

Williamson was again shown a still image of a figure holding something in its arms. She was asked who the person was.
She said: “Jay Cole.”

DS Burt said: “Do you recognise Jay in that image?”

Williamson said: “Yes… It’s not clear enough. Jay can carry a lot of weight and (the youth) is short. If there’s a height difference, the tall person is Jay.”

When asked again who the two figures were, she said: “Jay and (the youth).”

I know it’s probably the reporting that isn’t clear, but on the night Logan died both AW and Cole said they took meds to make them sleep. I imagine the questioning dug into that more to question the different versions. She’s describing him as an insomniac.

I guess they can’t dob each other in totally without incriminating themselves. If they saw what happened, they were part of it.

She seems happy to ID them on cctv, because she wasn’t on it herself probably.

Re JC's alleged PTSD and whether he's military trained as per a previous observation / question - I was wondering same.

My father signed up to the military when he was 16 and was violent and also sadistic. When I read about JC's ideas of 'punishments' and 'training' the first thing that crossed my mind is this is a person who is both profoundly lacking in empathy but also has an institutionalised idea of hierarchy and violence.

When I say 'institutionalised', there are certain communities where traditions, hierarchy, and male violence are culturally ingrained and admired. So, it could be that. Or it could be an early life of youth offenders and prison institutions, or certainly the military.

It could have been a military stance towards discipline that swayed social services to allow JC to 'care take' a violent youth.

“I tried to show social services he was a changed man… He was a phenomenal man… I fought tooth and nail and it was all for nothing.”

When asked why it was all for nothing, Williamson said: “My son is dead. I let (Cole) in my house and you showed a picture of them carrying Logan out of the house.

“I thought (Cole) loved me, I thought (Cole) loved Logan, I thought (Cole) wanted a family with me. I lost my son.”

Williamson was asked why she came to the conclusion it was Cole and the youth in the CCTV footage.

She said: “There’s only one conclusion, I don’t allow people in my house, my anxiety is horrendous.”

DS Burt said: “Can anyone come into your home?” Williamson said: “No.”

She said Cole would often stay up late to play “gaming sessions” with friends in America and described him as a “sweaty person” who needed to get up in the night to change his T shirt.

Proof enough here that she's a fantasist who manipulates and distorts reality to suit herself.

- How could she know JC was a changed man ? She didn't know him before and she hadn't seen him long enough so she has no points of reference.

- Why did she fight tooth and nail to show SS he was changed ? What required such a fight ? If they were living a harmonious and peaceful life ?

- Seems that AW took up having fits and needing a wheelchair sometimes in all this beautiful phenomenal lifestyle. Was she being beaten herself ?

- She fought for a delusional relationship with a known criminal who comes in tow with a violent teen but not for herself, and not for her little boy ?

- What kind of 'sweaty' youths get up in the middle of the night to change their T-shirts ? Trying to implicate the youth for murder ?

- So we are supposed to believe that two adults who have a FIVE year old and a BABY in the house, medicate themselves so heavily they cannot be roused ?

Snipped from Sooty's post above

:D proof that her sleuthing skills are the same as her acting ones - abysmal

Very convenient that she takes medication to help her sleep and it knocks her out so completely. Guess he was in charge of the toddler (despite being busy playing computer games).
Well, he said he also took meds that knocked him out too. Which is extraordinary :rolleyes:.

Apparently they both took knock out drops, with a baby, a 5 year old and a “youth” to care for…. Oh, and no clue the other was in the bed presumably? Although ofc, she thought he was gaming…

But btw, Cole sweats and changes a lot when he is awake, gaming all night. Understandable, it being so physical (!) … so presumably that would explain why the washing machine and clothing changes didn’t ring any bells for sleeping beauty :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

- What kind of 'sweaty' youths get up in the middle of the night to change their T-shirts ? Trying to implicate the youth for murder ?
^^rsbm

Actually, it was Cole that AW called a sweaty person that had to change his t-shirt at night, not the youth.

^^rsbbm

Conniving, *advertiser censored*****, vicious, manipulative'
S Burt asked Williamson about the lights switching on and off throughout the early hours of July 31.

The officer said: “Two people have left, you say it’s Jay and (the youth). They have gone there out in the street and turned right and a light has gone off and one in the kitchen. Is there an explanation?”

Williamson said: “I don’t know, I didn’t get up to get a drink… I did not switch the light on, I was asleep.”

The defendant said there were no dimmers on the light switch and there were no problems with it.

DS Burt said: “Two people are seen returning to the house, if you look at the image you can clearly see a figure in the gate.”

Williamson said: “I have no idea who that is, I can’t recognise that from a blurry photo.”

DS Burt said: “You see a person opens the gate after that person.”

Williamson said: “That’s got to be (the youth).”

She’s asked again about a light going on in the kitchen, on a third occasion the light was brighter.

Williamson said: “I have got blinds in my kitchen and sometimes they can drop.”

DS Burt said: “Do you have any recollection of lights or movement?”

Williamson said: “I was asleep, if I was awake I could have saved him, I could have helped him. I was asleep. If I was awake Logan would be alive.”

DS Burt said: “I understand this is difficult.”

Williamson said: “No you don’t, have you lost your child.”

When asked again about the lights, she said: “Can I give my opinion, it looks like someone is looking out of the blinds up and down. That is Jay.”

She was asked why she thought that.

Williamson said: “He’s a conniving, *advertiser censored*****, vicious, manipulative….I have read his records and he said he was a different person.”

Last edited:
I don’t muck about when it comes to my children'
Williamson was again asked about the 999 call, and she said she called the police five or six minutes after discovering Logan missing.

She said: “I don’t muck about when it comes to my children.”

The defendant was asked again why she thought it was Cole and the youth had moved Logan’s body. She said: “No one else has access to my property.”

The officer referred to Williamson saying Logan had a carpet burn on his arm.

Williamson said: “On the baby gate, he would trip over it. Logan trips over and catches his arms. Check his school record and you will see how clumsy he is…. He did it that day…

“He has bumps and bruises, he’s learning to ride a scooter. All those face marks weren’t there when I left him. When I left him in that bed he did not have a mark on his face.”

DS Burt said: “Was he well?”

Williamson said: “He had Covid but no symptoms whatsoever, he didn’t have a high temperature. That’s what p***** him off, he was in his bed and couldn’t let him out.”

DS Burt said: “Did he have any complaints about injury or feeling poorly?”

Williamson said: “No…. Maybe a couple of bruises on his knees, there was nothing on his arms or body.”

Last edited:
August 3 interview
The next interview took place on August 3, 2021, after Cole had given his account to police.

When officers made reference to Cole, Williamson said: “Ex partner please.”

When told Cole had given a different account, the defendant said: “Yes I’ve heard it, it’s an extravagant story.”

It was put to Williamson she had lied about what happened to Logan, that she and Cole had hit Logan and threw him on the bed, had ripped Logan’s pyjama top, that she had woken up Cole by shouting ‘He’s dead, Logan’s dead’, and Cole had carried him to the riverbank.

Williamson said: “This is not true, it’s a lie… this is incorrect, I put my child’s welfare first.”

She maintained her account that she was asleep throughout the night and woke in the morning to find Logan gone.

DS Burt said: “We need to find out what happened to him.”

Williamson said: “I would love to know what happened.”

When asked why her account was so different to Cole’s, she said: “Because John is a liar… Yes he’s lying. I went to sleep between 10am and 10.30am and was woken up by John…
“If you check the camera in my cell, I took my medication last night and it knocked me out for six. Two officers had to bellow at me to wake me up, does that prove the medication knocks me out?”

When asked why Cole would lie, she said: “He doesn’t want to get done for murder. He never wants to take responsibility for his actions… He’s trying to pass the blame”

When asked how she felt, she said: “The person I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with said he carried my dead son to a bank and left him there alone and got back in bed with me. I am *advertiser censored***** distraught. I wish I had never let this man into my child’s life.”

Last edited:
I doubt AW battered her son to death.

She'd better start singing like a canary if she doesn't want the whole world thinking she did.

Is it possible to know if JC was the one up awake in the small hours watching pimple poppers and abducted infant videos on youtube on AW's phone?

I guess establishing that AW was even awake in the small hours and time that JC and the youth (ie dwelling on the curtains moving / lights on, off) is extremely key to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1