UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cole added: “When he wouldn’t get up off of the floor I had to pick him up under his armpits…

wow, this is almost identical to what that awful Emma Tustin said about what happened before Arthur Labinjo Hughes died…. Trying to make out she’s was struggling to deal with a wild child… when in fact he was desperately trying to escape her violence.

John Cole uses the exact same description. Trying to make it seem that he was restraining a highly strung child. My 6 y/o son has autism and is extremely highly strung, sometimes I need to restrain him but in no way the manner described by JC. My son’s behaviour is nowhere even close to what JC describes above. Teachers and family will not recognise Logan in this above description, it’s obviously made up invented rubbish…

Prepared statement
After his prepared statement was read out, Cole was questioned by DC Neal.

When asked about Logan’s behaviour on July 30, Cole said: “He was screaming. We told him to to get back into his bed and he said ‘No’…. It varies, if you give in they pack it in quite fast if you stand your ground it escalates… Things like watching television all day, letting him eat what food he wants.”

DC Neal said: “Tell me what he was trying to get out of you?”

Cole said: “Angharad’s laptop, he wanted to watch films.”

DC Neal said: “Do you remember at any point giving in to him?”

Cole said: “I didn’t give in with the tablet or watching thelaptop. Neither did Angharad.”

DC Neal said: “How does his temper tantrums affect you?”

Cole said: “Stressful, I shout, I am quite a verbal person and quite loud. It varies with Angharad, she can be really calm but it also depends on what’s happening. She can’t cope at times. She gets distressed and says we need to hand him into social services… There’s been a number of occasions she’s turned round and said that.”

Logan Mwangi murder trial hears what his mum said in police interviews

Last edited by a moderator:
Cole claimed Logan was attention seeking in police interview
The court heard Cole and Williamson kept Logan in his room when he contracted Covid in order to prevent it from spreading

Cole said if Logan was naughty, hewould be sent to the naumghty corner to calm down. They also had baby monitors which they would use to keep an eye on Logan when he was in his room.

DC Neal asked about the toy which cut Logan’s eye.

Cole said: “It was an orange dinosaur. Plastic. We threw it in the bed after he threw it… We heard it, he said the toy hit him in the eye. He‘s got a small mark above his eyebrow.”

Cole also told the officer Logan would “pinch” himself.

He said: “He was lying on his stomach and pinching with his hands. His knees and elbows. He just rolled over the floor and threw a hissy fit.

“He was always pinching himself. I put him in the corner and he will sit there pinching his legs and wrist. He will bite himself, we give him pens and he will start digging them into himself.”

When asked what Williamson would do, he said: “She begged him to stop, crying at him saying ‘Please stop, please stop Logan’. When he’s put back in his room it starts again. He needs that constant attention.

“He kind of sits theresnarling at you, dagger looks and pinching himself.”

When asked if Logan’s behaviour made him feel angry, Cole said: “Frustrated but not angry.”

DC Neal said: “It sounds like (Logan’s) behaviour is getting worse.”

Cole said: “It’s attention seeking… We found it hard to connect with Logan. He spent 90% of his time in his room on his own. We both tried spending time with him any times he comes out but any time he doesn’t get his own way he starts kicking out more.”

I’ve had an ouchy’
Cole told the officer Logan liked playing the game “the floor is lava” and would jump on the bed and drawers.

When asked if Logan would cry out, Cole said: “He doesn’t always tell us but he will tell you at the end of the day ‘I’ve had an ouchy’. We’ve got to ask him ‘Where has that come from’. He told me his stomach hurts in the evening and he went to bed with no food.”

The interview also heard Cole claim Logan was swinging on the baby gate and he put the five-year-old back in his bedroom, when he claimed he began “pinching and biting” himself. He denied using any force or squeezing Logan.

Cole said Williamson carried out a lateral flow test on Logan and he tested negative so they removed the sheets and bedding from his room to “decontaminate” the bedroom of Covid.

The defendant claimed Logan was climbing the bath in an attempt to avoid showering.

He said: “Showers were very challenging with Logan from day one. He has a fear of water and he’s never really liked it.”

Cole also described Williamson as being a “clean freak” who would “always go around the house with a bottle of bleach of Dettol”.

I don’t think I hit him hard enough' - Cole told police
Cole was asked by police about the rip to Logan’s pyjama top and smacking Logan to the back of the head .

He said: “I clipped him, it wasn’t a swing.”

DC Neal said: “Did you cause him any injury?”

Cole said: “I may have have but I never intentionally did.”

DC Neal said: “Did he fall over or lose consciousness? On the post mortem he’s got a bleed on the brain, could that be from you?”

Cole said: “It could be yeah maybe, I don’t think I hit him hard enough to do that.”

The defendant was also asked about the moment he claimed he saw Logan dead.

DC Neal said: “Could you feel if he was warm or cold?”

Cole said: “I don’t know.”

It was also asked if Cole had caused the injury to Logan during CPR.

Coles said: “He was actually dead. I was trying to get him back. Angharad said she heard him take his last breath. I didn’t, I panicked.”

DC Neal said: “Is there any explanation as to why when faced with an unresponsive child you didn’t phone for a paramedic?”

Cole said: “(The initial response cannot be published) I just didn’t know what to *advertiser censored***** do. It was the point of being told he was dead and I tried to do CPR on him, that was my first instinct. I tried to compress his heart and give it breath and stuff.

“Angharad was frantic and hyperventilating. I have come in and there’s a dead child in front of me. I have not been approached with walking on a dead child before.”

DC Neal said: “Did it cross your mind to call a paramedic?”

Cole said: “I don’t know, I just panicked.”

The defendant denied either him or Williamson grabbed or struck Logan

He added: “I just found a dead child, you don’t want the child to be dead, you don’t want to kill a child. I don’t believe I took his life and I don’t believe Angharad did. I don’t know what’s happened here, I really don’t.”

I don’t think I hit him hard enough' - Cole told police
<Snipped by me>
He added: “I just found a dead child, you don’t want the child to be dead, you don’t want to kill a child. I don’t believe I took his life and I don’t believe Angharad did. I don’t know what’s happened here, I really don’t.”
BBM
Freudian slip?

How did you carry Logan?'
DC Neal said: “It sounds like that caused you a bit of distress.

“Is there anything you did during that day with all of this going on which might have accounted for what has happened to Logan here?”

Cole said: “Not that I am aware of.”

When asked about why he decided to dump Logan near the river, Cole said: “I was just panicking. I went down there and put him on the edge of the bank, looked up and (the youth) was there. I said ‘Come on (the youth) let’s go’... I literally put him down, heard sounds behind me and saw (the youth).”

DC Neal said: “How did you carry Logan?”

Cole said: “In my arms. I placed him down, he was lying on his side.”

DC Neal said: “He was found in the river.”

Cole said: “I didn’t put him in the river.”

DC Neal said: “I have seen that video of him being recovered, he was 10 feet out in the river, do you know how he came from the bank into the river?”

Cole said: “No.”

DC Neal said: “Could (the youth) have moved him?”

Cole said: “No, (the youth) came nowhere near him.”

DC Neal said: “Not a lot of thought went into how you dumped Logan?”

Cole said: “No.”

The defendant said he went back out to dump the pyjama top across the bridge.

Cole said the sheets were washed to “decontaminate after Covid”. She said on the phone to her mother that Logan had wet the bed.

Which was it, lying liars?

ETA not quite accurate, apologies. AW told her mother he needs a sheet because he wets the bed and she didn’t understand why it was in the machine,

Last edited:
Is this reading out of a police interview with different readers taking parts in a sort of dramatic fashion typical? Is this instead of or in addition to direct testimony? They only got the details of his injuries later on. If he had an attorney, why would he keep talking after his written statement? This isn't meant to be critical of the system. It's somewhat different than what I'm used to.

Logan's injuries
Cole is questioned about Logan’s injuries.

DC Neal read out the full extent of Logan’s injuries picked up in the post mortem, including brain injuries, a torn liver, internal bleeding and blunt force trauma to his stomach as well as fractured collarbone.

When asked if there was an explanation for this, Cole said: “I don’t know, that’s why I don’t understand.”

Cole was also asked if Logan was bleeding and if noticed blood on a Paw Patrol pillowcase.

The defendant said he didn’t.

He also said he initially gave CPR to Logan on the bed but moved him to the floor

Cole said the sheets were washed to “decontaminate after Covid”. She said on the phone to her mother that Logan had wet the bed.

Which was it, lying liars?

I don't think she said he had wet the bed. She said he has to have a sheet on the bed because he wets the bed, but there was no sheet on the bed, why had Jay taken it off?

Is this reading out of a police interview with different readers taking parts in a sort of dramatic fashion typical? Is this instead of or in addition to direct testimony? They only got the details of his injuries later on. If he had an attorney, why would he keep talking after his written statement? This isn't meant to be critical of the system. It's somewhat different than what I'm used to.
My thoughts are that once he was confronted with the cctv of him carrying Logan’s body he knew he had to plead guilty to that. But he had to then give further “explanations” as to why he didn’t murder Logan as well, otherwise he probably knew from his brief that would be charged next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pearl lemon