UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The teaspoon in the coffee causing a burn doesn't have the ring of truth to me, but neither did the bathtub faucet story(child sitting in bathtub with scalding hot water for enough time to heat up the metal and at a very awkward angle). I'm a baker and work with high temperatures up to 550 F. At those temps it's not hard to get a burn.But water boils at 212F and coffee poured in a cup quickly loses it's heat. The act of taking it out of the cup would also reduce the temperature. If a spoon was used to cause the burn, I believe it would've been heated on a fire for the metal to be hot enough to cause a burn mark as opposed to a general red mark. JMO

I agree. My grandpa used to burn the back of my hand with his hot teaspoon. It was done as a joke, like you would give someone a little fright just to see them jump. It was funny. It was a momentary sting, gone before you knew it happened. OK, so the spoon might have been held longer on Logan's skin, but a teaspoon loses any residual heat very quickly. It wouldn't be hot enough from a hot drink to leave a mark IMO.

Defendant asked about Williamson's medication
John Cole, who is giving evidence, was asked about Angaharad Williamson’s medication and he said he was not aware of any side effects.

He said: “She’s been on this medication long-term so her body is kind of used to it.”

Mr Elias said: “Did she express any concerns about the medication and side effects?”

Cole said: “Not really.”

Logan Mwangi murder trial continues with defendant giving evidence

Day before Logan's death was 'crazy'
John Cole, who is in the witness box, was asked about the events of Friday, July 30, 2021.

He said: “It was crazy. Logan was kicking off, running around all over the place, not doing what he was told to do, refusing to eat, just misbehaving.” Mr Elias said: “How long did it go on?” Cole said: “All day.”

Mr Elias said: “What did you do in relation to Logan’s behaviour?” Cole said: “I’d put him in the naughty corner, put him in the room. Angharad tested him. He came back as negative so we decontaminated his room but we were still being cautious.”

Mr Elias said: “Why did you do that?” Cole said: “Because of Covid.”

Mr Elias said: “How many times did you put him in the corner?” Cole said: “A lot.”

When asked if he did anything Cole said he "smacked [Logan's] hand and clipped him around the back of his head".

Mr Elias said: “Why would you [slap his hand]?” Cole said: “When he was doing dangerous things.”

The defendant said Logan threw a toy, which bounced off the wall and hit him causing a small mark.

He said: “I smacked his hand I believe. I didn’t swing – it was just a tap.”

Cole also indicated smacking Cole back to the head. He said: “I didn’t swing, it was just a clip…. Just to stop him from doing dangerous stuff.”

Mr Elias said: “What effect did that have on Logan?”

Cole: “Nothing really… He was annoyed.”

If the coffee had just been made, i.e. hot water only, undiluted with milk, held against the skin, metal spoon being conductive of heat, then I believe a burn could have easily left a mark on LM.
It might be, considering child's neck skin is very delicate.

To even think of doing this to a child is simply mind boggling.

John Cole, who is in the witness box, was asked about the events of Friday, July 30, 2021.

He said: “It was crazy. Logan was kicking off, running around all over the place, not doing what he was told to do, refusing to eat, just misbehaving.” Mr Elias said: “How long did it go on?” Cole said: “All day.”

Mr Elias said: “What did you do in relation to Logan’s behaviour?” Cole said: “I’d put him in the naughty corner, put him in the room. Angharad tested him. He came back as negative so we decontaminated his room but we were still being cautious.”

Mr Elias said: “How many times did you put him in the corner?” Cole said: “A lot.”

When asked if he did anything Cole said he "smacked [Logan's] hand and clipped him around the back of his head".

Mr Elias said: “Why would you [slap his hand]?” Cole said: “When he was doing dangerous things.”

The defendant said Logan threw a toy, which bounced off the wall and hit him causing a small mark.

Cole also indicated smacking Cole back to the head. He said: “I didn’t swing, it was just a clip…. Just to stop him from doing dangerous stuff.”

Smack a child JC so LM learns not not harm himself - Yeah, that makes sense :rolleyes:

The toy bounced off the wall and left a mark on his eye, so he got a smack, instead a cuddle for an accident :mad:

Last edited:

There is a LOT of minimising going on here. I am inclined to believe the house was chaotic. But i would be reading between the lines here and putting most of this down to their abominable parenting.

That said, maybe ALL of this is a fabrication and Logan is already poorly in his bed at this stage and ALL of this is a complete fabrication to cover a little boy deteriorating over the course of the day from injuries already incurred. We’ll never know the truth as none of them will tell the truth as I suspect they are all in some way culpable and so need to somehow navigate a web of lies that puts themselves in a good light to try to imply they were each somehow in bed asleep when the fatal injuries were inflicted later on.

I agree. My grandpa used to burn the back of my hand with his hot teaspoon. It was done as a joke, like you would give someone a little fright just to see them jump. It was funny. It was a momentary sting, gone before you knew it happened. OK, so the spoon might have been held longer on Logan's skin, but a teaspoon loses any residual heat very quickly. It wouldn't be hot enough from a hot drink to leave a mark IMO.

I had the same from my parents!

And ... it's also 'a thing' on Tiktok 'when you're annoyed with your partner but the kids are around' was one I saw.

Cole says Logan went to bed 'with no food' after refusing to eat
John Cole is in the witness box. He continues to talk about Logan’s behaviour on July 30, 2021.

He said: “We had to pick him up a few times when he refused to get up when he was in the kitchen room and the hallway….. Underneath his arms, took him to his bedroom and back to the naughty corner.”

His barrister David Elias QC said: “What did you do?”

Cole said: “I put him on the bed, dropped him down, and walked out….. It weren’t a throw, I just dropped him sort of thing.”

Mr Elias said: “How did he land on the bed?” Cole said: “I don’t know…. He just growled at me.”

Mr Elias said: “Did you see Angharad do anything to Logan?” Cole said: “She went to clip him around the head and caught his cheek. She picked him up by his collar and his top ripped.”

Mr Elias said: “What was Logan doing?” Cole said: “We were in the kitchen, he asked to do something. Angharad went to clip him and it caught him around the cheek…. She didn’t punch him, it weren’t any major force.”

Mr Elias said: “What was Logan wearing?” Cole said: “He had his dinosaur pyjamas on.” He said Williamson picked Logan up by the back of the collar and it ripped. Mr Elias said: “What happened to Logan?” Cole replied: “I don’t know, I think she took him to the bedroom.”

The defendant was asked about Logan’s meals on that day. Mr Elias said: “Had Logan eaten anything that day?” Cole said: “No he had breakfast but he didn’t eat anything.”

Mr Elias said: “Was that your decision or his decision?” Cole said: “His decision.”

Mr Elias said: “Did that cause you concerns?” Cole said: “Obviously yes…. We tried to feed him at lunchtime and at dinner time but he wouldn’t eat.”

He added: “He put the food in his mouth and he wouldn’t swallow it, he wouldn’t chew, so we put him to bed with no food eventually.”

Cole said he and Williamson gave Logan a shower. He said: “Showering Logan is never a straightforward process…. He doesn’t like water, he was climbing out the bath and wouldn’t stay still… We had to get him to sit down by the plughole.

Mr Elias said: “Did you do anything during the shower to cause any injury?”

Cole said: “Not that I’m aware of…… He was running around and slipping and sliding all over the bath…. It’s what he always did.”

The teaspoon in the coffee causing a burn doesn't have the ring of truth to me, but neither did the bathtub faucet story(child sitting in bathtub with scalding hot water for enough time to heat up the metal and at a very awkward angle). I'm a baker and work with high temperatures up to 550 F. At those temps it's not hard to get a burn.But water boils at 212F and coffee poured in a cup quickly loses it's heat. The act of taking it out of the cup would also reduce the temperature. If a spoon was used to cause the burn, I believe it would've been heated on a fire for the metal to be hot enough to cause a burn mark as opposed to a general red mark. JMO

You absolutely can get a burn from a teaspoon in a coffee cup. Believe me.

That doesn't mean that's what happened in this case of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meowmeowface143