UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of abused or neglected children learn fairly early on that there’s no point crying or making a fuss because either no one is particularly interested or they will get battered more for crying so they stay quiet.
So true but so heartbreaking to accept. This sweet Logan had so many severe injuries---for who knows how long. That's why I think all three should be held responsible and found Guilty. Any one of them could have sought help for this poor kid. :(

Philip Dewey, Court Correspondent
  • Updated 10:15, 28 MAR 2022
The trial of a mum, a stepdad and a teenage boy, who are accused of murdering a five-year-old boy, is set to resume.

Logan Mwangi murder trial - live updates

That is good to hear,I was expecting to have an update to say it was cancelled due to the youth's covid.

10:54Philip Dewey

Trial resumes DC Carol Saunders to read interviews

The trial resumes.

Junior barrister Claire Pickthall calls the next witness to give evidence who is detective constable Carol Saunders.

She carried out the interviews of the youth defendant, which will be subsequently read out to the court.

Logan Mwangi murder trial - live updates

I'm not sure why you believe that she took such powerful sedatives, I'm not even sure that such powerful drugs exist for use at home? I think that this whole argument comes from her statements which only seek to distance her from what ultimately happened to Logan, I don't really believe what she says MOO

Indeed there is no value to anything she says as she lies and fabricates too much. However, when it comes to her alleged ailments, I am aware that powerful sedating medications (the same sort that are often used as anti-psychotics) can be prescribed.

It's more to the point that she is so stupid she doesn't even realise what she's implying when she makes these types of statements. If she's hoping to be 'excused' from covering up Logan's death (the charge of perverting the course of justice) due to being 'knocked out' then it's a very weak argument.

You don’t have to buy it, but it does happen that a new partner comes along. The couple have a new baby and a half sibling with a different parent is pushed out (at best) or abused/killed (at worst)
<modsnip: referenced post removed>

Totally agree with this and am aware. I suppose my point is - if people think the baby was safe from it's own mother, JC, and the Youth, in this instance - then I respectfully disagree.

A baby in a household like that could have surely been fatally injured or severely harmed on purpose, by accident, or incidentally, at any moment. I am looking at it the other way around and asking, if that baby was 'safe' in the house - where was it located in all this madness 24 hours a day and who was supervising it in this madness 24 hours a day? I suggest it was permanently dangerously located in a chaotic, terrifying, violent, household and was permanently lacking in a good level of care appropriate to the high levels of need and physical vulnerability of a one year old.

Indeed there is no value to anything she says as she lies and fabricates too much. However, when it comes to her alleged ailments, I am aware that powerful sedating medications (the same sort that are often used as anti-psychotics) can be prescribed.

It's more to the point that she is so stupid she doesn't even realise what she's implying when she makes these types of statements. If she's hoping to be 'excused' from covering up Logan's death (the charge of perverting the course of justice) due to being 'knocked out' then it's a very weak argument.
Emphasis on alleged though. Hypothetically, a GP is not going to prescribe epilepsy medication to a person with fake seizures. Nor is the same hypothetical GP going to be able to provide certain medications that can only be prescribed by a psychiatrist.

Totally agree with this and am aware. I suppose my point is - if people think the baby was safe from it's own mother, JC, and the Youth, in this instance - then I respectfully disagree.

A baby in a household like that could have surely been fatally injured or severely harmed on purpose, by accident, or incidentally, at any moment. I am looking at it the other way around and asking, if that baby was 'safe' in the house - where was it located in all this madness 24 hours a day and who was supervising it in this madness 24 hours a day? I suggest it was permanently dangerously located in a chaotic, terrifying, violent, household and was permanently lacking in a good level of care appropriate to the high levels of need and physical vulnerability of a one year old.
I suppose safe is a relative term. Baby appears to have been safer than Logan, he wasn’t targeted in the same manner. However, yes there are several risks in the household, so the baby is more unsafe than in a household with less, or no risks. That I can agree with.

Emphasis on alleged though. Hypothetically, a GP is not going to prescribe epilepsy medication to a person with fake seizures. Nor is the same hypothetical GP going to be able to provide certain medications that can only be prescribed by a psychiatrist.

Anti-psychotics of the type referenced can be prescribed by GP alone. Indeed, they are handed out like sweeties these days. The one I was on has a range of efficacy for different conditions depending on the dosage being taken, so is widely used.

11:32PHILIP DEWEY
First interview
The first interview took place at Bridgend Bridewell police station.

DC Saunders: “Do you know what a court is?”

Youth: “So you can get put to jail”

DC Saunders: “What do you think the court might think? (If he doesn’t tell the officer something he uses in defence)”

Youth: “That I’m not honest.”

The youth was told he was arrested on suspicion of murdering Logan.

It’s put to the youth he said it was quiet on Saturday, July 31, morning and he thought Logan was sleeping.

The youth agreed.

The police went on to say the youth told officers Cole and Williamson went to check on Logan and found him missing. They began calling him before looking for him.

Youth: “I helped them look for him.”

It was put to the youth that he and Cole looked for Logan until they were stopped by a postman.

Youth: “It should be policeman, not a postman.”

Referring to the youth’s account, DC Saunders said he told officer Logan went to bed at 9.30pm, the youth agrees.”

11:36PHILIP DEWEY
'Do you know who was responsible?
DC Saunders: “You have been arrested on suspicion of murdering Logan. Are you responsible?”

Youth: “No.”

DC Saunders: “Do you know who was responsible?”

DC Saunders: “Are you responsible for causing an injury to Logan?”

DC Saunders: “Do you know who’s responsible for causing any injury to Logan?”

DC Saunders: “Can you tell me what happened to Logan?”

Youth: “No, I don’t know.”

I guess Police checked with her doctor to verify her claim, no?
I guess routine searches of the property following Logan’s murder will have uncovered prescriptions. Also she may have collected some from the house under supervision when they had to move out. It shouldn’t be too hard to confirm either way IMO.

DC Saunders: “You have been arrested on suspicion of murdering Logan. Are you responsible?”
DC Saunders: “Do you know who was responsible?”
DC Saunders: “Are you responsible for causing an injury to Logan?”
DC Saunders: “Do you know who’s responsible for causing any injury to Logan?”
DC Saunders: “Can you tell me what happened to Logan?”
Youth: “No, I don’t know.”

Oddly enough, the youth is smarter than his two adult care-givers, in terms of protecting himself legally.

Last edited:
12:11PHILIP DEWEY
Youth first told police he went to river to throw rubbish in it
The youth is asked to explain the events of the evening of June 30, 2021, the day before Logan’s body is found.

He said: “So at 9pm Logan was put to bed, (they) let Logan watch the rest of Pokemon Journey because he likes it and put him to bed. I said goodnight to him. (They) put him to bed and gave him his Olaf pillow.

“(Cole) tucked him in, said goodnight, closed the babygate….”

The youth said later on in the night he and Cole spoke about rubbish in the back garden.

He said: “We grabbed some of the rubbish, I don’t know what time, and chucked it in the river because it would have cost hundreds of pounds to get rid of it. It was in black bags, I don’t know what was in it, and chucked the bag in the river….

“We went back out 20 minutes later to check if they had gone down…. We didn’t want to wake anybody up.”

The youth said the next morning, he said Cole and Williamson went to check on Logan and saw he was missing.

He said: “(Williamson) looked out the back, and (youth and Cole) went to everywhere it said; the stone where we throw stones, the jungle, (the schools), the park. We came back to check if (Williamson) was ok, she obviously weren’t…

“(Williamson) phoned the police saying he was missing, while on the call to you we went and looked at those locations but he was nowhere to be seen. We came and checked on (Williamson) and went up the park. We checked there and came back down to look after “(Williamson) and after that the police came and they said we needed to stay in the house.

“(Williamson was trying to ask them what was going on, (Cole) asked them and I asked them but they weren’t telling us. Other than that I can’t remember anything else.”

12:16PHILIP DEWEY
Youth told police he could remember what Logan was wearing, but couldn't recall what clothes he had on
DC Saunders asked the youth about his account.

He repeated that Cole took Logan into his bedroom, tucked him in, kissed him goodnight.

DC Saunders: “Can you tell me about the lights in Logan’s room?”

Youth: “They were off.”

DC Saunders: “Can you describe Logan’s quilt?”

Youth: “Paw Patrol, Olaf pillow, Olaf teddy and normal Paw Patrol pillow.”

The defendant said he watched the film Space Jam that night.

DC Saunders: “Do you remember what Logan was wearing?”

Youth: “He was wearing a Spiderman top and dinosaur pyjama bottoms. I don’t know what Spiderman top.”

DC Saunders: “Are you able to unlock the babygate?”

Youth: “t’s fiddly but I can open it.”

DC Saunders: “Can Logan open it?”

Youth: “Yes.”

When asked what he was wearing that night, the youth said he couldn’t remember.

DC Saunders: “What happened to the lights?”

Youth: “They got turned off.”

DC Saunders: “Who turned them off.”

Youth: “(Cole).”

12:32BENJAMIN WRIGHT
Five bin bags
When asked about the trip to dump rubbish in the river, the youth said he and Cole began speaking about the rubbish but he couldn’t remember what time it was.

Youth: “We said who’s going to carry what bag and we went out, took the bags, took them and threw them in the river…..”

DC Saunders: “Did he turn the lights on?”

DC Saunders: “Did you turn any lights on?”

Youth: “No, there was no lights in the living room.”

He added: “We were on about how many bags and what bags were there, where the bags were and what bags needed to be taken out. They’re just black bags, I don’t know what was in them, just polystyrene and broken toys. It was all the stuff in the back garden and we all bagged it up.”

DC Saunders: “Were you involved in bagging it up?”

DC Saunders: “Did you see what was inside the bags?”

DC Saunders: “How many bags?”

Youth: “Three, there were five left I think.”

DC Saunders: “But you took three?”

DC Saunders: “What did (Cole) say about the rubbish?”

Youth: “He was just saying we need to get rid of some. It was going to cost hundreds, someone phoned up and asked how much it was going to take them and he said quite a few tonne.”

DC Saunders: “What did (Cole) say about getting rid of those bags?”

Youth: “He didn’t say anything… We just picked up the three bags, went through, went to the river chucked them out.”

The youth said he didn’t carry any of the bags to the river and Cole carried them.

He said five bags were left by the wooden fence in the back garden.

Youth: “I picked up two, (Cole) picked up one and I helped him get through (the front door). I passed them back to him… The back gate is loud and we didn’t want to wake anybody up.”

Anti-psychotics of the type referenced can be prescribed by GP alone. Indeed, they are handed out like sweeties these days. The one I was on has a range of efficacy for different conditions depending on the dosage being taken, so is widely used.

Sad but true, it not difficult to get extremely chemical cosh meds straight from GP

12:32BENJAMIN WRIGHT
Five bin bags
When asked about the trip to dump rubbish in the river, the youth said he and Cole began speaking about the rubbish but he couldn’t remember what time it was.

Youth: “We said who’s going to carry what bag and we went out, took the bags, took them and threw them in the river…..”

DC Saunders: “Did he turn the lights on?”

DC Saunders: “Did you turn any lights on?”

Youth: “No, there was no lights in the living room.”

He added: “We were on about how many bags and what bags were there, where the bags were and what bags needed to be taken out. They’re just black bags, I don’t know what was in them, just polystyrene and broken toys. It was all the stuff in the back garden and we all bagged it up.”

DC Saunders: “Were you involved in bagging it up?”

DC Saunders: “Did you see what was inside the bags?”

DC Saunders: “How many bags?”

Youth: “Three, there were five left I think.”

DC Saunders: “But you took three?”

DC Saunders: “What did (Cole) say about the rubbish?”

Youth: “He was just saying we need to get rid of some. It was going to cost hundreds, someone phoned up and asked how much it was going to take them and he said quite a few tonne.”

DC Saunders: “What did (Cole) say about getting rid of those bags?”

Youth: “He didn’t say anything… We just picked up the three bags, went through, went to the river chucked them out.”

The youth said he didn’t carry any of the bags to the river and Cole carried them.

He said five bags were left by the wooden fence in the back garden.

Youth: “I picked up two, (Cole) picked up one and I helped him get through (the front door). I passed them back to him… The back gate is loud and we didn’t want to wake anybody up.”

So now we know the story that these three were going to originally stick to.

Seems like the Youth is the only person who could be relied upon to learn the story and stay with it.
However, he has clearly revealed himself to be a firm liar so nothing he says means anything.

Seems their story was:

- Logan went to bed like normal;
- AW went to bed and took her sleeping med;
- In the small hours JC and Youth cleared rubbish and dumped bin bags in the river;
- AW wakes up to discover Logan missing, screams and alerts, accuses a woman of abducting Logan.

Did they really believe that police and forensic detectives are going to fall for this garbage?
Did they really imagine the local people, Logan's friends, their neighbours, and the woman accused are going to just accept this?
They must have spent *considerable time* discussing and rehearsing one another and most especially the youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee