UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite some years back now i had two children under 4. My 4yr son was full of mischief and energy, hard work some days. My then partner said the words "im gonna f...ing end up killing (son)". I made one phone call and i was gone with my children. That was 23 years ago.

Another post regarding local waste collection.

The local council offer fair rates compared to other counties in the UK for bulky waste removal.

They obviously do not own a vehicle between them but they would have been more than able to acquire the help of a friend or relative and the use of their vehicle for a quick run to the dump that is literally down the road. Five bags fit fine in the boot/lowered back seats of even your smallest cars.

There are also local companies that offer very affordable 'tip runs' (around £25 for a small load like 5 bin bags)

I will update this post with local links on the distance to the local 'tip/dump' and local competetive/council prices for 'bulky' waste removal (much more than 5 five black bin bags) Apologies if it takes me a short while, I'm stuck on mobile. Beats a dr pimple popper video though, eh?

This bin bag story has never held up, I suggest that is down to the youth's naïveté and focus on the very heavy fines for dumping that he'd likely be more aware of and the random insinuation by adults thst "it costs too much so easier to flytip"... JMO

Edited to add links

Apologies if my image attachment doesn't work, I'm still getting to grips with this forum!
The distance by car from Lower Llansantffraid to the local Civil Waste Amenity Site is approx. 1.9-2.7 miles, taking either 6 or 8 minutes respectively.
Screenshot-20220407-213425-Brave (link to google maps route to nearest of many civil waste disposal sites)

Here's the local county council price for waste removal Bulky waste - Bridgend CBC
The service costs £21.42 for up to three items. Additional items can be collected for £5.57 each, up to a maximum of 15 items. There is no limit on how many times you can book a bulky waste collection.

(Keep in mind that bulky waste removal includes sofas and fridges so bags would cost under £40 regardless, free if they could drop it off at the very local tip themselves - oh! loose small waste has a maximum charge of £25)
Plus there are lots of local waste removal companies constantly advertising on Facebook offering to pick up bin bags for £2 each. However I imagine they often fly tipped in the river, as many sadly do

Plus there are lots of local waste removal companies constantly advertising on Facebook offering to pick up bin bags for £2 each. However I imagine they often fly tipped in the river, as many sadly do
Oh absolutely, I still live fairly local and sadly see it almost daily in a few spots. Lazy people dumping their bags and crap near an overencumbered local bin. Chatted with some of the council waste collection guys recently and we all agreed it was getting worse.

It's such a shame, really ruins the natural beauty of the area. That river is especially not a place for dumping rubbish, let alone your "little Loges, bless 'im - that you loved the bones of" :(

I still think the bag disposal and flytipping thing is feasible in their eyes - easy to say it's only £25 etc when you're not living on benefits. Bulk waste disposal generally refers to white goods and sofas etc rather than the broken toys mentioned. And during lockdown you couldn't be rounding up friends to load up a car (especially when so covid conscious like AW claims!)

It's really an irrelevant debate though I guess, so I'll leave it.

Apologies if slightly off-topic but when I lived in the area and was going through years of domestic violence, I know from experience that in this area overhearing quarrels and domestics is common. My abuser was very loud (onesided) and despite the neighbours knowing exactly what was going on and gossiping about it, very few police calls were made over a 7 year period.

Thankfully a few calls were made over the years and the final call that saved my life was made by a neighbour. I came close to dying that night but the police had visited the property a few times and decided that this night they weren't going to leave.

I tried in vain to find the neighbour that made the call, nobody would own up to it and I really just wanted to thank them, they knew he was getting charged and evicted but nobody would own up.

It's sad but the attitude is very much to mind one's own business and gossip for most locals.

I would like to echo other victims of domestic violence that have posted in these threads that leaving such a situation can be incredible diffucult due to social and familial circumstances. I was homeless for 6 months and left the property in massive debt due to real coercive control and with only what I was wearing. I thank my lucky stars the man was infertile every day. I couldn't face going home to Mam and burdening her.

I do not believe that AW was scared of JC nor the youth. She comes across as a blagger, almost munchausensesque in her collecting of victim points and seemingly made up illnesses. Not once has she suffered a seizure during the trial and she's clearly under a great deal of stress.

All JMO of course
You raise some good points. I am a survivor of domestic violence. I remember one summers day, I ran into the garden screaming, trying to escape him. The next door neighbours were out in the garden, music playing . The music stopped-so that they could listen. My ex caught up with me and battered me.
I hoped that the neighbours would call the police and they didn't.
The best of it is-they were both social workers.
I eventually escaped with my children. What I don't understand about AW is, why didn't she text a friend to ask them to ring the police or something?
My experience was pre mobile phones, so that wasn't an option for me. I was terrified to ring the police on the house phone, if he'd caught me, by the time the police had arrived, I would have been dead. If I had a mobile, I would have texted a friend and asked them to phone the police.

I still think the bag disposal and flytipping thing is feasible in their eyes - easy to say it's only £25 etc when you're not living on benefits. Bulk waste disposal generally refers to white goods and sofas etc rather than the broken toys mentioned. And during lockdown you couldn't be rounding up friends to load up a car (especially when so covid conscious like AW claims!)

It's really an irrelevant debate though I guess, so I'll leave it.

I respect your point about not wanting to burden anyone if you were overly covid conscious, that still doesn't account for local services thst regularly post flyers through doors offering council competitive prices.

The council does dispose of extra black bags, usually under tge £25 charge for smaller items as listed in the link.

Regardless, If you give me all of ten minutes I could find you some local businesses that would gladly remove 5 bin bags for £25 same day during lockdown.

I had to use one at one point during lockdown while having a clearout! ;)

You raise some good points. I am a survivor of domestic violence. I remember one summers day, I ran into the garden screaming, trying to escape him. The next door neighbours were out in the garden, music playing . The music stopped-so that they could listen. My ex caught up with me and battered me.
I hoped that the neighbours would call the police and they didn't.
The best of it is-they were both social workers.
I eventually escaped with my children. What I don't understand about AW is, why didn't she text a friend to ask them to ring the police or something?
My experience was pre mobile phones, so that wasn't an option for me. I was terrified to ring the police on the house phone, if he'd caught me, by the time the police had arrived, I would have been dead. If I had a mobile, I would have texted a friend and asked them to phone the police.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been through so much, especially with children to consider. Huge props for getting out. I had a mobile but he would break it and the housephone and the bathroom door if I was trying to shelter or stay safe. Almost every door in our two floor maisonette was punched through several times. I always joke (morbidly, it helps) that maisonettes are worse since you get thrown down the stairs twice. Apologies for the dark humour if it's not your thing <3

Williamson said: “No you can’t ….. You can’t fake that after seeing your son’s cold, wet, dead body.”

When did she see his 'cold, wet, dead body?' She saw him in the hospital, but he wasn't wet at the time, was he?

Williamson said: “No because I didn’t think he would be capable of doing this….. I never thought he would kill my son, it never crossed my mind.”

And yet, her excuse for not getting help for her battered child, was that she was afraid JC was going to kill her or Logan. But now she says 'it never crossed my mind?'

Belatedly - I'd like to add my thanks to Sooty for another very efficient long day's work on bringing us the Wales online reports.
I've been catching up and also looking back and think that the factual detail accumulated by the prosecution must in the end overcome all the contradictory lies of JC and AW. The youth is a bit more difficult to pin down: there's plenty of evidence that he is a disturbed character with a propensity for violence, and like JC he's well able to fend off interrogation, but it seems to me less clear what his responsibility was for these crimes.

I cannot think that the jury will believe either JC or the youth rushed back to the house,jumped over a wall, rather than using their normal route ,just to put the lights on and off and twitch the curtains.
Agree. If they were so conscious of the cctv, they would have jumped the wall when walking out with the dead body they were carrying, to avoid being seen altogether. JMO

We learned from the Youth's caseworker that he'd been noted as very aggressive since age 8, and the most difficult assessment in all her years.

IMO, JC and the youth bonded very early in his life because of his aggressive, combative behavior as it was something that JC related to very well. (Unlike Logan and his childlike ways of needing cuddles and love).

And no way would the youth have wanted to sit back while bloody terror was taking place in that flat! He needed to be right in the thick of it with his ride or die JC. No coincidence that they each talked about taking the fall for each other since they were arrested. MOO

JC could have jogged to the local tip carrying 1/2 dozen bags with his SAS training.

Like you say, it's sloppier, lazier and easier to fly tip, but I suspect JC made the youth aware of possible prosecution if they got caught i.e. fines etc, 'sweat' 'fingerprints' like the youth had mentioned - They'd probably gone to the river to fly tip in the dark before IMO and JC had schooled the youth to avoid getting caught.
I hope he taught the youth 'phonics' too :rolleyes:

Not so much ……. Who Dares Wins

rather

Who Cares - Bins

A "ton" is common slang for £100 in the UK. Tons worth would mean several hundred pounds.

I was raised in Mid Wales so not sure if it's a Welsh thing or not, but I have used the term 'tonnes' before now, to just mean 'a lot'. Eg: There were tonnes of ladybirds flying round today. Obviously I wouldn't mean there were actually tonnes of ladybirds - cos that would be pretty mental lol

What a day …. Thanks sooty for all your hard work.
my take on today FWIW -
I read “ tonnes “ as meaning a lot ( like little Nikki said )
Did I read she was in receipt of £1500 PER MONTH benefits ? Wtf ? Why on earth would you need to be fly tipping anyway as she could of paid someone locally to recycle it.
The youth not giving evidence was no surprise - he wouldn’t be able to handle cross examination but it would of been interesting to hear his BS if nothing else.
I’m surprised that no medical evidence has been produced from the crown on AW’s supposed ailments, epilepsy/deafness etc - whilst this appears to be BS and all for show it’s never really been fully questioned.
I was asleep when the lights were going on and off - rubbish.
They came back and jumped over the wall and switched the lights on and off - see above.
I did not watch pimple popping videos and use my phone whilst my son lay dying - see above. The woman is a pathological liar.
Those two are going down, the youth I’m not so sure.
MOO
Sad to be back here after Sarah Everard tbh. This case is beyond tragic.

The 999 call.......

O: “What’s his name?”

W: “Logan Williamson, please… he’s five, please….He’s a little mixed race boy, he’s got his Spidey pyjamas on…

Mum accused of murdering son, 5, 'feigned shock', court told

Am I the only one that finds it weird that she starts the call by calling him 'a little mixed race boy'?

My kids are mixed race so I have no problem with that, but I don't open every conversation with a label like that. She could have described him with several facts and added that in, but that did jump out at me, for some reason...

What a day …. Thanks sooty for all your hard work.
my take on today FWIW -
I read “ tonnes “ as meaning a lot ( like little Nikki said )
Did I read she was in receipt of £1500 PER MONTH benefits ? Wtf ? Why on earth would you need to be fly tipping anyway as she could of paid someone locally to recycle it.
The youth not giving evidence was no surprise - he wouldn’t be able to handle cross examination but it would of been interesting to hear his BS if nothing else.

I’m surprised that no medical evidence has been produced from the crown on AW’s supposed ailments, epilepsy/deafness etc - whilst this appears to be BS and all for show it’s never really been fully questioned.

I was asleep when the lights were going on and off - rubbish.
They came back and jumped over the wall and switched the lights on and off - see above.
I did not watch pimple popping videos and use my phone whilst my son lay dying - see above. The woman is a pathological liar. Those two are going down, the youth I’m not so sure. MOO
Sad to be back here after Sarah Everard tbh. This case is beyond tragic.
^^bbm

I believe the defendant's medical history is somewhat protected and when deciding what was going to be admissible, the parties probably agreed that it was sufficed to say that after AW was examined, while in custody, the parties agreed the prosecution would provide the following:

• There was no recorded issue of Williamson suffering with her hearing.
  • An investigation found there was no cause of these seizures and she did not show any epileptic features.
  • AW was found to be suffering with non epileptic attack disorder. She has a reported history of non epileptic seizures.
  • Throughout 2020, AW complained of suffering symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis affecting her mobility and sensitivity of arms and legs.
  • The result of an MRI scan confirmed no abnormalities were present and blood tests were normal.
  • She visited the doctor complaining with chronic pain, of feeling dizzy, had issues with her mobility and was using crutches and made her feel low and anxious.
Logan Mwangi murder trial - live updates

However, that's not to say that if AW got on the stand and declared she had epilepsy, blah, blah, that AW would not have opened the door to her medical history, and the prosecution going after AW's alleged self-diagnosis, etc.

Also, relative to AW's medical issues, I think both JC and the youth may have inadvertently helped to show the jury that AW was just as good as JC at pretending she was something she was not. MOO

Refresher from the prosecution's case:

Toxicology

[..]

Angharad Williamson was found to have consumed a number of medications including:

• Gabapentin [anticonvulsant]*
  • Lamotrigine [anticonvulsant]*
  • Levetiracetam [anticonvulsant]*
  • Fluoxetine [antidepressant]*
  • Amitriptyline [mental/mood problems, can cause sleepiness]*
In a previous document, Williamson was described as the following: “Ms Williamson is very much her own person and knows to voice her concerns as required. She remains responsible for her own health and medication.

“She explained her medication is not a sleeping pill but a nerve stimulant to help her relax. She explains she’s been able to parent independently.”

Logan Mwangi murder trial - live updates

ETA: * MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads