UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot remember when the Blackpool holiday was. Was it straight after school broke up on the 15th ,and then when they returned Logan was put straight into Covid isolation?

OT - I'm not here this morning, I'm spending a few hours with my friend, her 17 yr old son is palliative and quite probably nearing the end. She has nursed (alone) this profoundly disabled child all his life. She is broken. I can't help but compare her love and care, her sacrifice and every fight she's had to have with authorities for help, with AW and her complete lack of the same.

Sorry if this is an overshare.
My heart goes out to ya'll...

condolences-messages-feature-e1546885134401.jpg

I'm thinking that the pyjama top is the key to the lies. If it was cut off due to the pain Logan was in, that proves AW was aware of the extent of his injuries (I can't see JC/the youth showing any level of concern if he was in pain)and ties in with her being awake and the lights going on and off. She just can't bring herself to admit it, maybe because she thinks she will lose the baby.

JC and the youth have also been demonstrated to be lying and although JC has said it happened on AWs watch, avoids and evades any reference to what actually happened. I think if they were innocent they would have no reason not to say what really happened, whereas AW has said there was an attack by JC/the youth.

I'm leaning towards JC and maybe the youth for the murder charge and AW for causing/allowing the death.

I might be completely wrong, this is just my opinion based on what has been reported, and I don't think AW will see the baby again anyway.

I cannot remember when the Blackpool holiday was. Was it straight after school broke up on the 15th ,and then when they returned Logan was put straight into Covid isolation?
It was before school broke up -

The court was told about Logan’s school record.

Between May 10, 2021 and May 28, 2021, Logan attended morning and afternoon every day.

Between June 7 and June 11 the school was closed.

Between June 4 and June 11 Logan was absent from illness due to Covid-19.

Between June 14 and June 21, Logan attended a family holiday in Blackpool.

Between June 21 and July 15, Logan attended morning and afternoon every day.

On July 15 the school closed for summer holidays.

Prosecution closes cases in Logan Mwangi murder trial

I just bristled a bit because it was the very first thing she said about him, and he is not ty[ical of a mixed race child necessarily, in terms of his colouring and eye color and features etc. But it is probably just me, over reacting to it.
It wasn't the first thing though - the first thing she said was "he's five", which established age and sex.
I agree that he didn't look overtly mixed race from photos, but without ever having seen him in the flesh, I couldn't say. The term "mixed race" at least gave a guide to his colouring.

Obviously it was all fake as she knew dam well that he wasn't missing, but I don't see anything wrong with mentioning race. It's a major part of a description.

It was before school broke up -

The court was told about Logan’s school record.

Between May 10, 2021 and May 28, 2021, Logan attended morning and afternoon every day.

Between June 7 and June 11 the school was closed.

Between June 4 and June 11 Logan was absent from illness due to Covid-19.

Between June 14 and June 21, Logan attended a family holiday in Blackpool.

Between June 21 and July 15, Logan attended morning and afternoon every day.

On July 15 the school closed for summer holidays.

Prosecution closes cases in Logan Mwangi murder trial

Thanks,Tortoise. It seems suspicious that he had time off for Covid ,then the holiday in Blackpool. He was not at school from 7th June to 21st. He then had Covid again in July and neither time no other family member has been reported having it.

Edited to add:

I really would like to hear from people who saw them on holiday in Blackpool how Logan appeared to be. I would have thought they would have stayed in a B&B or holiday park with other guests around.

Last edited:
Thanks,Tortoise. It seems suspicious that he had time off for Covid ,then the holiday in Blackpool. He was not at school from 7th June to 21st. He then had Covid again in July and neither time no other family member has been reported having it.
I wonder why they tested him, with no symptoms, on the week of his murder, especially after having recently recovered.

I know we haven't quite reached the end of this horrific situation, I wanted to express my gratitude for everyone that has contributed to the threads.

I followed this murder since the start and would often get caught up in my own thoughts and opinions about all the varying possibilities. It was frustrating so I searched for more information and found WS. I began following this thread and I must say I am grateful for the intelligent opinions expressed. I realised that I wasn't alone in my thoughts, confusion, and frustration. I joined just a few days ago, despite following for some time, to add my own thoughts and ideas.

So thank you to everyone for sharing. Opinions, experiences, court updates, important links, and a desire to see justice for that beautiful boy. I believe that we will see justice soon, even if we never know the whole truth.
:)

I also joined Websleuths for the same reasons as you.

I hope you will stay and join us in other cases once Logan's trial ends.

I think that might be because of the timing of Easter,rather than a deliberate decision to give them lots of time to mull over the evidence.
Of course Easter is a factor. But court isn’t sitting today. Closing speeches are expected to finish on Wednesday and then the judge won’t sum up until after Easter. Justice Jefford is the head judge in Wales, I can’t remember the exact term, but will look it up and clarify. So if it’s a case of other matters she could have moved them if she wanted. All MOO

I just bristled a bit because it was the very first thing she said about him, and he is not ty[ical of a mixed race child necessarily, in terms of his colouring and eye color and features etc. But it is probably just me, over reacting to it.

I did too. I don't think you were over-reacting. It's one of the many things she said which are just off what I would expect her to say in the circumstances and suggest a preoccupation which isn't the one she's pretending to have. I am not saying mentioning someone's ethnicity is in itself, as a general rule, odd.

Of course Easter is a factor. But court isn’t sitting today. Closing speeches are expected to finish on Wednesday and then the judge won’t sum up until after Easter. Justice Jefford is the head judge in Wales, I can’t remember the exact term, but will look it up and clarify. So if it’s a case of other matters she could have moved them if she wanted. All MOO

Maybe she thinks it will take a while for the jury to come to a verdict and did not want a gap in their deliberations and wanted her summing up to be fresh in their memory.

Maybe she thinks it will take a while for the jury to come to a verdict and did not want a gap in their deliberations and wanted her summing up to be fresh in their memory.
That’s very likely. I think the unintended benefit is the jury have a lot longer to consider things before they have to start deliberating. MOO

That’s very likely. I think the unintended benefit is the jury have a lot longer to consider things before they have to start deliberating. MOO
I once asked about this, so the Jury members are off their work/jobs for a log time in this case, over 2 months, right?

Last edited:
I did too. I don't think you were over-reacting. It's one of the many things she said which are just off what I would expect her to say in the circumstances and suggest a preoccupation which isn't the one she's pretending to have.
I disagree. AW is someone who follows true crime (and that applies to everybody here!).
So she would know that race is a vital element of physical description when given to or by the police. Police descriptions always specify race.
I am not saying mentioning someone's ethnicity is in itself, as a general rule, odd.
Indeed it is not. It is as natural as mentioning the colour of someones's hair.

^^bbm

I believe the defendant's medical history is somewhat protected and when deciding what was going to be admissible, the parties probably agreed that it was sufficed to say that after AW was examined, while in custody, the parties agreed the prosecution would provide the following:

• There was no recorded issue of Williamson suffering with her hearing.
  • An investigation found there was no cause of these seizures and she did not show any epileptic features.
  • AW was found to be suffering with non epileptic attack disorder. She has a reported history of non epileptic seizures.
  • Throughout 2020, AW complained of suffering symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis affecting her mobility and sensitivity of arms and legs.
  • The result of an MRI scan confirmed no abnormalities were present and blood tests were normal.
  • She visited the doctor complaining with chronic pain, of feeling dizzy, had issues with her mobility and was using crutches and made her feel low and anxious.
Logan Mwangi murder trial - live updates

However, that's not to say that if AW got on the stand and declared she had epilepsy, blah, blah, that AW would not have opened the door to her medical history, and the prosecution going after AW's alleged self-diagnosis, etc.

Also, relative to AW's medical issues, I think both JC and the youth may have inadvertently helped to show the jury that AW was just as good as JC at pretending she was something she was not. MOO
Sounds like she's got fibromyalgia to me which is hard to diagnose and follows alot of the same symptoms as ms

I hope that they might be able to put it to the back of their minds and have time to relax over Easter.

They must have heard and seen some very upsetting evidence.

It will be very hard for them to have thoughts filling their minds and no one to discuss them with .

It's just a shame that the prosecution speech has to be followed by not one, but three, defence speeches. I hope the prosecution speech is strong enough to stick in their minds.

I hope that they might be able to put it to the back of their minds and have time to relax over Easter.

They must have heard and seen some very upsetting evidence.

It will be very hard for them to have thoughts filling their minds and no one to discuss them with .

If I was in their place I'd rather get it over and done with, it's just going to be going around in their heads

I did too. I don't think you were over-reacting. It's one of the many things she said which are just off what I would expect her to say in the circumstances and suggest a preoccupation which isn't the one she's pretending to have. I am not saying mentioning someone's ethnicity is in itself, as a general rule, odd.
I would never guess his ethnicity looking at his photos, JC even once described Logan's curls as "blonde".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper