UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus there are lots of local waste removal companies constantly advertising on Facebook offering to pick up bin bags for £2 each. However I imagine they often fly tipped in the river, as many sadly do

I'm about convinced that the trio's fly-tipping story is right up there with the Nike holdall bag -- a red herring.

I think everybody knows somebody similar to AW where in spite of consistent, refuse, recycling, garden, and even nappies-absorbent waste collection services by the Council, they complain about being underserved and their human rights being violated and for whatever reason manage to get additional services at no or little cost!

Actually, I think the regular services are more than adequate:

Services Schedule
Recycling collection
Tuesday every week
05/04/2022 12/04/2022
Refuse Sacks collection
Tuesday every other week
05/04/2022 19/04/2022
Absorbent Hygiene Products and Nappy service collection
Tuesday every other week

And if they were producing too much waste, I believe it was because they were too lazy to keep separate the waste from JC/Youth from AH's household for their respective dwellings.

https://bridgend.kier.co.uk/property/200002655950

Recycling, waste and environment - Bridgend CBC

A.A.Milne@A_AMilne

James James
Morrison Morrison
Weatherby George Dupree
Took great Care of his Mother,
Though he was only three.
James James Said to his Mother,
“Mother,” he said, said he;
“You must never go down to the end of the town,
if you don’t go down with me.” ~A.A.Milne #FridayFeeling

FPzCpibXoA0oN_P

10:13 PM · Apr 7, 2022 PT

In memory of Logan Mwangi, born to a mother that didn't deserve him. Never deserved such a precious boy.

I know we haven't quite reached the end of this horrific situation, I wanted to express my gratitude for everyone that has contributed to the threads.

I followed this murder since the start and would often get caught up in my own thoughts and opinions about all the varying possibilities. It was frustrating so I searched for more information and found WS. I began following this thread and I must say I am grateful for the intelligent opinions expressed. I realised that I wasn't alone in my thoughts, confusion, and frustration. I joined just a few days ago, despite following for some time, to add my own thoughts and ideas.

So thank you to everyone for sharing. Opinions, experiences, court updates, important links, and a desire to see justice for that beautiful boy. I believe that we will see justice soon, even if we never know the whole truth.
:)

My particular favourite today was her blaming teaching staff and social workers for not picking up on Logan's broken clavicle

To be fair, I don’t think she was blaming them. I think she was saying that they missed the broken clavicle too - not just her. Ie. In her eyes it can’t have been obvious or school staff would have noticed.
I have to admit, I’m not sure how school staff missed it.

^^bbm

I believe the defendant's medical history is somewhat protected and when deciding what was going to be admissible, the parties probably agreed that it was sufficed to say that after AW was examined, while in custody, the parties agreed the prosecution would provide the following:

• There was no recorded issue of Williamson suffering with her hearing.
  • An investigation found there was no cause of these seizures and she did not show any epileptic features.
  • AW was found to be suffering with non epileptic attack disorder. She has a reported history of non epileptic seizures.
  • Throughout 2020, AW complained of suffering symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis affecting her mobility and sensitivity of arms and legs.
  • The result of an MRI scan confirmed no abnormalities were present and blood tests were normal.
  • She visited the doctor complaining with chronic pain, of feeling dizzy, had issues with her mobility and was using crutches and made her feel low and anxious.
Logan Mwangi murder trial - live updates

However, that's not to say that if AW got on the stand and declared she had epilepsy, blah, blah, that AW would not have opened the door to her medical history, and the prosecution going after AW's alleged self-diagnosis, etc.

I was also surprised at the lack of questioning around AW’s self proclaimed health issues, but your explanation does make sense.

She is a ‘malingerer’, a hypochondriac, who was on top of her own fabricated illnesses enough to convince medical professionals she needed medication and to continue filling prescriptions to ensure she had a supply of said meds…yet apparently missed the signs that her son was mortally injured, that he had broken bones? Nah, AW could not, and still can’t, see beyond her own selfish needs and desires.

I would suggest (IMO) the fractured clavicle happened very soon after school broke up. I don't think his teachers would have missed it.

Trial quotes:

--

"Dr Williams said fracture healing to the left collarbone was said to be at least several weeks old with parts of the bone not quite knitted together. Surrounding fresh haemorrhaging cannot exclude a more recent injury or refracture."

--

"Mr Hipkin said: “A fractured clavicle would mean two things in life. Pain and secondly lack of mobility.”

Dr Williams said: “Yes.”"

--

Ms Rees now turns to the fractured clavicle Logan suffered, for which he did not receive medical care.

The barrister said: “How painful would you expect a fractured clavicle to be?”

Dr Stalker said: “It’s very painful like any other fractured bones, they are very very uncomfortable… Every time your arm is moved the clavicle is also moved and would cause additional pain

“It would have been very obvious it was painful.”

Ms Rees said: “Would you expect a caregiver, giving care to that child, to notice he had a fractured clavicle?”

Dr Stalker said: “I would expect so, it would be obvious when he was being dressed and undressed.”

--

Mr Hipkin said: “Logan would have been in pain, that pain wouldn’t have lasted for minutes or hours but more than days into weeks.”

Dr Stalker said: “It would.”

--

For anyone who queries whether Logan felt pain - re the earlier dislocated shoulder -

"It was agreed Logan was taken to the hospital by Williamson for a dislocated shoulder which he sustained at 5pm on August 15.

Williamson had tried to put it back in place, put it in a sling and gave Logan Calpol."

AW's police statement -

"I immediately saw Logan in a heap at the bottom of the first flight of stairs. He was screaming and appeared to be in a lot of pain."

Williamson’s statement continued: “Logan was resting his arm near his shoulder and he ate his dinner. I strapped him up with a makeshift strap, gave him Calpol and he watched a film in bed and fell asleep at 9pm. I checked on him every two hours and he appeared well.

“On August 16, I woke up at 6am when he went to the bathroom and gave him Calpol. His arm was still in a sling and movement was restricted. I put him back to bed."

--

"Ms Rees said: “She said the victim [Logan] was hit by her partner and said it was a ‘hard hit mind’. She said the victim had cried, she had comforted the victim and when it came to putting him to bed she had given Calpol. She said she woke up at 5am to find the victim missing and started panicking.”"

--

Logan's school record

"Between June 21 and July 15, Logan attended morning and afternoon every day.

On July 15 the school closed for summer holidays." [15 days before his murder]

--

link Prosecution closes cases in Logan Mwangi murder trial

Williamson said: “No you can’t ….. You can’t fake that after seeing your son’s cold, wet, dead body.”

When did she see his 'cold, wet, dead body?' She saw him in the hospital, but he wasn't wet at the time, was he?

I also thought this a slightly odd phrase for her to use but on looking back found that it was in the nurse's testimony:

'Logan was 'very, very cold and wet to touch,' says nurse

The next witness is Sarah Lee Thorne, a senior nurse at the Princess of Wales Hospital in Bridgend.

On the day Logan was brought into the hospital Ms Thorne was in the resuscitation room.

It was agreed CPR could stop because it was obvious that Logan had died, Ms Thorne tells the court.

Logan's body was wrapped in foil and she placed a blanket over him, she says. He was wearing a Spiderman top with black pyjama bottoms which had "neon characters" on them.

She remembers Logan was "very, very cold and wet to touch".'

"He had what I would describe as normal childhood bruising on his legs", she says.

Another nurse's account in the same section suggested AW only touched him as a public display of affection, but she kissed his body:

'Ms Rees asked: "After she spoke to police did you notice a change in Angharad?"

Ms O'Neill replied: "It was almost like something changed. She was quite aggressive with a nasty streak about her."'

She recalls Williamson seemed "frightened" to touch Logan's body with her hand hovering above him. She claims Williamson kissed his forehead but only after "making sure I was watching and seeing that she was being affectionate to Logan."'

Prosecution closes cases in Logan Mwangi murder trial

AW seems so conscious of the effect she is creating and what the media are making of it I wondered if she took that phrase from the first nurse's testimony, but that may be unfair. It could be a genuine recollection: that kiss must have left an awful impression on her.

Last edited:
Every time your arm is moved the clavicle is also moved and would cause additional pain

Curious thought- I'm wondering if the discarded PJ top that was found in pieces was removed by cutting/ripping to avoid any additional pain that would cause crying out? We do not know for certain when it was removed but the chilling thought that he was conscious enough to express pain, but the contaminated clothing needed to be removed? Only then reclothing after he passed.
MOO

Curious thought- I'm wondering if the discarded PJ top that was found in pieces was removed by cutting/ripping to avoid any additional pain that would cause crying out? We do not know for certain when it was removed but the chilling thought that he was conscious enough to express pain, but the contaminated clothing needed to be removed? Only then reclothing after he passed.
MOO

That would make more sense than it was cut off due to rigor mortis, as it would be equally difficult to put another top on him if that was the case. Poor boy, and I cannot imagine not seeking medical help in that circumstance.

OT - I'm not here this morning, I'm spending a few hours with my friend, her 17 yr old son is palliative and quite probably nearing the end. She has nursed (alone) this profoundly disabled child all his life. She is broken. I can't help but compare her love and care, her sacrifice and every fight she's had to have with authorities for help, with AW and her complete lack of the same.

Sorry if this is an overshare.

I feel like the judge has given the jury lots of time to mull over the evidence before she’s going to send them out to deliberate.

Refresher from the prosecution's case:

Toxicology

[..]

Angharad Williamson was found to have consumed a number of medications including:

• Gabapentin [anticonvulsant]*
  • Lamotrigine [anticonvulsant]*
  • Levetiracetam [anticonvulsant]*
  • Fluoxetine [antidepressant]*
  • Amitriptyline [mental/mood problems, can cause sleepiness]*
In a previous document, Williamson was described as the following: “Ms Williamson is very much her own person and knows to voice her concerns as required. She remains responsible for her own health and medication.

“She explained her medication is not a sleeping pill but a nerve stimulant to help her relax. She explains she’s been able to parent independently.”

Logan Mwangi murder trial - live updates

ETA: * MOO
I can tell you a bit about Amitriptyline and Gabapentin as I have used them both. Both were prescribed for nerve pain due to a medical condition. I think, and it is only my opinion, that she has researched what conditions are accepted for PIP benefits, and plays the symptoms even thought there is no medical evidence at this stage to support her claim. I pity her GP and surgery staff!

I've got a theory about the ripped/cut up pyjama top. Picking Logan up by the collar and ripping the collar is not going to remove a whole sleeve, or detach the front from the back by both side seams and shoulder seams.

I think it's possible AW was having problems dressing Logan with him having pain on moving his arm with a fractured clavicle. It's possible AW modified his pyjama top for this reason, removing a sleeve and opening up most of that side seam, so that she could slip it over his head without him having to raise his arm.

She wouldn't want him found in the modified top because it would show awareness of the fracture, so she put him in a different top after he died, casting it aside and forgetting about it until she saw it again when she went to remove the bed sheet to put in the wash. Then, thinking it could be found by police, she ripped the other seam to disguise the fact that the other seam had already been opened, and put it together with the earlier removed sleeve and told JC to get rid of all three pieces.

The only problem with this theory is that JC and Y both told police AW had picked him up by the collar causing it to rip. Maybe they agreed on a version when they went out to dispose of the top, so that they could distance themselves from the fractured collarbone.

The 999 call.......
O: “What’s his name?”
W: “Logan Williamson, please… he’s five, please….He’s a little mixed race boy, he’s got his Spidey pyjamas on…

Mum accused of murdering son, 5, 'feigned shock', court told

Am I the only one that finds it weird that she starts the call by calling him 'a little mixed race boy'?

My kids are mixed race so I have no problem with that, but I don't open every conversation with a label like that. She could have described him with several facts and added that in, but that did jump out at me, for some reason...
No, I don't find that "weird". Along with age, sex, and what he was wearing it seems like a basic element of describing a person.

I would suggest (IMO) the fractured clavicle happened very soon after school broke up. I don't think his teachers would have missed it.

Trial quotes:

--

"Dr Williams said fracture healing to the left collarbone was said to be at least several weeks old with parts of the bone not quite knitted together. Surrounding fresh haemorrhaging cannot exclude a more recent injury or refracture."

--

"Mr Hipkin said: “A fractured clavicle would mean two things in life. Pain and secondly lack of mobility.”

Dr Williams said: “Yes.”"

--

Ms Rees now turns to the fractured clavicle Logan suffered, for which he did not receive medical care.

The barrister said: “How painful would you expect a fractured clavicle to be?”

Dr Stalker said: “It’s very painful like any other fractured bones, they are very very uncomfortable… Every time your arm is moved the clavicle is also moved and would cause additional pain

“It would have been very obvious it was painful.”

Ms Rees said: “Would you expect a caregiver, giving care to that child, to notice he had a fractured clavicle?”

Dr Stalker said: “I would expect so, it would be obvious when he was being dressed and undressed.”

--

Mr Hipkin said: “Logan would have been in pain, that pain wouldn’t have lasted for minutes or hours but more than days into weeks.”

Dr Stalker said: “It would.”

--

For anyone who queries whether Logan felt pain - re the earlier dislocated shoulder -

"It was agreed Logan was taken to the hospital by Williamson for a dislocated shoulder which he sustained at 5pm on August 15.

Williamson had tried to put it back in place, put it in a sling and gave Logan Calpol."

AW's police statement -

"I immediately saw Logan in a heap at the bottom of the first flight of stairs. He was screaming and appeared to be in a lot of pain."

Williamson’s statement continued: “Logan was resting his arm near his shoulder and he ate his dinner. I strapped him up with a makeshift strap, gave him Calpol and he watched a film in bed and fell asleep at 9pm. I checked on him every two hours and he appeared well.

“On August 16, I woke up at 6am when he went to the bathroom and gave him Calpol. His arm was still in a sling and movement was restricted. I put him back to bed."

--

"Ms Rees said: “She said the victim [Logan] was hit by her partner and said it was a ‘hard hit mind’. She said the victim had cried, she had comforted the victim and when it came to putting him to bed she had given Calpol. She said she woke up at 5am to find the victim missing and started panicking.”"

--

Logan's school record

"Between June 21 and July 15, Logan attended morning and afternoon every day.

On July 15 the school closed for summer holidays." [15 days before his murder]

--

link Prosecution closes cases in Logan Mwangi murder trial

I totally agree. Teachers would not have missed it. Even if he had not told them he was in pain,they would have noted him restricting his movement .

No, I don't find that "weird". Along with age, sex, and what he was wearing it seems like a basic element of describing a person.
I just bristled a bit because it was the very first thing she said about him, and he is not ty[ical of a mixed race child necessarily, in terms of his colouring and eye color and features etc. But it is probably just me, over reacting to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid