UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s about 6 interviews worth. Here is the link but you may have to do a bit of scrolling!

Prosecution closes cases in Logan Mwangi murder trial
Thanks Sooty, v helpful.

Salient points for me as a refresh:

Initially youth said he didn’t go in Logan’s bedroom that night. On hearing JC said he did, youth’s solicitor request a break. After break, youth says he thought he was having a dream about going in the room which was why he said he didn’t. But he doesn’t remember anything about it.

Youth says he saw AW shaking Logan and pulling his PJ collar.

Youth says day before Logan’s body was dumped, he and JC discussed flytipping the rubbish. There were about 5 black sacks worth. He said it would have cost a fortune because there was tonnes worth (must have been some huuuge sacks IMO :rolleyes:).

He saw nothing other than JC carrying rubbish bags.

He heard nothing as he has dodgy hearing and thinks dreams are reality which confuses him.

My thoughts on the youth - thank goodness for the cctv, hard evidence which contradicts his story.

Thanks Sooty, v helpful.

Initially youth said he didn’t go in Logan’s bedroom that night. On hearing JC said he did, youth’s solicitor request a break. After break, youth says he thought he was having a dream about going in the room which was why he said he didn’t. But he doesn’t remember anything about it.

Youth says day before Logan’s body was dumped, he and JC discussed flytipping the rubbish. There were about 5 black sacks worth. He said it would have cost a fortune because there was tonnes worth (must have been some huuuge sacks IMO :rolleyes:).

He heard nothing as he has dodgy hearing and thinks dreams are reality which confuses him.

My thoughts on the youth - thank goodness for the cctv, hard evidence which contradicts his story.

Same dodgy hearing as AW !!

I cannot think that the jury will believe either JC or the youth rushed back to the house,jumped over a wall, rather than using their normal route ,just to put the lights on and off and twitch the curtains.

Not to purposefully turn on and off the lights maybe but to get something they'd forgotten or check something, maybe - just supposing that we believe Angharad wasn't involved.

I think she was, you think she was, everyone probably thinks she was but, it would be a very boring place if Websleuths was an echo chamber wouldn't it :)

Not to purposefully turn on and off the lights maybe but to get something they'd forgotten or check something, maybe - just supposing that we believe Angharad wasn't involved.

I think she was, you think she was, everyone probably thinks she was but, it would be a very boring place if Websleuths was an echo chamber wouldn't it :)

Even when people have been in agreement,I have never found Websleuths to be an echo chamber.

If they did sneak back, it would suggest they knew about the CCTV camera... but they clearly didn't or they wouldn't have been caught carrying Logan out in the first place.

Unless they just thought that no one would question the 'flytipping' story ... I can't honestly understand how they wouldn't think about CCTV - it's literally everywhere!

When you say "murder is life" does that mean the convicted stay in for the rest of their life or is there a possibility of parole?
A conviction for murder is a life sentence, but whole life tariffs are rare. The judge will use aggravating and mitigating factors to determine the minimum term before being eligible for parole.

To cover all the verdict and sentencing possibilities:
Murder - life with minimum term.
Manslaughter - up to life
PCOJ - up to life
Causing or allowing the death of a child: 14 years max

I see it much more as a documentary about all the work that goes on behind the scenes to bring a murderer/s to justice. It also can highlight what elements combined together to cause someone to commit murder.

I would certainly be interested in watching the documentary when it is broadcast.
True, it is. Maybe my emotions on the topic were not for here. It is more of a documentary and it does show how much the investigators care. Apologies

Thanks Sooty, v helpful.

A "ton" is common slang for £100 in the UK. Tons worth would mean several hundred pounds.

Last edited:
Unless they just thought that no one would question the 'flytipping' story ... I can't honestly understand how they wouldn't think about CCTV - it's literally everywhere!

In back gardens overlooking a park though? I don't think it would be a likely spot for municipal CCTV would it? Not like going to a shopping street for example. If I had dodgy neighbours I wouldn't tell them I'd installed a Ring doorbell or anything like that. It seems likely to me they didn't know. AW certainly seemed to be surprised there was video evidence at her early interview.

There are a few things that confuse me if anyone can help
1. Why doesnt the youth have to give evidence?
2. Why is JC and AWs baby not mentioned in the whole case? Where was the baby? Why doesnt AW refer to looking after the baby during that week?
3. Why was the youth in foster care and not with JC in the first place?
4. Why havent they asked JC why he said he'd have to go down for murder to protect the youth?
5. Why havent they asked the youth what he meant when he said he'd done something really bad but couldnt talk about it?

There are a few things that confuse me if anyone can help
1. Why doesnt the youth have to give evidence?
2. Why is JC and AWs baby not mentioned in the whole case? Where was the baby? Why doesnt AW refer to looking after the baby during that week?
3. Why was the youth in foster care and not with JC in the first place?
4. Why havent they asked JC why he said he'd have to go down for murder to protect the youth?
5. Why havent they asked the youth what he meant when he said he'd done something really bad but couldnt talk about it?

Hi - Welcome to Websleuths

1. He can’t be forced to give evidence. He has the right to decline.
2. The baby may have been mentioned but there could be a reporting restriction
3. Reporting for the youth is very limited. There are varying degrees of knowledge on here re his story but nothing can be written at this time.
4. They may have done and it just hasn’t been reported
5. Same as 4, the question may have been asked

A "ton" is common slang for £100 in the UK. Ton's worth would mean several hundred pounds.
I don’t agree with you actually, and suspect of all our WSers I’m possibly closer to London than most so I’m familiar with the slang for £100 :) :D

I think he meant tonnes in weight, implying extremely heavy. But that’s my take on it.

3. Reporting for the youth is very limited. There are varying degrees of knowledge on here re his story but nothing can be written at this time.

Thanks Alyce. I forgot that during reporting they said some things cant be reported due to legal reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members