UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the baby

Is it possible the baby has already been signed over for full adoption? Hence why no mention? So they can start a new life and forever more that child will not be 'known' in any way whatsoever via media reports ?

I don't believe AW has discovered a new found honesty but knowing the baby is never coming back might give her less to lie about ?

This is what I was thinking when I was musing on how much the baby has been mentioned earlier. If she was likely to be reunited or the baby was being cared for by her mum, for example, she would have a very powerful motivation to get off. I can see how she might care less now that she knows she’s lost her home, partner and both children.

I've always assumed mention of the baby has been cut out of reporting due to their age, would be interesting to know if that is the case.

Was it 18 months old last summer? It wasn't unusual for my son to be awake in the night at that age. Guess this wasn't a concern for AW when taking her medication at night though.

Anyone know the sleeping arrangements in the house? AW, JC and baby in one bedroom then Logan in a room with the youth when not isolating?

The front gardens overlooked the park.
There are houses at the back of AW's house and a small access road between them, with some garages.
I'd imagine someone had a private CCTV cam on the back of their house, out the back of AW's. I did try to look on google earth to see if I could see the cameras.
I think they may have thought there could have been cams, that's why they'd already prepped on the black bag/ rubbish story IMO

Oh thanks, that makes sense, I completely misread the layout.

Re the baby

Is it possible the baby has already been signed over for full adoption? Hence why no mention? So they can start a new life and forever more that child will not be 'known' in any way whatsoever via media reports ?

I don't believe AW has discovered a new found honesty but knowing the baby is never coming back might give her less to lie about ?
I would if thought they'd have to wait for the verdict before putting the child up for adoption. If someone(not in this case imo) wasn't guilty then it would be an awful thing to do depending on the circumstances obv

I would if thought they'd have to wait for the verdict before putting the child up for adoption. If someone(not in this case imo) wasn't guilty then it would be an awful thing to do depending on the circumstances obv

Social Services don't have to operate to a level of proof such as the courts do. Just the fact one child had died in suspicious circumstances and nobody was owning up to it is probably enough to make SS take any other children away and prevent her having care of any in the future.

It's frustrating that the youth will not be called to give evidence/face QC questions. If anyone would slip up when challenged I thought it might be him.

Which is probably exactly why he's not taking the stand. It seems a wise decision to me. I feel like if we knew a lot less about JC and AW right now their chances would be slightly better. They've shown themselves to be the liars they are.

It's very likely, going by the pathology, I agree. I just don't think he was screaming and crying at any point before though, either, or the neighbours would have said so.

Apologies if slightly off-topic but when I lived in the area and was going through years of domestic violence, I know from experience that in this area overhearing quarrels and domestics is common. My abuser was very loud (onesided) and despite the neighbours knowing exactly what was going on and gossiping about it, very few police calls were made over a 7 year period.

Thankfully a few calls were made over the years and the final call that saved my life was made by a neighbour. I came close to dying that night but the police had visited the property a few times and decided that this night they weren't going to leave.

I tried in vain to find the neighbour that made the call, nobody would own up to it and I really just wanted to thank them, they knew he was getting charged and evicted but nobody would own up.

It's sad but the attitude is very much to mind one's own business and gossip for most locals.

I would like to echo other victims of domestic violence that have posted in these threads that leaving such a situation can be incredible diffucult due to social and familial circumstances. I was homeless for 6 months and left the property in massive debt due to real coercive control and with only what I was wearing. I thank my lucky stars the man was infertile every day. I couldn't face going home to Mam and burdening her.

I do not believe that AW was scared of JC nor the youth. She comes across as a blagger, almost munchausensesque in her collecting of victim points and seemingly made up illnesses. Not once has she suffered a seizure during the trial and she's clearly under a great deal of stress.

All JMO of course

Not at all, that's why we are here for....

Were the schools testing students at the time?

It was the school Summer Hols in Wales....Just.......
No schools didn't test I don't think.

Bridgend
WalesSummer holiday 2021 – Bridgend – Wales Monday 26 July 2021 – Wednesday 1 September 2021 Bridgend UK

She once had 2 lovely children -
Now she has none.

She once was a manager -
Now her future looks bleak at only 30.

There were people around her ready to help if only she asked: mother, social workers, teachers at Logan's school, friends.

Apologies if slightly off-topic but when I lived in the area and was going through years of domestic violence, I know from experience that in this area overhearing quarrels and domestics is common. My abuser was very loud (onesided) and despite the neighbours knowing exactly what was going on and gossiping about it, very few police calls were made over a 7 year period.

Thankfully a few calls were made over the years and the final call that saved my life was made by a neighbour. I came close to dying that night but the police had visited the property a few times and decided that this night they weren't going to leave.

I tried in vain to find the neighbour that made the call, nobody would own up to it and I really just wanted to thank them, they knew he was getting charged and evicted but nobody would own up.

It's sad but the attitude is very much to mind one's own business and gossip for most locals.

I would like to echo other victims of domestic violence that have posted in these threads that leaving such a situation can be incredible diffucult due to social and familial circumstances. I was homeless for 6 months and left the property in massive debt due to real coercive control and with only what I was wearing. I thank my lucky stars the man was infertile every day. I couldn't face going home to Mam and burdening her.

I do not believe that AW was scared of JC nor the youth. She comes across as a blagger, almost munchausensesque in her collecting of victim points and seemingly made up illnesses. Not once has she suffered a seizure during the trial and she's clearly under a great deal of stress.

All JMO of course

Thank you for sharing, I'm sorry that happened to you.

Logan Mwangi murder trial latest as mum admits 'selfish' lies

Wiiliamson says she saw Cole punch Logan twice

The trial resumes

Prosecutor Caroline Rees QC asks Williamson about the alleged attack on Logan on July 29, 2021.

Ms Rees said: “How many times did John Cole punch Logan?”

Williamson said: “Twice… it was punch, punch”

Ms Rees said: “How did Logan react?”

Williamson said: “He got knocked back onto his bum and burnt his elbows on the carpet. He didn’t cry…. He was just taken aback.”

Ms Rees said: “(the youth) was called in for support

Williamson said: “He brought (the youth) in and said about the sweeping. The way was blocked so I couldn’t get to Logan. I was doing something in the kitchen….. It happened so quick I only got to him at the end of the sweep.

“I told Logan to go to his room, I tried to look for my phone, Jay towered over me, I said ‘Get away from me’ and he said ‘No’.....

“He blocked the kitchen off, I caught myself on baby gates and bruised my legs…. I ran up the pathway to get help, (the youth) intercepted me. I hopped over the wall…. I screamed and shouted…. People stopped but no one came to help….. I went back in and Jay and I had a conversation

Ms Rees said: “When was the threat to kill Logan?”

Williamson said: “When I came back in. I said I want to leave. I said if this happens again I’m leaving. He said ‘If you leave because of Logan I’ll kill him’.”
“He blocked the kitchen off, I caught myself on baby gates and bruised my legs…. I ran up the pathway to get help, (the youth) intercepted me. I hopped over the wall…. I screamed and shouted…. People stopped but no one came to help….. I went back in and Jay and I had a conversation."

Did she yell for those who stopped, to call 'PLEASE 999' for her, because her child needed help? If she truly wanted to protect him she could have done so. JMO

Another post regarding local waste collection.

The local council offer fair rates compared to other counties in the UK for bulky waste removal.

They obviously do not own a vehicle between them but they would have been more than able to acquire the help of a friend or relative and the use of their vehicle for a quick run to the dump that is literally down the road. Five bags fit fine in the boot/lowered back seats of even your smallest cars.

There are also local companies that offer very affordable 'tip runs' (around £25 for a small load like 5 bin bags)

I will update this post with local links on the distance to the local 'tip/dump' and local competetive/council prices for 'bulky' waste removal (much more than 5 five black bin bags) Apologies if it takes me a short while, I'm stuck on mobile. Beats a dr pimple popper video though, eh?

This bin bag story has never held up, I suggest that is down to the youth's naïveté and focus on the very heavy fines for dumping that he'd likely be more aware of and the random insinuation by adults thst "it costs too much so easier to flytip"... JMO

Edited to add links

Apologies if my image attachment doesn't work, I'm still getting to grips with this forum!
The distance by car from Lower Llansantffraid to the local Civil Waste Amenity Site is approx. 1.9-2.7 miles, taking either 6 or 8 minutes respectively.
Screenshot-20220407-213425-Brave (link to google maps route to nearest of many civil waste disposal sites)

Here's the local county council price for waste removal Bulky waste - Bridgend CBC
The service costs £21.42 for up to three items. Additional items can be collected for £5.57 each, up to a maximum of 15 items. There is no limit on how many times you can book a bulky waste collection.

(Keep in mind that bulky waste removal includes sofas and fridges so bags would cost under £40 regardless, free if they could drop it off at the very local tip themselves - oh! loose small waste has a maximum charge of £25)

Last edited:
Another post regarding local waste collection.

The local council offer fair rates compared to other counties in the UK for bulky waste removal.

They obviously do not own a vehicle between them but they would have been more than able to acquire the help of a friend or relative and the use of their vehicle for a quick run to the dump that is literally down the road. Five bags fit fine in the boot/lowered back seats of even your smallest cars.

There are also local companies that offer very affordable 'tip runs' (around £25 for a small load like 5 bin bags)

I will update this post with local links on the distance to the local 'tip/dump' and local competetive/council prices for 'bulky' waste removal (much more than 5 five black bin bags) Apologies if it takes me a short while, I'm stuck on mobile. Beats a dr pimple popper video though, eh?

This bin bag story has never held up, I suggest that is down to the youth's naïveté and focus on the very heavy fines for dumping that he'd likely be more aware of and the random insinuation by adults thst "it costs too much so easier to flytip"... JMO

JC could have jogged to the local tip carrying 1/2 dozen bags with his SAS training.

Like you say, it's sloppier, lazier and easier to fly tip, but I suspect JC made the youth aware of possible prosecution if they got caught i.e. fines etc, 'sweat' 'fingerprints' like the youth had mentioned - They'd probably gone to the river to fly tip in the dark before IMO and JC had schooled the youth to avoid getting caught.
I hope he taught the youth 'phonics' too :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members