UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This MSM is dated 2018 but I'm sure others are as surprised as I am about what was uncovered on CCTV.

Cardiff is the fourth most watched area in the whole of the UK

CCTV statistics show just how much we are being watched in Wales
I think this will turn out to be a homeowner's device. There are no structures opposite the house (it's open ground leading to the river) for a camera to have been erected by a corporation.

For this camera to have picked up curtain and window movements, lights going on and off, movements inside the bedroom, the social worker on the doorstep, family members going in and out and an altercation by the gate I think it was very likely a doorbell camera, and Logan's bedroom at the front of the house, the window on the right of the porch. (JMO)

AW doesn't appear to have been aware of it with the lies she told, although she may have forgotten, but it's a strange detail.

_123383576_mwangihouse.jpg

The ground-floor flat where the prosecution say Logan was murdered

0_Logan-Mwangi-murder-trial.jpg

A view of the ground floor maisonette, 5 Lower Llansantffraid, in Sarn, Bridgend, where five-year-old Logan Mwangi, also known as Logan Williamson, lived

A view of the ground floor maisonette (first block, second garden in from left) where five-year-old Logan Mwangi lived and the River Ogmore (at bottom right) in Sarn, Bridgend, where his body was discovered on July 31, 2021.

links for pictures
Logan Mwangi murder trial: Jury visit house and river

Mum accused of murdering son, 5, 'feigned shock', court told

Last edited:
I think this will turn out to be a homeowner's device. There are no structures opposite the house (it's open ground leading to the river) for a camera to have been erected by a corporation.

For this camera to have picked up curtain and window movements, lights going on and off, movements inside the bedroom, the social worker on the doorstep, family members going in and out and an altercation by the gate I think it was very likely a doorbell camera, and Logan's bedroom at the front of the house, the window on the right of the porch. (JMO)

AW doesn't appear to have been aware of it with the lies she told, although she may have forgotten, but it's a strange detail.

_123383576_mwangihouse.jpg

The ground-floor flat where the prosecution say Logan was murdered

A view of the ground floor maisonette, 5 Lower Llansantffraid, in Sarn, Bridgend, where five-year-old Logan Mwangi, also known as Logan Williamson, lived

A view of the ground floor maisonette (first block, second garden in from left) where five-year-old Logan Mwangi lived and the River Ogmore (at bottom right) in Sarn, Bridgend, where his body was discovered on July 31, 2021.

links for pictures
Logan Mwangi murder trial: Jury visit house and river

Mum accused of murdering son, 5, 'feigned shock', court told
Thanks, @Tortoise. I'm curious why investigators/the Court wouldn't just call it homeowner surveillance vs CCTV?

I had a quick look at google maps street view. IMO the camera footage comes from the right hand side (if you are stood outside the flat facing the river) due to angles and on the left one of the houses has shrubs/trees that obscure the view. MOO

I do genuinely wonder if this is how she treated Logan, if the youth got exactly the same treatment. Could it even explain his disability potentially? She's been involved in giving 1 child a traumatic brain injury it would appear....

Doesn't make it right, obviously, but I have some sympathy if this is what he grew up with.

I do genuinely wonder if this is how she treated Logan, if the youth got exactly the same treatment. Could it even explain his disability potentially? She's been involved in giving 1 child a traumatic brain injury it would appear....

Doesn't make it right, obviously, but I have some sympathy if this is what he grew up with.

Huh? I believe the youth is the ward of boyfriend Cole who has only been in her life for three years. I don't think the mom (Williamson) had much influence here and obviously had no control over him based on the video of the teen harassing Williamson.

IMO, mom joined the club of many before her that gave up her kid for a man -- not to mention a brutal killer. MOO

Huh? I believe the youth is the ward of boyfriend Cole who has only been in her life for three years. I don't think the mom (Williamson) had much influence here and obviously had no control over him based on the video of the teen harassing Williamson.

IMO, mom joined the club of many before her that gave up her kid for a man -- not to mention a brutal killer. MOO

Whoops it's been a while since last year. All blurred in my head. :) Wrote that on the assumption they were both hers.

Did this creepy family even know about all these surveillance cams in their area? Probably not, with the way they were dealing with the disposal situation. ?
They aren’t surveillance cameras in the true sense of the word though. Lots and lots of people in the U.K. (I can’t speak for other countries) have door cameras now. They can be obtained really cheaply and are easy to install and run. We’ve got one because I’m disabled and it means I can see who’s at the door without having to get up and find out. Recording what’s going on outside is a sort of added bonus if you like rather than the main purpose of it. So you’re probably right in thinking it wouldn’t have occurred to them that they would be caught on camera.

They aren’t surveillance cameras in the true sense of the word though. Lots and lots of people in the U.K. (I can’t speak for other countries) have door cameras now. They can be obtained really cheaply and are easy to install and run. We’ve got one because I’m disabled and it means I can see who’s at the door without having to get up and find out. Recording what’s going on outside is a sort of added bonus if you like rather than the main purpose of it. So you’re probably right in thinking it wouldn’t have occurred to them that they would be caught on camera.

I'm not 100% sure but I think LM's bedroom was at the back of the flat.
There's a lane running behind the flats with other houses/bungalows backing on (back gardens)
I think it's more likely there's a house along that lane that has CCTV, possibly to protect sheds or garages. (LM's curtains opening and closing)
Straining my eyes to see if I can see one!

ETA but do agree that doorcams probably picked JC and youth up at the front of the house too.

Google Maps

Floor plan and particulars of the house........
Property details for 5 Lower Llansantffraid Sarn Bridgend CF32 9NN - Zoopla

Last edited:
Court 5 - sitting at 10:30 am
MRS JUSTICE JEFFORD DBE

SITTING AT 10:30 am
Trial (Part Heard)

T20217285 COLE John M 62CL0590021 CVALM CPS
WILLIAMSON Angharad 62CL0590021
****** ****** 62CL0590021

T20217383 ****** ****** 62CL0590021 CVALM CPS

T20217385 WILLIAMSON Angharad 52NF0010121 CVALM CPS

Trial due to get back underway at 10:30.

Day four of case begins
The trial resumes.

Mrs Justice Jefford DBE addresses the jury.

She says the trial will not be sitting on Wednesday morning.

The judge also reminds the jury not to discuss the case with anyone outside the jury and not to look at any reports on the trial.

Officer who found Logan's body called to give evidence
The first live witness to give evidence in the trial is PC Lauren Keen. She is the officer who discovered Logan’s body in the River Ogmore.

She is being questioned by prosecutor Caroline Rees QC.

The officer was on duty on the morning of July 31, 2021, and attended the Sarn area of Bridgend following reports of a missing five-year-old boy.

She started her search at 5.55am in Sarn and began an area search of Pandy Park. An aerial photograph of Pandy Park is shown to the jury.

The officer walked a perimeter of the park before locating Logan in the river.

Police officer describes moment she found boy's body
PC Lauren Keen said she spoke to two men walking dogs near Pandy Park and checked hedge openings leading to the River Ogmore.

Prosecutor Caroline Rees QC said: “Did there come a time at 6.10am where you discovered a child in the river?”

PC Keen said: “PCSO [Peter] Freeth said he entered a hedge opening and said he could see a child laying in the river. Straightaway, I was five metres away, I ran straight over to his location and activated my body-worn camera.

“I walked down a muddy embankment, it was six foot long, there were two large boulders four foot into the river…

“Logan was laying on his right side in an open foetal position. He was submerged under the water.”

Ms Rees said: “What did you do?”

PC Keen said: “I went into the water, took three strides to get where he was, and picked Logan up in my arms and took him up to where PCSO Freeth was.”

Ms Rees said: “Could you see his face?”

PC Keen said: “I wasn’t able to see his face initially until I picked him up. I could see he had an injury to the left side of his face, his eyes were open, his lips were blue. Immediately I formed the opinion Logan was deceased.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member