Found Deceased UK - Nathan Cole, 32, frm Notting Hill, W London, said going to gig in Camden, but last seen 10.46pm on 158 bus Black Horse Road, E17, 21 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was thinking about the timeline again. It was reported his brother received text message at 9:30 pm from Nathan to say he was going to the gig in Camden. 35 minutes later he was seven miles from Camden at a newsagents in Walthamstow buying cans of lager.

This led the family to theorise a friend was going to the gig but cancelled at last minute and speculated that Nathan was going to meet up with the nameless friend in Walthamstow instead. Albeit the family seemed a bit unsure as they said his closest friends don't live in Walthamstow.

The fact that the news reports of his movements started from the newsagents in Walthamstow and not before then leads me to believe there is no evidence of him being in other unusual areas of London before Walthamstow otherwise the police would have released it to help gain more info from members of the public. Therefore I think it's reasonable to suggest Nathan started his journey on Saturday night in his home of Notting Hill.

I also think it's reasonable to suggest he would have travelled on the tube to get to Walthamstow as he was seen travelling on other public transport that night. I had a look at the tube times online and for a Saturday evening at 9:30pm it says the journey from Notting Hill to Blackhorse Road station should take 32 minutes which would take it to 10:02 pm. Nathan was seen on CCTV in a newsagents very near to Blackhorse Road station buying a bunch of alcohol at 10:05pm.

As mentioned previously 9:30 pm was also the time he texted his brother to say he was going to the gig in Camden. So if he did go on the tube to Walthamstow from his home starting at 9:30pm, which would fit in the timeline, it would have been possible to text his brother from the platform then but once on the tube the whole route from then on was underground so I don't see how he would have been able to receive a text from this supposed friend in the meantime about the friend's cancellation at any time between leaving Notting Hill to arriving at Blackhorse Road. This leads me to believe Nathan had already made his mind up at 9:30pm that he wasn't going to the Camden gig even though he was telling his brother at the same time that he was going.

Something else I spotted in the news articles is Nathan had a masters degree in pharmacology. In my opinion having expertise in this field would make it more likely he would have known what would have been the best toxic cocktail of alcohol and drugs. I'm not saying that played a role in Nathan's death, but I just found it an interesting tidbit of info.

Last edited:
Ah, I just realized that no one had posted a much earlier news item which had a map of Nathan's movements in Walthamstow, so I'll post it instead.

I mentioned in a post before that the bus journey he took struck me as a bit odd. After buying the alcohol he boarded to bus. As you will see on the map Nathan departed the bus at Walthamstow Academy. From CCTV info He then walked back on the route he had just come in the he bus on Billet road before eventually making his way to Banbury Road.

If it was his plan to get to Banbury road as soon as possible on way to meet the theorised friend, he could have got there in quicker time had he got off at a bus stop near where you see a sharp bend in the Billet Road. That wasn't even the final bus stop he could have got off before Walthamstow Academy. His bus journey would have been about half the time and his journey on foot from departing the bus would have been two-thirds less.

skynews-walthamstow-nathan-cole_6040974.jpg

Yesterday (Tuesday) the father revealed some new info in response to a question in the comments under one of the recent Nathan Cole Tiktok videos. I won't quote him or link to the video in order not to fall foul of the forum rules.

I'm devastated to hear that Nathan has passed away, may he rest in peace. I searched his name here on WS in case there was a thread for him as I live in Camden. How devastating. I'm confused as to whether the suggestion is he has been a victim of serious crime or whether he maybe took his own life. The canals are pretty dodgy places late at night.

I'm devastated to hear that Nathan has passed away, may he rest in peace. I searched his name here on WS in case there was a thread for him as I live in Camden. How devastating. I'm confused as to whether the suggestion is he has been a victim of serious crime or whether he maybe took his own life. The canals are pretty dodgy places late at night.

From info I've seen in the news reports, and also from different/other info I've seen on social media from his family which can't be posted on this forum, my own opinion is that it was more fairly likely a suicide.

I would like to stress this is my own opinion so I could be wrong.

Last edited:
From info I've seen in the news reports, and also from different/other info I've seen on social media from his family which can't be posted on this forum, my own opinion is that it was more fairly likely a suicide.

I would like to stress this is my own opinion so I could be wrong.
Catching up here.... Was he found in a canal?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8
Back