Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they updated this? I didn't notice the bit before about him speaking to a woman who found the dog.

From this link :

We are especially keen to find a witness we believe was in the area at the time Nicola went missing. He is described as a man aged around 70, white, six ft tall, well-built who was walking a small white fluffy dog on a lead. He spoke to the woman in the area who found Nicola's dog near a bench in the field before walking in the direction of Rowanwater. If this is you, or if you know who this could be, please get in touch.

I thought this info would have come out before now if it was the woman who found the dog that he spoke to? Didn’t she alert the school who then alerted Nicola’s husband.

Have they updated this? I didn't notice the bit before about him speaking to a woman who found the dog.

From this link :

We are especially keen to find a witness we believe was in the area at the time Nicola went missing. He is described as a man aged around 70, white, six ft tall, well-built who was walking a small white fluffy dog on a lead. He spoke to the woman in the area who found Nicola's dog near a bench in the field before walking in the direction of Rowanwater. If this is you, or if you know who this could be, please get in touch.

This was mentioned on the live sky report, I forgot to post that information. It was said at the same time they broke the news about the potential key witness so I don't think it is more news after the fact.

Maybe she was rushing and didn't have time to put the harness on Willow?
Yes, if the bench was at the beginning of the walk. Perhaps Willow got exited and bolted off towards the river? Seems odd that in that situation she’d just leave her phone though rather that pick it up while trying to fetch the dog.

So do this now mean the original witness has changed their story at all ? It does seem strange that this is only coming out today it is significant to say the least they could have been the last person to see nb alive. Alternatively could the police be trying to flush someone else out into the open with their no foul play, missing person investigation?

On the updated sky news report for the potential witness it doesn’t say anything about him speaking to the person who found willow and who consequently contacted the school. It just says the 70 year old man spoke to ‘a’ woman and then made off in the direction of Romanwater.

Makes me wonder if this man has seen something at the bench area then seen another walker on the path and mentioned the ‘something’ he seen and this is why it has took this long for the appeal. People can be slow off the mark with info, especially the elderly.

Still confused part of me says Nicola may have walked away but leaving her children would be very unlikely. I think there is more to come out yet. Don't see this as an accident and no evidence at the scene of a struggle. There is a time lapse between last sighting and finding the dog which would allow for other scenarios away from the site by the river.

So do this now mean the original witness has changed their story at all ? It does seem strange that this is only coming out today it is significant to say the least they could have been the last person to see nb alive. Alternatively could the police be trying to flush someone else out into the open with their no foul play, missing person investigation?
Maybe they were looking in to it to start with but now obviously need help to find him.

Can someone link a map please showing the river/bench area and route along to Romanwater please. Also marking the school route from river/bench. I’m sorry I don’t have time to make one.

Still confused part of me says Nicola may have walked away but leaving her children would be very unlikely. I think there is more to come out yet. Don't see this as an accident and no evidence at the scene of a struggle. There is a time lapse between last sighting and finding the dog which would allow for other scenarios away from the site by the river.
Agree, it’s

I think they were hoping he may come forward of his own accord, but after appeals have been put out and he’s not been forthcoming or spotted on his usual walk the police have had to highlight him.
I'm thinking he has not been spotted on his usual walk. However, do they have that whole area cordoned off? If so he physically cannot make his usual walk.

I think they are flummoxed. This is why they’re asking for the man who may have seen her to come forward. The fact there seems to be no trace and they’ve reported she has links to another area may indicate they think she’s disappeared intentionally.

I think they were hoping he may come forward of his own accord, but after appeals have been put out and he’s not been forthcoming or spotted on his usual walk the police have had to highlight him.
Isn’t that unusual not to have come forward by now? If you live in that area you would be well aware of the search / missing posters / news / request for sightings?? We obviously don’t know what was said between him and the woman that found the dog. I don’t know maybe that’s just me. Or perhaps he doesn’t live in the area and hasn’t seen the news. JMO.

Isn’t that unusual not to have come forward by now? If you live in that area you would be well aware of the search / missing posters / news / request for sightings?? We obviously don’t know what was said between him and the woman that found the dog. I don’t know maybe that’s just me. Or perhaps he doesn’t live in the area and hasn’t seen the news. JMO.
I suppose if you saw nothing you would have no reason to come forward or even think about coming forward.

Yes I want to know exactly who reported the sighting because the police officer is also asking for dashcam to see if she was captured - “Supt Sally Riley appealed to anyone who was driving through St Michael’s at around 9.15am on January 27 to examine their dashcam footage to see if they had captured Nicola as she began her walk on the road bridge over the river."

Do you think the police are disputing the sighting by the member of the public? Or they want to see whether she was with anyone or being followed?
It is all very weird - in another interview the Supt stated that they did not know how the children got to school! Surely, they would have figured that out by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321