Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was the way it was written in the article more than anything. If you look at it again you can read the whole article two different ways and that just adds to the confusion. It is so key to the whole investigation as far as iam concenred.

Did ‘both’ of them maybe drop the kids off, a car share with dog also. She got out car to walk dog and he then went to work or maybe caught a bus/train?! Of course MSM reported that her car was in the car park but who knows if that reporting is even correct. When the police were asked about a possible vehicle the police woman shot it down by saying ‘Nicola was on foot’ and really just came across like she didn’t want to discuss a vehicle hmmmm

It was incredibly foggy here on Saturday morning...you couldn't see Blackpool Tower at all.

<modsnip - comments from other platforms not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Just adding my thoughts here, to this very sad case.

I do not think she fell in the river by accident.
I do not think she has deliberately gone into the river or run off.
I do think someone has gone to great lengths to make it look like she was on a normal dog walking trip - even adding the conference call touch - and to then make it appear that a random stranger has been behind this, or one of the above.
I do think she may sadly have come to harm as a result.

All imo of course.
On that basis and iam agreeing with you, it would have had to be someone who knew her then or knew about the conference call.

This was originally an 8 min long press conference but seems to have been snipped. Anyone got a link to the original? Thanks.
In this PC, she says she is not sure how NB got from her home in Inskip to St Michael’s - so we don’t know if she took the car, if she got a lift or if she took public transport. The police maybe do know but are not letting the public know at the moment as it may form part of the investigation. JMO.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I think the fact that the river isn’t very deep suggests to me that if she did fall in the river she must have hit her head and knocked herself unconscious for her to have drowned. JMO. I’m still thinking along the lines of something sinister. IMO.

Yes that is correct if you watch the PC here she says she doesn’t know how NB got to St Michael’s village. (Or they do know but are keeping cards close to their chest)

Yeah someone way up-thread mentioned how they thought when she was asked about a vehicle she sort of paused and swerved the question.

I think the school run and the car situ is what we are not being told about for obvious reasons which are unknown to us at present but obviously are leads they are exploring.

This whole case is baffling. My initial thought was she had innocently went into the water but I feel she would have been found by now so I am now leaning on either <modsnip>fell in unconscious further down the river or something else entirely. My brain hurts.

Yes poor wording from article IMO

Police 'indicated' she did school run.

As Firstsnow4's clip shows - this doesn't seem to have been confirmed yet

I think we have to all agree that if she was at the school, the police would have cleared this with many people very early on. Her daughters, other parents, teachers (maybe), school/village cctv. What we aren’t being told is if she took the car, where her car is and if anyone else was with her in car. JMO

BUT (a contradiction to what I prev wrote) what if her daughters walked into school together - a 9 year old and a 6 year old it wouldn’t be that strange. Maybe the 6 year old likes to feel independent meeting friends at the gate and walking to her line. That would mean no1 would have seen NB at the school apart from her daughters of course but then why would they lie.

If NB dropped the children to school, other parents must have physically seen her, and not just the car.
If PA dropped the children to school, ditto.
If NB dropped the children to school, was the dog in the car?
If PA dropped the children to school, did NB walk with the dog to the place NB belongings found?
If NB walked, is there any witnesses that saw her walking with the dog along the road? Is there any dashcam or doorbell footage?
If NB walked, you would think that she will have been caught on some kind of video footage.
If the car was parked in the school car park, there either is or is not CCTV footage available.

Last edited:
Yes definitely IMO police are deliberately sort of confusing us (public) about this whole car thing.
I am 99% sure they would know how her morning went. With regards to who dropped kids off at school and who had the car etc etc. i mean it’s just a 2 parent family. They would both have known what the other was doing.

Perhaps they are waiting for someone to ‘trip up’ on some information.
MOO

Seems the Media also don’t know what is correct with the whole car ride to school/how she got to the walking area.

I find all the chatter and MSM referring to her FB post about fog and it being 'spooky' as being significant... I always find fog spooky! I live in the woods and find it spooky, but equally when I go into the village or towns, I also find it spooky. There is a reason people use fog in film, TV and writing to create an atmosphere. I think her FB post really is just MSM jumping on something she threw out there.

I realise I'm making all sorts of assumptions, but I find it interesting that the woman who found the dog, who then seemingly alerted the school about the dog (surely a number would have been on the harness? How would they know what school to contact for the owner?!) also saw the man the police were questioning as a 'key witness'.

There doesn't seem to be ANY actual physical evidence of the last sighting, other than a phone, lead/harness and the essentially anonymous/remote meeting log in??

Equally, yes she might have slipped into the water, but the few occasions I have slipped on a wet day down a hill, a bank or a woodland path, I leave a skid, surely there would be some kind of earth disturbance.

Yeah someone way up-thread mentioned how they thought when she was asked about a vehicle she sort of paused and swerved the question.

I think the school run and the car situ is what we are not being told about for obvious reasons which are unknown to us at present but obviously are leads they are exploring.

This whole case is baffling. My initial thought was she had innocently went into the water but I feel she would have been found by now so I am now leaning on either <modsnip>fell in unconscious further down the river or something else entirely. My brain hurts.
If unfortunately she fell in or slipped it will be another few days depending on the temperature and river, it's awful,

Anyone else notice in this article how NB is spoken about in the past tense - snipped and BBM for clarity -

A neighbour of the family said Nicola would never abandon her children.
A family neighbour said: 'The family is extremely close-knit.
'They are very loving and they will be in absolute pieces.
'It's a mystery. They just have no idea where she is.
'We went out on the search on Sunday and she has taken the dog there loads of times but the banks of the river can be very slippery.'
She added: 'You just don't know do you but I do know that she would have never ever left those children voluntarily. The whole family is doting.
'I would imagine Nicola was a doting mum. They are the loveliest people you could ever wish to meet.
'I think everyone is devastated because she seemed the kind of girl who didn't have a bad bone in her body.
'She was extremely pleasant and homely. She lived for her daughters and Paul.
'The family will be heartbroken.
'Every week her parents go to Nicola's and pick their grandchildren up and come back here.
'I can't imagine what they are going through and they just have no idea where she could be.
'It has made us quite upset. Nicola had a nice family and a nice job and she was a lovely person.'

I don’t know how I would talk in that situation but thought it was worth mentioning. Please delete if not allowed.
Surely the neighbour intended to say that NB was homey, not homely! imo.
ETA..

''1.home·ly
NORTH AMERICAN
(of a person) unattractive in appearance''

''BRITISH
(of a place or surroundings) simple but cozy and comfortable, as in one's own home.
"a modern hotel with a homely atmosphere"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members