Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Po

I guess part of the problem is that pictures of swarms of people in wetsuits clambering in and out of the river are much more exciting than pictures of 40 officers sitting at desks looking at screens trying to follow up and cross reference and prioritise hundreds of snippets of information sent in by the
public.

We live in an image driven world. If we don't see it happening, it's not happening.
My point was more for PA. His frustration at searches needing to be done.

That still does not explain why her body hasn’t been recovered. I am not saying it’s impossible. The perpetrator would have to execute this on a very short timeline and then the body just drifts away?
I followed a case last year of a missing man, whose body was not found in the river for three weeks. I am just putting forward a possible scenario for NB being in the river eg a third party being involved. A medical incident could be another reason. There is no evidence at all as to how NB went missing, trying to keep an open mind.

I think a lot of the potential witnesses that have been spotted (red jacket lady with dog and yellow jacket lady with pram) have come from private Ring doorbell cameras, and not CCTV.
Technically a Ring camera is still a form of CCTV, but I understand what you're saying. The police mostly seem to know which routes Nicola didn't take because she wasn't on camera in those areas. There don't appear to have been many cameras along the route she did take, which is presumably why the police have called for dashcam footage almost from the beginning.

It probably doesn't help that the police were asking for footage from the Garstang Rd entrance, when the stretch of road the entrance is located on is apparently called Blackpool Ln. Some drivers might have been confused by that.

I'm including Willow in the victim friendly ethos.
She gets blamed for a lot and she looks like the sweetest baby ever.

You are correct, it happens but would more likely be local and only if Willow had been interfering with livestock and I imagine there would have been prior complaints..
Willow is just adorable to be honest :)

I followed a case last year of a missing man, whose body was not found in the river for three weeks. I am just putting forward a possible scenario for NB being in the river eg a third party being involved. A medical incident could be another reason. There is no evidence at all as to how NB went missing, trying to keep an open mind.
I agree. There are some people who have not been found in water for many weeks and months, some not found at all. Just because they haven’t found her in the river yet, it does not mean that it didn’t happen.

With all the speculation re was it a gillet was it a coat, Dan walker describes in the ch5 program it as 'clearly see she is dressed in a heavy outdoor clothing including the knee length quilted coat with the hood'. I would have expected this description to be more accurate considering all the hoo har surrounding it.
Also noted Willow was wearing a collar with an id tag attached.
IMO the program did not show the police in a positive light, much thanks with this is down to MWT comments.
The majority of the time was taken up with PA being interviewed. I would have liked to have seen a more in depth look into the tiny snips of facts we have re the sightings of NB that morning.
I don't know about anyone else, the whole thing left me as confused and baffled as ever.

Ah! Haven't seen the show yet ( only read the transcript of P Ansell's interview) and didn't realise that MWT was involved.
( He has more years experience in the crime drama/ true crime entertainment field than he has in investigative police work )

I agree. There are some people who have not been found in water for many weeks and months, some not found at all. Just because they haven’t found her in the river yet, it does not mean that it didn’t happen.
And many of them are found at or close to the exact point where police divers and other experts (including PF) had been looking for them. I don't say that as any kind of attack on their ability, it's simply a reality that bodies are very difficult to find in water no matter how experienced you are and no matter how good your equipment is.

This is a good clip if anyone wants to visualise the top field.

It's an American Youtuber but it's the clearest - and only - animated map I have seen which tracks NB's route. Better than some of the other maps imo

Quite short but useful. Starts around 2mins in, ends around 6mins
The animation has the 8.47 witness (red coat and dog) passing NB and W closely and both dogs on lead. In this lower field as enclosed as it is, is it likely the dogs were both on lead? I don't think so. I think NB gave W a run off lead and the other dog was the same and they prob met in the middle. red coat witness saw NB from a distance.

The animation has the 8.47 witness (red coat and dog) passing NB and W closely and both dogs on lead. In this lower field as enclosed as it is, is it likely the dogs were both on lead? I don't think so. I think NB gave W a run off lead and the other dog was the same and they prob met in the middle. red coat witness saw NB from a distance.
posted in error

Interesting was one actually spotted though. She is also on the pta of the school which likely why school was informed when they found the dog etc. They run the camping pods also which do not allow dogs on site. I do wonder which business have been targeted after nicola missing and reasons why.
The person who found dog might know that NB parked in school car park every day and might be there. Easy to call a school than look up a phone contact for PA who might not be available and they might have thought that NB still in area. Just MOO

Thanks for sharing. Surprising they don’t include the details in more of the materials. To my knowledge though they still haven’t highlighted what she was likely to have with her, or what else ‘was missing’. Surely got to have been a couple of items on her that she takes everywhere, and isn’t in the house (IMO). Keys are a must for example.
Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 20.15.54.png

^ If you go onto LancsPolice's website, search Nicola Bulley, you can find this on most of their Bulley updates pages. Lancashire Constabulary - Missing Nicola Bulley - latest update

I am not sure how LP can determine what else she had with her - except via CCTV + what her partner tells LP

And don't see how LP can determine what is missing from her person ( eg a zippered pocket) , if her person has not been located.

Like yourself though, I am assuming that the 6 search officers who combed the areas every day ( the land search) and the combined crew who did the 1m radius land search were asked to keep a look-out for any ' loose' items which might later be connected to her - such as keys, cards & cash, torn clothing scraps, a hair-tie, earplugs etc. ( Whilst I don't know if sonar picks up small items like keys on a river bed, Peter Faulding was very vocal that sonar picks up ' every stick & stone)

The only other case I've followed on here was that of firefighter Anthony Knott who went missing in 2019 in Lewes, East Sussex while on a pre-christmas pub crawl with colleagues.
The theories on here ranged from him going off to buy drugs or cigarettes, to a sexual liaison to assault, kidnap, murder and him disappearing on purpose.
Meanwhile, the river was searched, searched and searched again but didn't give up his body until three weeks later, eight miles downstream when it was spotted by a member of the public.

Pretty sure PF and his SGI would have been involved in that search too as if I'm not mistaken, Sussex Police were forced to contract out their search and rescue activities when the government cut their funding.

Repeated from an earlier thread….work out the mathematical probability of:
-Falling while walking (multiplied by)
-the result of that fall ending up in the river (multiplied by)
nobody hearing a cry fro help or seeing it occur (multiplied by)
-nobody seeing NB in the river (multiplied by)
-NB not been found in the river after 15 days of intense searching.

Small can of hairspray and/or alarm.
I've put a link in one of my more recent posts to a recommended personal safety alarm. However, when I once went on a course which showed you how to defend yourself in an attack, they taught me to grip a bunch of keys between my fingers, with two of them sticking out. I tend to do this if I'm out late at night.

The only other case I've followed on here was that of firefighter Anthony Knott who went missing in 2019 in Lewes, East Sussex while on a pre-christmas pub crawl with colleagues.
The theories on here ranged from him going off to buy drugs or cigarettes, to a sexual liaison to assault, kidnap, murder and him disappearing on purpose.
Meanwhile, the river was searched, searched and searched again but didn't give up his body until three weeks later, eight miles downstream when it was spotted by a member of the public.

Pretty sure PF and his SGI would have been involved in that search too as if I'm not mistaken, Sussex Police were forced to contract out their search and rescue activities when the government cut their funding.

Just had a look and yes there is a WS thread dedicated to that case Found Deceased - UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Interesting to look back on the posts. Many posts wtte of - this river is notorious ( currents) , surprise at the power of tidal rivers, summaries of the searches using sonar, divers, horses, drones etc etc

Last edited:
Agree with all of this. I also don't feel that there has been any focus on NB as an individual in terms of being originally from the South, we were told she speaks with a Southern accent, but Channel 5 failed to include any footage of her voice, if she is being looked for this would have been useful. Her particular sector of employment requires staff to be intelligent, articulate and persuasive to encourage clients to agree to purchase costly long-term financial products. There has been very little description of her as an individual. On a final note, a generous life insurance policy would probably be part of her remuneration package. I'm sure the police are taking these factors into account, but it feels as if the media, as informed by NB's family and friends, are creating a tight focus on the day itself rather than the broader picture. JMO.
I thought that actually NB was from Essex?

Agree with all of this. I also don't feel that there has been any focus on NB as an individual in terms of being originally from the South, we were told she speaks with a Southern accent, but Channel 5 failed to include any footage of her voice, if she is being looked for this would have been useful. Her particular sector of employment requires staff to be intelligent, articulate and persuasive to encourage clients to agree to purchase costly long-term financial products. There has been very little description of her as an individual. On a final note, a generous life insurance policy would probably be part of her remuneration package. I'm sure the police are taking these factors into account, but it feels as if the media, as informed by NB's family and friends, are creating a tight focus on the day itself rather than the broader picture. JMO.
Very good description of my thoughts. I've just seen another example of a witness reporting suspicious individuals, but once again they wish to remain anonymous. I've never known so many people remaining anonymous in a high profile case, in fact the person finding the dog could probably command a good sum of money for their story.

Two ‘suspicious’ men spotted by witness near missing Nicola Bulley’s dog-walking route – as police are handed new CCTV​

Was it a named witness, do you know? Or a sm tip off?

There was a poster on that case who basically said, almost to the nearest square metre, where AKs body would be found…and the date it would be found.
he was absolutely spot on.

RSBM

PA works for a US firm on US time so I'm assuming evening childcare in the kids own home so they can go to sleep in their own bed etc was more helpful then the kids being miles away.

I’d agree here, and working from home poses a few challenges when you have children. (Both NB and PA are said to have worked from home). My little one has been off sick, and his nana has been in my house to look after him whilst I was working from home. I’ve had remote interviews via teams where nana has looked after him in my house.

Looking after younger children and working from home are normally incompatible. I tried on the most recent teacher strike day, and I was neither a good mum or a good employee that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck