Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's most likely IMO that she fell in. It's only the fact that she hasn't been found in the water yet that ever makes me think otherwise for a short while. I didn't realise how steep the bank was or how it had rocks at the foot of it until I watched various bits of footage. IMO a lot of people (including me) just find it so hard to comprehend how a sudden slip/fall could end in the death of a fit, healthy young woman. How you can be alive one minute and then due to terrible misfortune, gone the next. It seems such horrible bad luck and there's a sort of 'it could happen to anyone' feeling about it too. Drowning seems so - so final, so tragic and to me has a sort of visual association that comes with the word - which is distressing in the extreme. I can see why the family can't accept it. Not sure I would either. All MOO.
To be honest 3rd party criminal activity is more than likely to be pretty final too

OK and why is that needed ?
So you don't need the key to open the door or to start the engine. Newer models have a start button. No rifling the handbag for the key on rainy cold dark nights etc.

Not needed. Just a really nice toy to have.

The key still has buttons on but you unlock and lock the door by touching the door handle.

You can also lock and unlock the car and shut the windows if you have left the open from Mercedes app if you subscribe to the features.

Last edited:
The thing about any kind of altercation or abduction is that the police haven't said they're looking for anyone. Not only do they have no evidence that NB left the area, they also don't appear to have evidence that anyone they haven't accounted for left the area.

That's why they wanted the dashcam footage on Blackpool Ln/Garstang Rd, but there's no suggestion they've seen anything useful yet.
What if the altercation was with someone where CCTV didn’t cover? Not sure I’m convinced on this but just exploring the possibility.

Have been thinking about why/if NB stopped posting on FB last December and I remembered that there was some suggestion that she may have changed her settings to private. However, all her photos are still clearly visible to me so I'm thinking that this can't be what happened. I checked the FB rules and it said something along the lines that if you aren't friends with someone and their profile is set to private, you won't be able to see anything apart from their existence and their main profile photo. So perhaps there was some other reason why NB stopped posting. JMO.

If your profile is public for a period of time and you switch it to private all the public posts you upload remain public, you have to go through each one to change to private. I think she made her profile public when she shared a post about sheep and perhaps forgot to switch it back to private. JMO

new link, today Nicola Bulley: Police told to adjust messaging in search for missing mum to stop people 'taking things into own hands'

I can only think that these retired detectives (saying stuff like this) have not been following this case closely

- if you've watched the press conferences listing every activity behind the scenes, the interviews, the LP's own regular updates, the interviews w Chief & Super, the dispersal orders, the calls from LP to stop speculating, the non-stop appeal for cctv on Garstang Rod, the details from their narrative re which exits they've already 'eliminated..

Speaking to Sky News, former detective chief inspector Simon Harding said Lancashire Police needed to change the way it speaks to the public, to "reassure other people and stop people going to that scene and taking things into their own hands".
"But now come out and say, 'we've done this, we have done this CCTV, we've done this researching' to stop people.
"It's the messaging, which is the problem for me."
I do agree with this, purely because for whatever reason we have had people (some kindly) giving the most wild suggestions, and in addition conspiracy theorists who must have nothing else to do. Where there is a gap of information, the gap will be filled with rumour. I am sure though that LE are doing all that is necessary, they have the information and we do not. Websleuths is a great site with contributors from all fields and the moderators do a fab job of not letting posts get out of hand. Well done LE for not being public facing atm - you have work to do.

What if the altercation was with someone where CCTV didn’t cover? Not sure I’m convinced on this but just exploring the possibility.
But why does there need to be an altercation? They have NB going into the area, not coming out. Everyone else accounted for. No evidence of anything untoward anywhere. A still live connection to the Teams call. IMO all the evidence or lack of it shows she had a tragic accident.

River isn't tidal at this point.

Yes we know, but high tides can cause a river to overtop a weir.

Equally it may be a colloquial reference to the level of the river - it was a foot lower when PF was there than it had been when NB disappeared.

Last edited by a moderator:
if part of it is residential though why do they have to close for two months?
Due to licencing and council rules and other matters.
Some sites are open 12 months, although they are in a minority.
Most sites are open 10 months, so are not classified as 'permanent residential'.

I found this on a caravan website. Link below:

In short, the answer is no, you cannot legally ‘live’ in your holiday home all year round on a ‘holiday park’.

The law says that you must have a permanent residence, which must be known as your ‘main address’, and this cannot be your holiday home. The law recognises basically that a ‘holiday home’ is generally used for leisure and holiday purposes only.

It’s necessary that you check with the ownership management team when in the buying process what the park rules are; this is normally stated as part of the contract and the licence. In a nutshell, if you try to stay permanently on a park you will be in breach of the licence.

How do you know the bench was tested please?

'evidence gathering was done at the bench' same day as she went missing

There's a longer reference to this in the media thread ( one of the press conferences) but you'd need to find that

Kitty's link found by using the WS search bar, top right of every page

ps Royal College of Policing ( online web search) gives a run-down of the usual steps in a misper case, then a suspicious misper case etc ( as investigative evidence folds) Have posted these links before but just as easy to do a web search

P
If I said to you that I’d gone to LancsPolice at the weekend and given them a map of the local area pointing out to them ditches, hedgerows and wooded areas which could be potential body deposition spots - what would you say to me?

Be honest!
Well done for trying to help. Would they not also have the ability to do this?

<snip>
I don't discount the 'accidental drowning' theory, it needs to continue to be explored. I just also think there is a possibility she has been taken. And the fact that so early on in the investigation the police have entirely discounted it is premature and wrong IMO. There are many missing person cases that then turn into criminal cases, once more evidence comes to light. Lancs police should have kept that possibility open, if the focus changes, they're going to look a bit daft.
<snipped for focus & bbm>
It has been pointed out many times, in multiple threads, that neither of these claims is true. They did not entirely discount alternative explanations. They did keep other possibilities open. This google search for "main working hypothesis" provides a wide range of MSM sources confirming this.

If I said to you that I’d gone to LancsPolice at the weekend and given them a map of the local area pointing out to them ditches, hedgerows and wooded areas which could be potential body deposition spots - what would you say to me?

Be honest!
Trouble is, most of rural Lancashire contains ditches, hedgerows and wooded areas...in fact, most of rural England.

So the police have got their work cut out!

Can I ask how do you know this?

Also, the river here isn't affected by the tide - unless you just mean when the river is lower than usual?

Local friend + Google maps + photos.

As I said above, high tides can push further up a river than they normally reach, but equally it may have been meant in the colloquial sense of the level of the river at that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is both. The car on a lower frequency/less distance, to enable keyless entry, and the key at a longer distance to enable remote unlocking.
This can be done through the "Mercedes Me" App which comes with most of the more modern Mercs.
Im sure that the sat nav can also be audited by police to see where the car has been and would expect it to have been checked by now.

The phone if APP enabled will allow car doors windows to be opened through the App but the car cannot be driven away unless the keys are in sensing of vehicle.

Basically, you could open and lock the car from any distance but cannot start it without keys or clone of keys electronics.

I know this as one night my app was telling me that I hadn't locked the car and it was on the drive at home 200 miles away.
I had taken the train to work.

I was able to lock the car doors from that distance away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist