Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your profile is public for a period of time and you switch it to private all the public posts you upload remain public, you have to go through each one to change to private. I think she made her profile public when she shared a post about sheep and perhaps forgot to switch it back to private. JMO
I’m interested to know, what was the post she shared about sheep?

'evidence gathering was done at the bench' same day as she went missing

There's a longer reference to this in the media thread ( one of the press conferences) but you'd need to find that

Kitty's link found by using the WS search bar, top right of every page

ps Royal College of Policing ( online web search) gives a run-down of the usual steps in a misper case, then a suspicious misper case etc ( as investigative evidence folds) Have posted these links before but just as easy to do a web search

Theres different levels of evidence gathering though - it’s not one size fits all. The bench was not sealed off for any length or a forensics tent set up, nor was the bench sent off to a lab.

Due to licencing and council rules and other matters.
Some sites are open 12 months, although they are in a minority.
Most sites are open 10 months, so are not classified as 'permanent residential'.

I found this on a caravan website. Link below:

In short, the answer is no, you cannot legally ‘live’ in your holiday home all year round on a ‘holiday park’.

The law says that you must have a permanent residence, which must be known as your ‘main address’, and this cannot be your holiday home. The law recognises basically that a ‘holiday home’ is generally used for leisure and holiday purposes only.

It’s necessary that you check with the ownership management team when in the buying process what the park rules are; this is normally stated as part of the contract and the licence. In a nutshell, if you try to stay permanently on a park you will be in breach of the licence.

yeah thats about right we can only stay on March to Nov but some can stay open til January and some sites although its all holiday related you can stay either Nov or January but need winterised caravans. In theory you can stay in caravan 28 days and go home over night and come back but the sites dont generally know if you are there longer.

Theres different levels of evidence gathering though - it’s not one size fits all. The bench was not sealed off for any length or a forensics tent set up, nor was the bench sent off to a lab.
This is because of a classic police mistake that is made time over and happened in the Claudia Lawrence case and the mistakes are made by seasoned and senior officers.

It is always presumed missing rather than suspicious unless there is some kind of evidence of trauma at the scene.
When it is finally decided that a theory about someone flighting the country (Claudia) or Falling in the river NB is incorrect and no evidence to support it, they then start to look at other evidence but often it is too late.

Due to licencing and council rules and other matters.
Some sites are open 12 months, although they are in a minority.
Most sites are open 10 months, so are not classified as 'permanent residential'.

I found this on a caravan website. Link below:

In short, the answer is no, you cannot legally ‘live’ in your holiday home all year round on a ‘holiday park’.

The law says that you must have a permanent residence, which must be known as your ‘main address’, and this cannot be your holiday home. The law recognises basically that a ‘holiday home’ is generally used for leisure and holiday purposes only.

It’s necessary that you check with the ownership management team when in the buying process what the park rules are; this is normally stated as part of the contract and the licence. In a nutshell, if you try to stay permanently on a park you will be in breach of the licence.

Yes, the site owner needs a "residential" licence to operate a residential park home site. Some unscrupulous holiday site owners who remain open 52 weeks of the year, turn a blind eye and allow residents to live there all year round. It's illegal because they're not paying council tax and they can be evicted, which many have been when caught. To confuse matters, there are also some site owners who hold both residential and holiday licences on the same site.

Edit: Correct typo

Last edited:
Yes, the site owner needs a "residential" licence to operate a residential park home site. Some unscrupulous holiday site owners who remain open 56 weeks of the year, turn a blind eye and allow residents to live there all year round. It's illegal because they're not paying council tax and they can be evicted, which many have been when caught. To confuse matters, there are also some site owners who hold both residential and holiday licences on the same site.
56 weeks of the year?

Also just looked at the numbers

Someone is reported missing every 90 seconds in the UK · 170,000 people are reported missing every year · There are 353,000 reported missing incidents every year Key information and statistics about missing - Missing People

I guess people can work out the implications of those stats and the funding & logistics of what's being suggested

95% of which are resolved within days.

Some of the remaining are voluntary and some are suicides.

NB was immediately “high risk” as there was strong evidence she hadn’t intended to go missing.

Have they used cadaver dogs who can track decomposition underwater? That is what Danish LE did in the Kim Wall murder. Was key to convicting Peter Madsen.
Grim but solution to problem. Kim Wall murder: police find head of Swedish journalist.

Last edited:
Agreed.

One of the major issues in cases like these is police investigate multiple theories of the case like accidental death, voluntary disappearance, abduction etc by looking for evidence of each theory. If you don't find such evidence, then likely your theory is incorrect but also, you then have nothing to show for your work.

The similarity to Libby or Sarah Everard or Leah Croucher is when someone 'vanishes" it's very hard to prove to the public what is going on when you keep not making any breakthroughs to tell them about, so then the media and pundit class claim you must be doing it wrong.

But there will always be edge cases were the missing person is not recovered for an extended period.

Bumping this post & bolding the relevant part ^

I do wonder if, at their next conference, the Supt should perhaps go through the basics - as per bold - slowly & succinctly, to the audience in the room. Maybe a power point slide with a flow chart....

It might be at the root of misunderstandings of how police work

yeah thats about right we can only stay on March to Nov but some can stay open til January and some sites although its all holiday related you can stay either Nov or January but need winterised caravans. In theory you can stay in caravan 28 days and go home over night and come back but the sites dont generally know if you are there longer.
Just for context though Rowanwater Caravan Park does have full residential caravans or lodges, mixed with holiday lets. On this site a percentage of the lodges people live all year round and pay council tax etc.. IMO Rowanwater - Residential Park Homes in Lancashire, North of England

Look for dna, hairs, blood spatter, clothing fibres etc.
It’s my understanding after watching the BBC Christmas lectures with Sue Black, a prominent pathologist, whose subject related exactly to such matters, blood spatter can be picked up in situ. These lectures can be found on iPlayer from the last week of December 2022.

Given that in my field the DM repeatedly interview “experts” eschewed by the rest of us who do not know all the facts on specific cases and spout off, I don’t find any of their sources convincing either tbh. They’re interested in sensationalism not the truth. Just look at what happens here, the mundane options don’t catch a bite.

Suggest there’s a conspiracy, failure, inadequacy, a body buried…:that sells!

What is seriously worrying about the police’s working hypothesis is how many missing people in the years previous have been eventually found in water that actually weren’t accidents but are classed as such because this was the hypothesis to start with. Especially those of whom aren’t found for months/years down the line so body deterioration is a factor and like this case, CCTV is sparse and it is in a secluded area.

I know some people believe Lancs police have done a good job and they may well have sensitive info to support their theory but for me if NB is found in the water the seed of doubt will always remain (was it an accident) JMO

Have they used cadaver dogs who can track decomposition underwater? That is what Danish LE did in the Kim Wall murder. Was key to convicting Peter Madsen.
They certainly had sniffer dogs out in dinghies on the river and I linked to it earlier in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member