Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
not on a holiday site though they do not That would be a mobile home park which is a different thing
Yes, there are mixed use caravans parks. They are only allowed to open for 10 out of 12 months...so usually shut Jan and Feb.
But there are quite an number of them, I know of several.

The thing about any kind of altercation or abduction is that the police haven't said they're looking for anyone. Not only do they have no evidence that NB left the area, they also don't appear to have evidence that anyone they haven't accounted for left the area.
That's why they wanted the dashcam footage on Blackpool Ln/Garstang Rd, but there's no suggestion they've seen anything useful yet.
Well, it doesn't sound like there's much hope really then.....there's not much of anything to go on.

There's hundreds of reasons you might easily fall into the river, the simplest are trip on something (pothole, rock etc), Stumble over the dog or whilst playing with it, lose balance while picking something up, slip on damp grass. There are steep banks which would be easy to fall down, hard to get out of, and easy to hurt yourself falling down.
I can't get my head around people finding it so hard to believe its even likely.
I understand exploring the idea that someone else is involved, but to say that her falling in the river is far fetched, over leaving the field with no evidence, leaving the dog, lead and phone behind. Which one is more far fetched?
I will add self harm to that list. Jumping in would shock the system and not really show a struggle.

They have used sniffer dogs etc

Searches throughout the area have taken place, with a dive team and sniffer dogs searching the River Wyre.

Photos of dog in article

Also saw other photos with spaniels (non willow) and police in dinghies

The police are actually doing what they’re meant to be doing.
Yes i agree they have used dogs, but my point would be to use dogs in the area away from the actual riverbank. The dogs may pick up scents pointing to areas that are at the moment not searchable JMO

How would the police deal with someone who had pushed someone out of the way after an argument and the pushed person was shortly afterwards run over by a bus?
It depends on how long "shortly afterwards" means.....if it was within 20/30 seconds or so, they'd be probably liable and blameworthy.

But if they hit their head due to being pushed, and were disorientated, then it could be several minutes before they came to harm with a bus and the other person could still liable/blameworthy.

Not sure how to word this without giving offence, but why are some people so obsessed that this must be a crime rather than an accident.
Is it the need to blame somebody for her disappearance?

To be fair, there isn't much evidence that points to accident. So the only natural alternative in people's minds is some sort of crime against her.

I’m a female without a dog, who walks, I’m not worried if I see a man without a dog, I’m more wary if I come across a dog by itself.

She could be in the river if abducted too though. I believe the river search is justifiable.
Agree 100%, she could have been dumped in the river following an abduction. The river search is entirely justifiable, it's good that it has been done and should continue to be performed, as far in each direction as possible.
It's also possible she's still in the river somewhere and not yet been found, but the body will eventually float, if not entangled or held down. And if it's held down by something, deliberately weighted down, that's a 3rd party and a criminal act.
I don't discount the 'accidental drowning' theory, it needs to continue to be explored. I just also think there is a possibility she has been taken. And the fact that so early on in the investigation the police have entirely discounted it is premature and wrong IMO. There are many missing person cases that then turn into criminal cases, once more evidence comes to light. Lancs police should have kept that possibility open, if the focus changes, they're going to look a bit daft.

It has been generally assumed that the phone was left, backing the theory that NB fell into the water. However, in the absence of any body being found in the river, my alternative theory is that if NB was abducted, the phone was left BECAUSE the abductor was foresencially aware I.e. knew movements could be tracked via the phone...no point in throwing it in the bushes as would give clues to exit path taken. Just my thoughts...
It's a good theory. Although why do you think there is so little evidence of a struggle or fight back?
Do you think Nicola was coshed over the head from behind or something like that?

I don't believe LE would say "we are adamant there is no third party involvement". They would say "In spite of an extensive investigation we have, so far, found no EVIDENCE of third party involvement"

The modern police mantra is "follow the evidence". They investigate every angle, looking for evidence. If there is no evidence, there are no leads to follow.

The human imagination is virtually unlimited in the imaginery, entirely fictional 'what if's' it can invent. Police do not indulge in that, they have a job to do.

JMO
I'm aware of how the police operate, thanks. But they haven't exhaustively explored every possibility. Very few police forces do. And if they didn't do the appropriate forensics in the correct location at the outset then that evidence is now long contaminated, so is useless and not viable in a court case. They didn't follow the evidence, they followed a presumed theory and the evidence along with that presumed theory.

From what we are told LE are working on the theory that she fell in the river, so the placement of the phone, if done by an abductor, worked. I think the main thing in this case though is the severe lack of evidence that points strongly enough to any scenario. Just the lack of evidence of foul play, points more towards an accident.

It still could be a very clever play, but mostly likely that she fell in.

It makes more sense to me that she did fall in, as to pull off a disappearing act or to have been abducted and to have left no trace and been lucky enough to have not have been seen by anyone when leaving the are seems improbable. But not impossible of course. The likelihood of then falling in the river - to go near enough to the edge on a cold day, knowing the area and the dangers well, again seems strange. What was so important to go near enough to the edge. Maybe the dog, maybe a medical condition. An accident seems more probable, but then the speed of the response and the searches makes me question it otherwise.
I think it's most likely IMO that she fell in. It's only the fact that she hasn't been found in the water yet that ever makes me think otherwise for a short while. I didn't realise how steep the bank was or how it had rocks at the foot of it until I watched various bits of footage. IMO a lot of people (including me) just find it so hard to comprehend how a sudden slip/fall could end in the death of a fit, healthy young woman. How you can be alive one minute and then due to terrible misfortune, gone the next. It seems such horrible bad luck and there's a sort of 'it could happen to anyone' feeling about it too. Drowning seems so - so final, so tragic and to me has a sort of visual association that comes with the word - which is distressing in the extreme. I can see why the family can't accept it. Not sure I would either. All MOO.

Yes, there are mixed use caravans parks. They are only allowed to open for 10 out of 12 months...so usually shut Jan and Feb.
But there are quite an number of them, I know of several.
if part of it is residential though why do they have to close for two months?

Agree 100%, she could have been dumped in the river following an abduction. The river search is entirely justifiable, it's good that it has been done and should continue to be performed, as far in each direction as possible.
It's also possible she's still in the river somewhere and not yet been found, but the body will eventually float, if not entangled or held down. And if it's held down by something, deliberately weighted down, that's a 3rd party and a criminal act.
I don't discount the 'accidental drowning' theory, it needs to continue to be explored. I just also think there is a possibility she has been taken. And the fact that so early on in the investigation the police have entirely discounted it is premature and wrong IMO. There are many missing person cases that then turn into criminal cases, once more evidence comes to light. Lancs police should have kept that possibility open, if the focus changes, they're going to look a bit daft.
agree to all except the parts in bold because it is simply not true

Off the wall theory, but here we go....Have the police looked into Isle of Man ferries? Heysham is only a 30 minute drive from where Nicola disappeared. If she was abducted and put in the boot of a car, she could have been on a ferry before the alert was raised and people started looking for her. You don't need a passport to travel there either - just some form of photo ID or a utility bill

I'm aware of how the police operate, thanks. But they haven't exhaustively explored every possibility. Very few police forces do. And if they didn't do the appropriate forensics in the correct location at the outset then that evidence is now long contaminated, so is useless and not viable in a court case. They didn't follow the evidence, they followed a presumed theory and the evidence along with that presumed theory.
What would that evidence have been ?

Had a hell of a shock this morning to get a notification that Nicola Bulley - Mortgage Adviser had sent me a FB message. Anyone else had this happen? I was viewing her business page last night. The message area was blank, just advised that if I replied she would be able to see my public posts. I don't know how business pages work. Do they send out automated messages. I'm not following, haven't liked or commented. Or might it have been fake? I deleted it.
This happened to me today with a business page on FB. It was an image in an advert. I clicked on it to zoom in on it to see something better and in a split second it started a messenger conversation off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist