Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has no idea what they did or didn’t do to the bench, not being in the investigation. I would imagine the NCA might have thought of this too where do DM find these people.

How would you deal with the dog in this situation?

I am 50/50 on pure accident or altercation leading to an accident. I think there is a fair chance if there was an altercation that the other person may not have been aware of the outcome due to their enraged state.

It would be an interesting one to deal with if it came to it.

How would the police deal with someone who had pushed someone out of the way after an argument and the pushed person was shortly afterwards run over by a bus?

Unusual situation.
it would depend on whether it was a barking dog...if there was no shouting etc and the perps were good with dogs, it could be. calmed down until the last minute...ive had. a lab that would have. probably licked their faces...and then panicked when it realised it was alone

Just going back to the theory that police believe she fell in the river. What if one of the witnesses told police they saw her fall in the river due to a medical incident or such like, but this info just hasn’t been released to the public? If this witness is determined as reliable, the police take it at face value and follow that hypothesis? If the witness is not reliable and her body is not found in the river they could be following other lines of enquiry to establish what really happened. Just a thought. JMO.
But why would the Police not state that? If they had information that had happened, surely they would announce it and end all the speculation that they are concerned about? MOO

Surely now it's time to put Cadaver dogs and Sniffer Dogs to work in the local area away from the actual River?.
It seems to be that actual water searches are finished now and they arein a phase of waiting to see if a body surfaces anywhere.
Would it not be wise to take dogs out and search the area of the village, scent may be picked up and this could possibly lead to locations that cannot be currently searched without a warrant?

Maybe this has been done but as far as I have seen, there have been no searches locally since the very start of the case
Sounds like a plan.

I had a look at her FB but felt uncomfortable and haven't gone there since. People have been posting some awful (imo) things. If I was family I would want to make it private. Maybe they can't.
I don't think people should be posting on the FB page of a missing person. It must be incredibly distressing for the family.

But why would the Police not state that? If they had information that had happened, surely they would announce it and end all the speculation that they are concerned about? MOO
Because they don’t need to provide everything they have to the public. And because they have some other lines of enquiry they are also following without being too open about them. It’s the only reason I can think that they are more or less certain she fell in the river, whilst keeping other scenarios open. Perhaps they have their concerns about the witnesses too and are not 100% convinced she fell in the river. We just don’t know. In the first instance I think police would have to believe a witness. JMO.

Last edited:
There's hundreds of reasons you might easily fall into the river, the simplest are trip on something (pothole, rock etc), Stumble over the dog or whilst playing with it, lose balance while picking something up, slip on damp grass. There are steep banks which would be easy to fall down, hard to get out of, and easy to hurt yourself falling down.
I can't get my head around people finding it so hard to believe its even likely.
I understand exploring the idea that someone else is involved, but to say that her falling in the river is far fetched, over leaving the field with no evidence, leaving the dog, lead and phone behind. Which one is more far fetched?
All the available pointers so far logically suggest a fall in the river.

Only that no body has yet been recovered, and that may happen sooner or later, near the bench or further away. There is no exact science around that and any searches that have been undertaken so far may simply have missed what they are looking for.

There is nothing else that suggests anything else...

That’s the bottom line so far.

If you had to put money on it, I think most people would gamble that it was an accidental drowning/NB is in the river.

But there is so much weirdness in the whole picture it piques interest, is human nature. Is difficult to work out which is significant weirdness.

If any murder/abduction/3rd party involvement has been very slick/effective.

There’s lots of unknowns. And we can’t discuss people if they’re not POI.

I hope the police have a lot more to go on.

They had sniffer dogs out already didn’t they? As per the Press conference on the 3rd I think?

I'm still firmly of the opinion it was an altercation that ended with NB in the river...whether by being pushed or her tripping as a result of the surprise of confrontation/fear they intended harming Willow....MOO

Why hasn't she been found? Possibly because - as with other missing persons cases where it's taken weeks/months/never for the body to surface - NB has been swept out to sea or she is in the Deep Hole perhaps....JMO

IMHO At least they have moved further away from the falling in the water theory. I am not saying it is a bad theory but it seems that expanding the investigation in others possible scenarios may be a good idea. I am not familiar with the area but it seems from witness comments there may have been more going on in the area.
Complex situation. Every day that passes makes the potential outcome less positive. Hoping for the best.

Can anyone explain why the fob transmits continuously rather than just when a button is pressed ?
I think it's because so when you walk towards your car with your hands full of luggage the car unlocks for you automatically

I'm still firmly of the opinion it was an altercation that ended with NB in the river...whether by being pushed or her tripping as a result of the surprise of confrontation/fear they intended harming Willow....MOO

Why hasn't she been found? Possibly because - as with other missing persons cases where it's taken weeks/months/never for the body to surface - NB has been swept out to sea or she is in the Deep Hole perhaps....JMO
The deep hole isn’t actually a big deep hole. It’s more a nickname.

The thing about any kind of altercation or abduction is that the police haven't said they're looking for anyone. Not only do they have no evidence that NB left the area, they also don't appear to have evidence that anyone they haven't accounted for left the area.

That's why they wanted the dashcam footage on Blackpool Ln/Garstang Rd, but there's no suggestion they've seen anything useful yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member