Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately they may have concluded the chances of her being found are so low it's OK to say stuff :(

I feel quite strongly to say that just because someone was struggling with the menopause and drinking too much, it doesn't mean she took her own life. It just means that she was struggling and the people around her may have been aware, some may have found it difficult to cope with - that puts her at risk of all forms of tragic events or actions unfolding including being involved in a fatal dispute or fatal event that has nothing to do with suicide.
Very well put.

It could have been something more obvious like being found close to a stairs with a ligature of some sort tied round the bannister and a stool.

ETA you would not be arrested for this. Sorry didn't read the post properly.
Ok I'll share. Partner made a huge attempt at suicide in 2018 when I was at work, on a weekday. I have my children only on weekends. Nothing to do with DV, it was my partner on her own, thankfully survived, narrowly.

There was a social services referral just for this, even though my children weren't in the property and only live with me Fri-Mon.

If someone was injured and that’s why arrest was considered that puts a different angle also. DV and gaslighting. From family experience of an awful narcissist who would be just as drunk as my family member but make out that they were the over-emotional, neurotic, drunk one and would appear lots more reasonable. Tricked/charmed loads of friends and family. Made my family member feel like they were actually losing their mind, Wasn’t until an affair was really clearly unearthed that everyone saw the narcissists true colours and my family member actually escaped.
Not saying that is the case here just from my personal experience perspective it’s not always clear cut. There’s often complex relationship issues. If there were any DV I’d be surprised if friends/family didn’t know but everyone’s different.

Re welfare checks...would this usually lead to an arrest? What scenarios generally lead to welfare checks being done?
Usually (experience with my sister) partner will have called police for assistance if violence involved and maybe also asked for a mental health assessment to be carried out. Again with experience with my sister, her clinical depression turned into psychosis (imagining family members against her, feeling lkke being watched, delusions, paranoia). However if someone uses alcohol very difficult to carry out a mental health assessment as can't be done when a person intoxicated and unless they are an imminent danger to themselves or someone else they have to agree to the assessment. My sister wouldn't agree to an assessment cos she truly believed her delusions etc and couldn't understand how ill she was. Unless Police could see evidence of violence etc wouldn't arrest but would probably try to mediate.

Maybe she assaulted PA but he didn't want to press charges?
If she did and the police know that she did, they do not have the option not to charge. The law has changed in relation to DV.

I do wonder if there were any upcoming meetings, or whether she had received some communications that morning in relation to 10th January?

They don't suspect that NB was drunk and fell in the river do they, the police?

I feel that today has been an absolute trainwreck and the police need to get control now.
I haven't been particularly critical of the police up to now but I agree, today seems like a massive screw-up. They held a press conference stressing that NB was a high risk person and then asked everyone not to speculate as to why, like that was ever going to happen. Then out of the blue they announce this very personal information, which may or may not have anything to do with her disappearance, and won't help find her in any case (the police already knew about it, so it's not like it's going to change their investigation). And based on the comment that they explained to the family why they had to release the information, it sounds like the family would understandably have preferred it to remain private.

If anything, this has made me think they may have rushed to judgement initially in assuming she had an accident and fell into the river - did they assume she'd been drinking? Seems like they may have discounted any other theory almost from the start, despite a lack of evidence she was acting erratically that morning (as far as we know from witnesses).

In what way was he dishonest? I mean don’t get ne wrong the guy did my head in with his interviews etc. but he had nothing to contrary to suggest NB was anything but fit and healthy. Where if we’re being honest she was either in active alcoholism or recovering.

There are no winners here IMO. It’s an absolutely sad situation, the family must be so truly devastated this has come out without their control or say so. They are clearly devastated and denial.
I think the family next of kin has probably had to sign some kind of declaration for the LE to offer this information now, obviously behind the scenes the family did not want this made public

Maybe it will make people back-off and stop creating elaborate media theories on like ' the phone is a decoy' and SM abuse harassing the witnesses ( such as the caravan owner who we were told had been very helpful) or tiktokkers intimidating others like the resident at Hornby House ( which had been searched three times by invitation SIO said)

Less commentary in media as if this is a true crime whodunnit has to be better?
I do agree about stopping the speculation but if I was NB now alive somewhere I wouldn’t want to ever show my face ever again now the whole world knows my problems. I can understand sharing issues with close friends and family but I feel like her life has now been laid bare. JMO.

I hope this does stop the speculation - I feel for NB.

No. They prove it by the visit to the property on the 10th January.
Which would prove only that they visited the property. Broadcasting to the world she's an alcoholic and has hormonal issues - based solely on the word of her partner - would open Lancs up (if she were alive) to damages claims when NB can no longer find employment because of the stigma. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay