Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NB going missing seems to have brought about a new level of low stooping from certain areas of sm. Folk travelling to the area to make tiktoks etc and harassing locals. Then the threat of stories breaking in msm. It will undoubtedly be used as a learning curve for further situations like this by Lancs and other Police Forces. They were damned if they did, damned if they didn’t, JMO. We all should look at ourselves and any prejudices we have in regard to MH issues, addiction, health struggles and disabilities. A person perhaps being at high risk due to an alcohol or drug issue should be given the same understanding and empathy as a person deemed high risk due to a physical limitation or neurological disease such as dementia. The hysteria surrounding the release of NB’s struggles is most likely why the family and LE were reluctant to share this information until, it seems, their hand was forced. All JMO
Speaking as a bipolar schizo, I agree.

Indeed Firstsnow... I have just got Sky News on in the background here. They are saying "a body has been recovered". It would seem from watching Kay Burley and their Crime Correspondent that the area is becoming awash with flowers and ribbons. I am truly sickened by the people turning up. I hope to God these various damned Facebook Groups and TikTok nonsense get shut down from now.
Flowers, soft toys, ribbons etc. does seem to be the way some people express their grief. It’s not something I really understand, but for some people this does seem to be their love language.

Heads up folks,

Discussing, complaining about or challenging moderation, removed posts, or other negative comments about Websleuths or its moderators is one violation that can result in an automatic ban, either temporary or for a life time.

Post accordingly.

FYI there are many threads on WS that are not about a specific case, and where people may share personal stories without the "off topic" concerns on a moderated, case-oriented thread.

Check out The Jury Room, among other WS forums: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forums/the-jury-room.25/

And if you/anyone wants to start a thread specifically to discuss menopause/hormone issues, as I think I saw someone mention earlier, that would be the place to do it IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I highly doubt a loving, caring and nice woman such as NB would have made that decision and taken the dog. It’s more often the case in those situations that strenuous efforts are made to ensure no harm comes to others. Often with a letter trying to give an explanation and apology.
jmo.
IF (and it's a huge IF because we just don't know) Nicola was having a serious MH crisis this could have been a pre planned suicide that Nicola herself chose to stage as an accident, perhaps thinking that might in some way reduce the impact/stigma for the loved ones she was leaving behind. In this scenario, leaving her phone and dog safely behind the gate and entering the river further down, somewhere deeper, without the risk of the dog jumping in after her, makes sense to me (as do the 'business as usual' Teams call and text).

Whatever happened, I hope her loved ones get to know the truth. This is so desperately sad for this poor family and of course Nicola herself :(

I’m inclined to agree. I’m suicidal on occasion (not to make light, it just is what it is) and I would never leave my dog just off leash in a park in the cold. I think the harness tells us what happened. She wanted to harness the dog and slipped on the icy/muddy bank.
Yes I was thinking given what the police shared, even if an accident, people will forever assume she took her life. If no note, I think for the children’s sake I would tell them it was a accident and even when they can look up the story in years to come, assure them mummy was sad but would never have left them, the ‘clues’ ie harness/phone/making arrangements point to an accident and she’d never have left Willow at risk of harm too.

Haven't followed a whole lot about this case but I saw today that a body was found in the river near where she was last seen. divers had searched the area and didn't find her.

What immediately came to mind was the disapperence 16 yr old girl, Kiely Rodni whose body was found very close to the shore in her car that somehow was never found after divers had searched the area. The volunteer group Adventures With Purpose found her after re-searching the area two weeks after she disappeared. I think that it just goes to show that finding people in water is a lot harder then it appears.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
there was a family liaison office constantly in touch with NB's family - it was mentioned either by PA or LE themselves - can't remember who

Thanks for the info, I am sure the police do keep in close contact and supply direct phone numbers to people affected but this constant mention of FLOs has been notable in this case and it's not a usual attribute of discussions here on WS so I'm curious where it all started. I have a suspicion that a recent very popular UK tv crime drama (that I personally haven't watched) may have been where people picked up these ideas, as opposed to reality or anything reported.

I’m inclined to agree. I’m suicidal on occasion (not to make light, it just is what it is) and I would never leave my dog just off leash in a park in the cold. I think the harness tells us what happened. She wanted to harness the dog and slipped on the icy/muddy bank.
I think lots of people do at times, seems a part of the human condition. Yeh I think it’s something like that. Maybe she slipped and had her breath taken away by the impact, then maybe couldn’t swim properly, was panicked or was unconscious. As well as cold water shock. I think most people would panic like anything if they fell into deep water by themselves, in water that’s a really scary situation to be in. Plus clothes creating difficulty moving. She might have fallen in in a spot that sees heavy foot traffic and so wouldn’t leave any distinguishable signs for the police. Might be the ground was so frozen or muddy there was no marks as well.

Thanks for the info, I am sure the police do keep in close contact and supply direct phone numbers to people affected but this constant mention of FLOs has been notable in this case and it's not a usual attribute of discussions here on WS so I'm curious where it all started. I have a suspicion that a recent very popular UK tv crime drama (that I personally haven't watched) may have been where people picked up these ideas, as opposed to reality or anything reported.
Part of a statement by the family: "They said the police were giving the family daily updates about the search and supporting them with family liaison officers."

Haven't followed a whole lot about this case but I saw today that a body was found in the river near where she was last seen. divers had searched the arean and didn't find her.

What immediately came to mind was the disapperence 16 yr old girl, Kiely Rodni whose body was found very close to the shore in her car that somehow was never found after divers had searched the area. The volunteer group Adventures With Purpose found her after re-searching the area two weeks after she disappeared. I think that it just goes to show that finding people in water is a lot harder then it appears.

Just a thought.
And Kiely was still in her car. Close to the shore in 14ft of water iirc. Weird. Imo

I thought it was to nudge people in the direction of their (police) initial hypothesis that Nicola entered the water with no 3rd party involvement and to try and quieten down all the social media hysteria (including wild accusations about a murder taking place etc. etc.).
Either pointing in the direction of possible suicide or that she fell in the water possibly under the influence (giving an extra reason why she could not just simply swim out after going in).

Re the menopause, I thought that was kind of a clumsy way of inferring she could have been of "low mood" and also that any problems with alcohol were a recent thing and that Nicola wasn't a long term alcoholic. MOO.
Yes, actually that was what I thought. And when they mentioned vulnerabilities and other knowledge they had, my heart filled with sorrow for NB.
NB going missing seems to have brought about a new level of low stooping from certain areas of sm. Folk travelling to the area to make tiktoks etc and harassing locals. Then the threat of stories breaking in msm. It will undoubtedly be used as a learning curve for further situations like this by Lancs and other Police Forces. They were damned if they did, damned if they didn’t, JMO. We all should look at ourselves and any prejudices we have in regard to MH issues, addiction, health struggles and disabilities. A person perhaps being at high risk due to an alcohol or drug issue should be given the same understanding and empathy as a person deemed high risk due to a physical limitation or neurological disease such as dementia. The hysteria surrounding the release of NB’s struggles is most likely why the family and LE were reluctant to share this information until, it seems, their hand was forced. All JMO
As a bipolar schizo, I agree.
And so does the other me x

Last edited:
Nicola Bulley's family are 'heartbroken' after a body is found is it just me who finds this disgusting? Inzaman Rashid messaged the family today and they’ve stated they are distraught by developments - keep this bloody private

Keep these messages private for goodness sake - when Paul and the rest of the family is ready they’ll release a statement

I think lots of people do at times, seems a part of the human condition. Yeh I think it’s something like that. Maybe she slipped and had her breath taken away by the impact, then maybe couldn’t swim properly, was panicked or was unconscious. As well as cold water shock. I think most people would panic like anything if they fell into deep water by themselves, in water that’s a really scary situation to be in. Plus clothes creating difficulty moving. She might have fallen in in a spot that sees heavy foot traffic and so wouldn’t leave any distinguishable signs for the police. Might be the ground was so frozen or muddy there was no marks as well.
There but for the grace of God go I.

View attachment 404053
This kind of reporting will help to fuel that, imo

Irresponsible although very familiar

ps did the LP official statement say ' found in reeds'

I agree, people will mindlessly consume and not question and spread it further and so the cycle continues

Haven't followed a whole lot about this case but I saw today that a body was found in the river near where she was last seen. divers had searched the arean and didn't find her.

Just a thought.
Someone said to think about trying to find a dead fish in an aquarium; that made sense to me. You know it’s there but can be difficult to find.

View attachment 404053

I agree, people will mindlessly consume and not question and spread it further and so the cycle continues
and also misinterpret the word ' unexplained' at this stage.
( Most of public aren't on a platform like this one and will start to think the phrasing by LP is abnormal )

"A man and a woman walking their dog discovered the body and called police, it is understood."

Often a dog alerts to such a discovery, in these cases.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member