Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - topic is off limits - see Mod Note upthread> Seeing her father interviewed choked me up. I just hope they get answers, and very soon. Not knowing must absolutely torture. Like everyone on here I feel really uneasy and restless about it all and can't settle. It's a very very strange thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The time line on the BBC News story attached is very tight for her disappearance (a shorter gap than on the timeline in the Daily Mail which put her dog being discovered at 10,15 I think). On the BBC timeline she sent an email to her boss at 8.53 and logged into a Teams calll at 9.01 and her dog and mobile phone were found at a bench at 9.35am. This seems a very small window for her to a) be abducted or murdered b) disappear of her own accord - getting back to the road to be picked up or take other routes. On this basis I'd favour an option of misadventure - falling into the river, or being randomly hit over the head and falling into the river rather than other scenarios. But its seems like a fairly common spot for taking a walk at that time of day so extremely unlucky that no one saw anything. Its very odd.

Left and as I have said, because the lady in red with dog is in the foreground she makes them appear tiny but their heads are above the fence panel / hedge so that would be the measurement.
The hedge/Fence is on a linear path, the fence is about 6ft in height running left to right along the same lane. They arent people.

So NB probably let the dog off the lead in the fields for a good run or is there livestock there?
As a former springer owner, that's what I'd do. Walk them down the path to those two open fields and give the dog a good run.

What's confusing is that some of the footpath is literally on the edge of the river, but then you could circle the field and be 100m away from the rivers edge. Would be interesting for details to be released of exactly where these witnesses saw her - was she walking right on the rivers' edge, or along the top edge of the fields?

Also - my annotation of the map might be wrong, the "lower" field might be on the other side of the river, but it's these kinds of details that you usually get in cases like this, it's not normally wishy washy. This and the earlier cordoning off of the path and bench does make me wonder whether this has taken the police by surprise and they've made a bit of a mistake in assuming it was a simple accident IMO.

Was she wearing a hat that day? Surely if she fell (say backwards and was knocked unconscious) the hat is likely to have come off or be floating in the river?

Left and as I have said, because the lady in red with dog is in the foreground she makes them appear tiny but their heads are above the fence panel / hedge so that would be the measurement.

Do you mean here...?

1675353967200.png

The hedge on the opposite side of Allotment Lane is only a few metres away from the brick pillar.

It's an optical illusion and is just part of the hedge / bushes.

After a good 5 minutes looking at what you described I see what you mean with the man in black shirt with no sleeve. To me it looks like whoever is in front of him is turning behind to look that way back towards who you describe as man in black shirt
I see what you mean but they would be midgets compared to the size of the lady in red!

No she hasn’t been witnessed near the river or bench IMO.
Which makes her putting her phone down herself on the bench even more unlikely. If she was at that bench long enough to put the phone down, and put the dogs lead/harness down, how is it she wasn't seen at the bench, especially considering that the bench appears to be at the main entrance/exit of the "field" they appear to refer to.

Which makes her putting her phone down herself on the bench even more unlikely. If she was at that bench long enough to put the phone down, and put the dogs lead/harness down, how is it she wasn't seen at the bench, especially considering that the bench appears to be at the main entrance/exit of the "field" they appear to refer to.
Exactly my thoughts. Whatever happened whether it be a tragic accident or otherwise it happened quick because the timeline is so slim. JMO.

What I find interesting is that according to the Daily Mail map and timelines, Nicola was last seen by someone 30 minutes after she left the school.

Source:

The distance from the school to where she was last seen at 9:15 is 0.2 Miles or a 4 minute walk.

Does this suggest that she was on her way back from the walk and being near the park bench, if she ever went to the park bench herself.

I am trying to work out what her route would have been or of she stopped to talk to someone or got in someones car at some point?

Could she have been picked up / bundled into a car when coming back towards her car at the school.

I was also thinking she might have been on her way back rather than as depicted in the DM map. Looking at the Strava route posted earlier - on that occasion it took 37 minutes and that route seems to have started (turned on in Strava) when she was still in the car and includes the drop off at school. It then appears to end (turned off in Strava) back near the road bridge. So allowing say 10 minutes for the completion of the drive, parking, dropping the kids off, getting wellies on and the dog sorted, and then getting to the bridge - that is 27 minutes to do the complete circuit bridge back to bridge.

The new timeline has NB already on the path by 08:43am and in the "upper field" at "9.10am (approximately)", so I think that must have been on the way back, assuming she did something akin to her usual route. I think the upper field would be the bit just before getting to the bench on the way back, about here

I suspect that Police are hoping that someone recognises the two people behind the woman in Red coat with white dog.

To me they could be material to this enquiry and we don't know if woman in red coat has already come forward, she and her dog are far more recognisable.
but if there are 2 other people in the photo why not ask them to come forward like they are with the woman in red? Why just hope someone noticed them?

Is there a chance her phone and the lead were placed on the bench by the river by someone other than her? She wasn't seen there by any witness.
I think the upper field where she was last seen is the field where the bench is

Notice the dog looking back, as if it can hear another dog barking ? Possibly Willow ? Ive got a new theory but i dont think i can type it on here!
I wonder if you can type it as a supposition. For example: Suppose there was another dog walker at X time and.... ? Would that work? Then add just my opinion. Edited to add this is JMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it