Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
or even to look at a bird or a flower.
Indeed. Rivers are extremely alluring; I often find myself observing them without realising whilst out dog walking. If she was wearing EarPod style headphones, then this would be entirely plausible.

If this theory were true then the one element that confuses me is the dog. You can imagine him sniffing elsewhere but unless she went in relatively silently, then you would have thought he would have followed her in. I can only assume she disappeared from sight very quickly.

Latest from Nicola's sister - I still maintain that there are still other sides to the investigation that we are not privy to yet. JMO

I’ve had many springers and you can’t keep them out of the water, one would dive underwater to fetch a weighted ball from the pool.
One used to swim so far off the beach in Florida that people would be alarmed and come say, “hey lady, do you see your dog out there?” Well yes, yes I do, do you think I should swim offshore to rescue her? Lol. What to do?
She encountered a Right whale one day, after that she stayed a little closer to shore.
There’s no way she wouldn’t go in the water if I did.
And surely Nicola knew her dog was a water dog and can swim better than most humans.
Nicola could have simply fainted or had a bigger medical event like Damar a few weeks ago, he just literally went FLAT OUT.
The only possibility is that she was off sniffing when it happened but even then..? I'm not sure..she wouldn't have followed scent or sound of splash..?

Indeed. Rivers are extremely alluring; I often find myself observing them without realising whilst out dog walking. If she was wearing EarPod style headphones, then this would be entirely plausible.

If this theory were true then the one element that confuses me is the dog. You can imagine him sniffing elsewhere but unless she went in relatively silently, then you would have thought he would have followed her in. I can only assume she disappeared from sight very quickly.
The other thing that was never clarified was exact depth of the river that morning. The dive teams were in the water fast, very fast. I'm not understanding how she could have moved so fast in the absence of a swift flowing water..

I’ve had many springers and you can’t keep them out of the water, one would dive underwater to fetch a weighted ball from the pool.
One used to swim so far off the beach in Florida that people would be alarmed and come say, “hey lady, do you see your dog out there?” Well yes, yes I do, do you think I should swim offshore to rescue her? Lol. What to do?
She encountered a Right whale one day, after that she stayed a little closer to shore.
There’s no way she wouldn’t go in the water if I did.
And surely Nicola knew her dog was a water dog and can swim better than most humans.
Yeahhh tbh I don't think Willow went in the water at all. Which also adds up with her not being wet. And I get that Spaniels are water dogs and we know Willow could swim and liked to be in the water, but we don't know at what point Willow would not go in the river. If Willow recognised danger I don't believe she would jump in, especially if Nicola just vanished quickly underwater. Just because Willow wasn't wet doesn't mean Nicola isn't in the river imo.

Yeahhh tbh I don't think Willow went in the water at all. Which also adds up with her not being wet. And I get that Spaniels are water dogs and we know Willow could swim and liked to be in the water, but we don't know at what point Willow would not go in the river. If Willow recognised danger I don't believe she would jump in, especially if Nicola just vanished quickly underwater. Just because Willow wasn't wet doesn't mean Nicola isn't in the river imo.
I agree. Just because the dog didn't go in the water (bone dry), doesn't mean N.B. didn't end up in there. There isn't a 'hard and fast' 'rule' that this kind of dog would absolutely go in the water as well! IMO. I do think she slipped and fell in the water for whatever reason, tragically, but time will tell.

Completely agree re ball. I’d never risk going into water to retrieve one. WE have others at home, as I suspect many other dog households do.
But might you be tempted to reach for the ball if it was near the bank? I can only imagine this as a scenario if she wasn’t trying to help the dog, which obviously wasn’t the case.

otherwise I can’t think of any reas why she’d go near the waters edge. On my daily river walk I never go near enough to fall in.

Supposedly last seen near Rowanwater. So if she was abducted who put the items at the bench and why was the dog near them?
Maybe someone who was dressed like her, ie. put her gilet on? So if seen from a distance by someone they would assume it was her walking across the field with the dog? In this scenario it would take 2 people to be involved who would have to hope against hope they didn't encounter another dog walker face to face. And presumably the dog would have had to have been secured at the bench area to prevent it following the 2nd person leaving the scene?

I’m a dog walker and when I walk with others if a tennis ball is lost no one bothers to look for it as the owner will have more at home. Certainly no one would go in water to retrieve it.

Plus NB walked that route nearly every day so knew the route, where obstacles were such as tree roots, close to the river bank, pot holes etc. JMO.

From my dog walks I know exactly where to walk especially along the River Itchen where numerous tree roots line the footpath which could trip you up.

I'm getting the distinct impression that NB's family and friends don't believe that she fell into the river.
I don’t believe it either, and the big question is why would she decide to enter the water ? You’d have to go out of your way and deviate significantly to “fall” in accidentally. It certainly doesn’t add up.

But might you be tempted to reach for the ball if it was near the bank? I can only imagine this as a scenario if she wasn’t trying to help the dog, which obviously wasn’t the case.

otherwise I can’t think of any reas why she’d go near the waters edge. On my daily river walk I never go near enough to fall in.
Her friend on sky news just clarified that she doesn't take a ball when out on walks with the dog. It also said on sky news the last person to see her, another dog walker, said willow didn't have his harness on , so she must of been carrying it, which to me makes sense that she sat on the bench and put the harness on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme