Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Wonder if the police have looked into all the mortgages she’s arranged? With rates etc going crazy, perhaps some person has been stretched beyond their means, lost their home and has blamed bad advice?

Highly unlikely I know, but so is every other scenario
I thought this too,

Because, IMO, he had the context. What was at first impossible, according to PF, could now happen at a push, therefore, possibly...

Nicola will likely, and sadly of course, be found very soon in the sea. I hope, if so, it brings peace and closure as things could get very difficult indeed. I think the police have done a very good job in horrendously difficult circumstances and possibly found themselves between a rock and a hard place.
Thank you. What are the chances she will be found in the sea? More likely in the bay? Hoping for the family's sake this proves true. MOO

Well, no one phoned her partner, so by that we can deduce that Nicola’s number was on the tag.
How can we deduce that? We don’t even know if the dog had a tag? Law or not, not everyone follows that. Just the other day I realised my dogs tag has fallen off no where to be found who knows how long it’s been off for. Bad dog owner!!

The lady who found willow described what she did with the dog in good detail and she never mentioned finding a tag or phoning the number. In her statement she recognised the dog but she couldn’t remember exactly who it belonged to. She tied it up and went home and told her daughter. At no point has she told anyone “I phoned the number on the tag and a phone rang on a bench, or no one answered, or it went to a voice mail of Nicola” so I don’t think we can deduce anything at all?

I explained that yesterday. Several people did.
Yet, here we are.

kittytheshare thanks for your post!

I am not sure if her actual job title has been posted on the thread?

But this article states her job title was a mortgage adviser.

they didnt say that on the news conference I dont think.
No they didn't, see my PP. There were and are a growing number of videos/links/articles. The earliest ones are interesting as tend to get sidelined/buried and ignored. Of course, they tend to get appropriately revised in the light of new information but sometimes there is a kernel of something important. NB: A PP mentioned the 'man' who was on the scene allegedly around the bench when the dog and phone were found, that has now dropped off the radar completely. Was he the elderly gent the police were trying to trace earlier on? If anyone remembers that too?

I’m interested in your assumption that the owner of this “abandoned “ house would notice anything, if in fact it is actually abandoned. We don’t know if this person has returned after their apparently cursory initial look around.

One question i have is: How do we know it was the owner of the 'abandoned house'? Anyone accessing the house (for whatever reason) could say they were the owner. Pure speculation on my part. JMO. MOO

Because, IMO, he had the context. What was at first impossible, according to PF, could now happen at a push, therefore, possibly...

Nicola will likely, and sadly of course, be found very soon in the sea. I hope, if so, it brings peace and closure as things could get very difficult indeed. I think the police have done a very good job in horrendously difficult circumstances and possibly found themselves between a rock and a hard place.
What makes you so sure that Nicola will be found in the sea? I am not so sure.

kittytheshare thanks for your post!

I am not sure if her actual job title has been posted on the thread?

But this article states her job title was a mortgage adviser.
Her fb page and her fb business pages are tagged to the start of every thread.

How can we deduce that? We don’t even know if the dog had a tag? Law or not, not everyone follows that. Just the other day I realised my dogs tag has fallen off no where to be found who knows how long it’s been off for. Bad dog owner!!

The lady who found willow described what she did with the dog in good detail and she never mentioned finding a tag or phoning the number. In her statement she recognised the dog but she couldn’t remember exactly who it belonged to. She tied it up and went home and told her daughter. At no point has she told anyone “I phoned the number on the tag and a phone rang on a bench, or no one answered, or it went to a voice mail of Nicola” so I don’t think we can deduce anything at all?
Well even if Nicola’s number wasn’t on the tag, no one called her partner.

Whoever’s number was on the tag it’s possible it came off. Her harness was off, so either NIcola removed it, or there was a struggle and the whole lot came off. Maybe NIcola had to grab Willow fearing she was in danger and everything slipped off? It’s all just guesswork, and not particularly relevant whose number was on the tag.

Thank you. What are the chances she will be found in the sea? More likely in the bay? Hoping for the family's sake this proves true. MOO
On paper, it's probably unlikely but check in the next couple of days. Some peace and resolution would be good. I wouldn't want things to escalate as could potentially get very ugly and unpleasant I feel. I can't imagine the hell the family are living through, my heart goes out to them.

One question i have is: How do we know it was the owner of the 'abandoned house'? Anyone accessing the house (for whatever reason) could say they were the owner. Pure speculation on my part. JMO. MOO
The house is surrounded by a 10ft high wall and is across the river. I really can’t see any link to that house, nor if a man was seen there. That same man may go there frequently to inspect it and make sure all is OK. Just because he happened to be there that day doesn’t mean he abducted NB. I doubt he could have even seen her through the brick wall, tress and bushes, and probably never saw her in his life.

Just because the house is old and looks rundown it doesn’t mean he’s odd. He’s possibly wealthy and has bought it as an investment to do up and sell on.

The Garstang Road, where the police are looking at dashcam footage. They are writing to those out of the area? I wonder how this is progressing. Does anyone know why they are focusing on the particular time period? Also is it possible to walk back riverside from here, going down river? Many thanks.

People have vanished without a trace much quicker than 10 mins. I disagree with that I'd like to know what went on from 9.33 to 10.50. There are witnesses everywhere from 8.40 to 9.33 yet none at 9.33 to 10.50??
Me too, but I'd like more clarification on how they witness timings can be so precise too, I never look at the time when I'm out walking my dog,

I tend to think it was someone she knew and was happy to talk to.. at least at first. Creates less disturbance. Any tragic outcome may not originally have been intended.
I’d like to know if she looked different in terms of clothing to how she normally looked. There is a chance she was expecting to meet someone .. or to go on from the walk to meet someone. In relation to the new mortgage business.

Well we have seen the Facebook selfies she took on previous similar walks for comparison, IMO she did not look much different from these. She was dressed approptiately for dog walking IMO, not a business meeting with a client. Also remember Police have her phone, so surely will be able see from messages/call log if she had in fact arranged to meet someone, or was in contact with an unknown person etc. Plus why on earth set up a business meeting with a new client in a field?! Sorry, can't see how this stacks up.

I don't think it has been confirmed that Willow was wearing the collar when she was found, has it?
I think it's implied that Willow was wearing the dog collar when only the dog lead was found on the bench.

Where it's typical to unhook the lead from the collar on a walk, it doesn't follow to remove both the collar and the lead.

Personally, looking around, I can count 4-5 leads around the house, but only one dog collar that isn't removed but for bathing/grooming. JMO

ETA: Appending post after MSM states the lead and dog harness were located on/near the bench. Assuming the harness replaces a collar.

Last edited:
I offer the following initial observations, without inference, someone with local knowledge or more extensive knowledge of the area might make some use of the information.

That little loop in the river is definitely has at least one unsavoury incident in the past.
The local anglers complained about a baby seal eating too many fish , and immediately afterwards a gunman illegally shot the protected Animal in the head.

The police claimed to be investigating but I’m not sure what the outcome was.

But in this case there no evidence of a shooting and the dog was unharmed.

I don’t have any specific information on the incident but the initial media coverage immediately raised concerns.
The no evidence of criminality assertion so early on isn’t unusual, but it generally applies to obvious suicides, accidents etc or where the release of information would compromise an investigation or operational security.
The local of any attempt to preserve a potential crime scene or even the scene of a fatal accident is unfortunate and surprising.

Tbh my first thought perhaps the woman had run away and the police were aware of her whereabouts. Obviously that wasn’t the case.

The village has does have some interesting features. There’s a rather popular Gun club. A good number of local people from a range of backgrounds enjoy the clay shooting.
You can look it up.

It’s listed as a local attraction in the advertising for a nearby caravan park.

I guess my concern is that I’ve seen some disturbing attitudes develop rural gun owners previously. The consequences in two cases I encountered were tragic, but the concerns were longstanding.

I’m not suggesting Bailey was shot, but the incident with the seal indicates at least one possibly local individual with a disregard both for the law, who was willing to shoot a a baby seal in the head and leave it near the towpath by the bridge , so walkers or children could find it.
More disturbing was the local angling club publicly complaining about the seal and then failing to immediately condemn the shooting when approached for comment.

To be honest I wouldn’t want to go anywhere near that place.

Look at the location on the map.
As some here have already noted the timeline from when the teams call connected but remained muted is worth exploring in the context of the alleged route taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anaaaa555