Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 2023 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually looking at the graphs more closely the peak was at St Michaels later than Garstang so the water must have come down from somewhere upstream.

Not was I was expecting to see! Maybe my IMO was wrong then. That's why it is IMO.View attachment 404533View attachment 404534

Anyway the effect is the same. A lot of extra water dislodges body drops it over the Weir and leaves it in the tree as the level recedes.
Surge in water coming downriver combined with the tide?

The Information Commissioner's Office have released a statement saying they have asked Lancs Police to explain and justify why they thought it was relevant and appropriate to release the detailed personal data they did and their decision process behind this. Depending on the outcome of this report, the ICO will decide whether they believe that Lancs Police have acted in accordance with UK Data Protection Law.
^^rsbm

Seriously, this release didn't just happen on a whim!

There was already much discussion and chatter in SM communities and online groups about the fact a response car staffed by both police and health professionals attended a report of concern for welfare at Nicola’s home address on January 10. This together with the high-risk missing person status made the disclosure of the personal issues by NB no shocking surprise.

You can't have it both ways -- complain about the speculation or nip it with the facts. MOO

Abbeystead Reservoir possibly?
Looks like it.

A bit of research shows the whole area around there is critical for drinking water supplies and there is a very elaborate network of reservoirs and boreholes and of course rivers.

So the Abbeystead reservoir got a large dose of water which went into the Wyre and raised the level very quickly..

Almost as if someone wanted to clear the river out and dislodge something they had lost.

ADMIN NOTE:

Websleuths is fact based and does not allow general discussion of the paranormal. In this particular case, it is a person claiming to be a medium who apparently found Nicola's body. Members may therefore discuss what is contained in MSM but general discussion about psychics or other paranormal/metaphysical is not allowed.

Stay on topic as it relates to this case, and please move on from the debating or arguing about psychics in general.

Thank you.

Mark Williams-Thomas is Group Investigations leader for Newsquest group. They have just told journalists working on Nicola to promote the True Crime feature….does that mean his YouTube channel?

Last edited:
if you're correct that the Roger Jones accident happened on Garstang Road over the Calder, that's a major error by the press reports. The articles I read both said and showed a picture of the bridge on Hollowforth Ln, crossing New Mill/Barton Brook near Woodplumpton.

That's a major difference in location and river characteristics.

My sleuthing days could be over on day 1.

Yes, I now see the Hollowforth Lane bridge over New Mill Brook. New Mill Brook eventually empties into the Wyre 300 yards above The Bench.

This brook is tiny. It's almost incredible to realise that poor Roger was washed 10 miles downstream from here to end up near Shard Bridge.

I will have to do better if I'm to qualify for the award that this website hands out occasionally.

For the locals or those in the know.
What is your sense of how long the Coroner's inquiry will take
I would expect the inquest to be opened and adjourned in the next day or two. This is simply for the purposes of identification, and issue of an interim death certificate. This means she can be released to her family and they can make funeral arrangements.
There may well be simple results and cause of death from the PM.
The full inquest where all the evidence surrounding the death will be heard is likely to be six months or more.
That is when the Coroner will issue his formal verdict.
In the UK, I find Coroners are unlikely to return verdicts of suicide unless it is 100% irrefutable. They are aware of just how distressing it is, and possible future ramifications for the families.

There is a small road bridge over New Mill/Barton Brook, and if you trace the path of the brook it does (eventually) join the Wyre just a few hundred yards upstream of where Nicola went missing. So it does fit the father's description:

Yes. The press reports were correct and I feel a little stupid. Thanks for bothering.

Mark Williams-Thomas is Group Investigations leader for Newsquest group. They have just told journalists working on Nicola to cross-refer to their True Crime section.

So basically his job is to produce true crime content for Newsquest's 200 news brands?

How does that work exactly?

PF. Here we go again…..
Regarding this snippet from your MSM link:

Mr Faulding, CEO of Search Group International (SGI), told Express.co.uk: "This is a baffling case. The most baffling aspect is at the bottom of the bank there was only two feet of water on the day Nicola went missing.

He's supposed to be an expert diver (I'm not arguing that. He very well could be) but is baffled by only 2 feet of water in the area Nicola was found on the day Nicola went missing. I have learned from you all that a body can drift and not necessarily be found at the exact spot a person where a person went in.

So I guess my question to the diver baffled about where she was found is... how deep was the water between the day she went missing and the day she was found? I'm thinking she could have drifted about, then eventually ended up where she did. And that the water was higher when the body did drift to that point (obviously, unless she was placed there and I'm more apt to think she drifted when the water level was higher and 'driftable').

Question to y'all - Does anyone know how deep this water was between when she went missing and when she was found?

So basically his job is to produce true crime content for Newsquest's 200 news brands?

How does that work exactly?

Don’t know..didn’t even know he worked for them. At the moment I can’t see a plug for newsquest on his YouTube channel so that might just be his. Will try to check.

Last edited:
Don’t know..didn’t even know he worked for them. Looks other way round at first glimpse…so their papers and crime journos link to him. At the moment I can’t see a plug for newsquest on the YouTube channel. Will try to check.

Seems a bit of a conflict between this role and him being a go to interview about the case for news media …

I’m not comparing this to NB’s case but this doesn’t bode well for Lancashire police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne