Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 2023 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or perhaps not. The police have drafted the expert assistance of the equivalent of the US FBI. The unnamed detective has solved similar cases (Julie James) and would only be requested if the circumstances need more clarity, answers, and is possibly more than it appears to be from all outward appearances. They want to get this right. I applaud this move and hope it helps to shed more light on the tragedy, regardless of the outcome. The end result remains, she is no longer with us. I wish her family some peace, now her body has been recovered.

<modsnip>

There will in any case be investigative elements to close off before the police stop working on this and wrap things up.

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest conundrum in this case is...The phone "approaching" the bench, and not the phone "taken" to the bench.
IMO that phone was located in the upper field...How it eventually ended up on the bench, time, analysis and hopefully forensics will tell....

Regarding this snippet from your MSM link:

Mr Faulding, CEO of Search Group International (SGI), told Express.co.uk: "This is a baffling case. The most baffling aspect is at the bottom of the bank there was only two feet of water on the day Nicola went missing.

He's supposed to be an expert diver (I'm not arguing that. He very well could be) but is baffled by only 2 feet of water in the area Nicola was found on the day Nicola went missing. I have learned from you all that a body can drift and not necessarily be found at the exact spot a person where a person went in.

I take what PF says with a pinch of salt but it was still interesting to get some of his views on the case. It looked a bit more than 2 feet based on pictures of the divers coming out but still fairly shallow. I think what he's getting at is two fold, if you fell in you would have a chance of being able to get out, even if you couldn't get out the divers who were on the scene shortly after would have located her given the very slow flow as she would be close to that area even if in slightly deeper water away from the bank. Naturally after 3 weeks that search areas becomes much larger.

I think these are reasonable assessments

<modsnip>

There will in any case be investigative elements to close off before the police stop working on this and wrap things up.
Ok, updating my post to say the link provided is from before Nicola was found. Query if still pursuing this line of investigation now that her body has been found. It’s not as though they’ve now called this person in because they’ve found Nicola. Hope that’s clearer.

Or perhaps not. The police have drafted the expert assistance of the equivalent of the US FBI. The unnamed detective has solved similar cases (Julie James) and would only be requested if the circumstances need more clarity, answers, and is possibly more than it appears to be from all outward appearances. They want to get this right. I applaud this move and hope it helps to shed more light on the tragedy, regardless of the outcome. The end result remains, she is no longer with us. I wish her family some peace, now her body has been recovered.

The police did not request PF and certainly not because they thought they situation was unclear.

The biggest conundrum in this case is...The phone "approaching" the bench, and not the phone "taken" to the bench.
IMO that phone was located in the upper field...How it eventually ended up on the bench, time, analysis and hopefully forensics will tell....
Can you explain further … the conundrum.
I remember it being stated about the phone moving towards the bench, but I just thought that was because it couldn’t definitively be said who moved it there. Is that what you’re getting at? I’m also of an opinion that something possibly occurred away from the bench but will see what comes to light, if anything

IMO this was probably simply tech-speak by whoever wrote the report about the phone. It was presumably not possible to say who was actually carrying the phone at any stage.

Maybe it was just dropped and picked up again, by the deceased.

IMO this was probably simply tech-speak by whoever wrote the report about the phone. It was presumably not possible to say who was actually carrying the phone at any stage.

Maybe it was just dropped and picked up again, by the deceased.
Yep, following the last sighting of NB in the upper field there was no way of knowing for certain that the phone was still in her possession hence the wording 'phone moved towards the bench'.

For the locals or those in the know.
What is your sense of how long the Coroner's inquiry will take?
Once a cause of death has been ascertained, that report will go to the Coroner. The Coroner will open probably in the next week or so (depending on how long it takes to ascertain the cause of death). The inquest will then be adjourned so that the Coroner can instruct the police to produce a report of the relevant facts. How long that report takes impacts on when the full Inquest takes place. The Coroner will usually set a date though for the Inquest to resume. I would say probably in the next 6-12 months.

IF the cause of death is suspiscious and a crime is involved, then the Inquest will be adjourned until criminal proceedings have been concluded.

JMO I’m not a pathologist but I cant see with drowning if you could tell between suicide and misadventure. So you’d err on misadventure for insurance and other purposes?
If was a clear overdose or ligature with suicide note left that would be different.
I have read reports where the Coroner also considers intent of the deceased. As the previous poster stated, they do tend to try and avoid suicide verdicts where possible.

I have read reports where the Coroner also considers intent of the deceased. As the previous poster stated, they do tend to try and avoid suicide verdicts where possible.
I’m not very experienced with coroners reports, I’ve spoke to them lots of times to discuss cause of death & death certification and only been to one inquest but read other reports.
I think if they can’t say with very good reason then they won’t.
The inquest was very interesting but v v sad. It’s very much fact finding but sensitively done.

Thank you for posting this link, insight, and info. Priceless, and may actually lend more credence and reasoning as to why they decided to bring in the outside expert to assist. Leave no stone unturned. They don’t want to be embroiled in something years down the road - that involves exhuming the body and further investigation of their work regarding this case.
And it’s important to ensure no ongoing danger for her daughters or other members of the public. Can’t bring Nicola back but important to protect others if there’s anything/anyone involved. Hope there isn’t.

An inquest into the death of Nicola Bulley will be opened today (February 22) after her body was found more than three weeks after she went missing.
Lancashire's Senior Coroner Dr James Adeley has confirmed to LancsLive that an inquest into Nicola's death will be opened today at 12 noon at Preston Coroner's Court. The hearing is likely to be brief with a full inquest to take place at a later date.

With Ofcom demanding answers from Sky News and ITV re the contacting of the family after they asked for privacy I am now wondering if something is being disputed. Did the TV stations contact all the family?

With Ofcom demanding answers from Sky News and ITV re the contacting of the family after they asked for privacy I am now wondering if something is being disputed. Did the TV stations contact all the family?
I know that the man from Sky (Inzamam Rashid) contacted PA directly by text and supposedly PA responded. IMO that response could potentially be an area for argument as could the 'relationship' built between them during the time that N was missing. Nicola Bulley's partner's 'agony' after police searching for her recover body from river

An inquest into the death of Nicola Bulley will be opened today (February 22) after her body was found more than three weeks after she went missing.
Lancashire's Senior Coroner Dr James Adeley has confirmed to LancsLive that an inquest into Nicola's death will be opened today at 12 noon at Preston Coroner's Court. The hearing is likely to be brief with a full inquest to take place at a later date.

Will cause of death be announced at this hearing?

I know that the man from Sky (Inzamam Rashid) contacted PA directly by text and supposedly PA responded. IMO that response could potentially be an area for argument as could the 'relationship' built between them during the time that N was missing. Nicola Bulley's partner's 'agony' after police searching for her recover body from river
Do you know if the text reply went out live on air? I read the report and all the other papers Sunday night using the quotes but can’t find it on air on YouTube or Sky News.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub