Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 2023 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems a bit odd to me. If the role of the Inquest is to provide answers as to what happened then surely part of this would involve why it took 23 days to find Nicola, so following on from that wouldn't it make sense to request all the images and information this team gathered.

Unless all the information he and his team gathered is already literally the possession of LE because they instructed / contracted him and his company and they were present throughout? So he doesn't need to hand anything over and there isn't going to be fresh information coming from him with regard to this case.

Pure speculation here, but I remember there was some discussion that she may have been wearing a smartwatch. I wonder if it was recovered with the body?

If so, perhaps it could give a pretty definite answer to the 'when?' question.

Unless all the information he and his team gathered is already literally the possession of LE because they instructed / contracted him and his company and they were present throughout? So he doesn't need to hand anything over and there isn't going to be fresh information coming from him with regard to this case.
Possibly, but the statement from PF seems to infer they are conducting the inquest without the information he has, otherwise why publish the statement if he knows they already have the information.

I agree. Unless the coroner was almost immediately in a position of absolute certainty about what happened, you’d think that any and all material would have been carefully reviewed.
Presumably the coroner has taken the view that PF’s information will not be of any material assistance in determining what happened to Nicola and when. Difficult to say if I personally agree or not until we see the evidence the coroner is using. What I do know about this case is various people tried to make themselves important in this investigation and may have nothing helpful to add.

Nicola Bulley died by drowning, inquest hears​

Nicola Bulley died as a result of drowning and was alive when she fell into the water, her inquest has heard.

[...]

Home Office pathologist Dr Alison Armour, giving evidence at County Hall in Preston, said there was "no evidence" she was harmed.

The pathologist also said Ms Bulley had not been drinking before her death.

Coroner Dr James Adeley asked her: "At the time of her death she had no alcohol in her bloodstream?"
Dr Armour replied: "That's my opinion."

The pathologist also dismissed any third party involvement or that any harm had come to Ms Bulley on the morning of her death.

Paracetamol and a prescription beta-blocker called propranolol were also found but in very small amounts, not considered to be an "overdose", she said.

She noted Ms Bulley's body had clearly been in the river for a period of time.

Ms Bulley's partner Paul Ansell and sister Louise Cunningham are among the witnesses set to give evidence at the two-day hearing.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicola Bulley died from drowning with no evidence of assault, inquest told​

[...]

The inquest into the death of the 45-year-old mortgage broker opened in Preston, Lancashire, on Monday.

[...]

On Monday, the consultant pathologist Alison Armour said all the evidence suggested Bulley died as a result of drowning.

Her forehead was caked in mud, Armour said, and dirt found in her body was among “typical features we see in cases of drowning”. Her lungs were enlarged and watery fluid was found in her body.

Tiny traces of alcohol were found but they can be explained by a postmortem process involving bacteria, she said.

The coroner asked: “At the time of her death she essentially had no alcohol in her bloodstream?” Armour replied: “That’s my opinion.”

[...]

The inquest, expected to last two days, is taking place in the Victorian council chamber of County Hall in Preston, before James Adeley, senior coroner for Lancashire.

Bulley’s partner, Ansell, and sister Louise Cunningham are expected to give witness evidence on Tuesday.

Well there we go… she wasn’t drunk and she wasn’t murdered. This was likely nothing but a tragic accident where a lovely lady on a routine walk lost her balance and fell into a freezing cold river with nobody near enough to see her fall or hear her scream. The correct narrative, imo.

I am not aware of any "online conspiracies". Surely, what the coroner meant (or actually said) is "conspiracy theories".
We may deplore it, but in cases like this people will speculate.
By the way, conspiracies are a common fact of life. Some conspiracy theories simply turn out to be correct. But in this case drowning without involvement of others was always the most likely outcome, IMO.

Well there we go… she wasn’t drunk and she wasn’t murdered. This was likely nothing but a tragic accident where a lovely lady on a routine walk lost her balance and fell into a freezing cold river with nobody near enough to see her fall or hear her scream. The correct narrative, imo.

I don't mean to cause you any offence but just to point out, that narrative has not been stated by anyone except yourself and then you labelled it the 'correct' narrative which seems a bit much - the inquest isn't over yet. We do know thankfully that she wasn't murdered or assaulted which is a great relief.

We don't know how or why NB ended up in that water, if she tripped and fell or if she threw herself in in a fit of despair, or other reasons that I can't even think of. I guess nobody will ever truly know :(

I am not aware of any "online conspiracies". Surely, what the coroner meant (or actually said) is "conspiracy theories".
We may deplore it, but in cases like this people will speculate.
By the way, conspiracies are a common fact of life. Some conspiracy theories simply turn out to be correct. But in this case drowning without involvement of others was always the most likely outcome, IMO.

I followed the different ideas proposed online from various quarters and although some of them were of a far more conspiratorial nature than seemed likely or possible, most were just suspicions that NB had befallen some type of altercation or harm, which seems quite reasonable to wonder about. I wouldn't repeat them as it serves no purpose but there was a wide range of ideas mooted.

Thankfully we now know that's not the case.

I don't mean to cause you any offence but just to point out, that narrative has not been stated by anyone except yourself and then you labelled it the 'correct' narrative which seems a bit much - the inquest isn't over yet. We do know thankfully that she wasn't murdered or assaulted which is a great relief.

We don't know how or why NB ended up in that water, if she tripped and fell or if she threw herself in in a fit of despair, or other reasons that I can't even think of. I guess nobody will ever truly know :(

True, but it seems it’s going in the direction of accident or misadventure. Thankful she wasn’t drunk at the time. My personal theory is that the dog jumped up at her, or something else to do with the dog that meant she was right at the edge of that steep bank and just toppled in. It’s all been incredibly sad :(

So far all I can conclude is that she died from drowning which 99.9% of us already thought. I haven't seen anything yet to tell us the time or place she entered the water and whether or not it was as a result of an accident, her taking her own life or an altercation that caused her to fall in. I still think the key evidence will be what the analysis of the Fitbit tells us, this might provide some of the answers to these key points.

LancsLive has a decent live blog which is reporting what is being said by witnesses. Mark Williams-Thomas’ coverage on twitter is casting himself as someone who is more expert than the experts

In the middle of a video meeting, probably muted...

If I had to guess, something occurred relative to her dog. Offleash, fetching, something, and she may have slipped in trying to protect her pet. If she wasn't expecting to go in, one intake of water into her lungs IMO would be enough to create the cascade of events leading to her drowning. Without knowing where she entered the water, it's possible it was quite a bit further downstream, and her faithful pup returned to where he last had her...

Sad accident.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members