Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 2023 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth in my opinion I think you are correct. For months now I've felt the key to solving this lies in the data on the Fitbit and after today's evidence here's what I believe happened with supporting arguments and evidence.
At 9.15 witness Mrs Cheshire saw nicola and dog running freely, at around same time a male witness saw a dodgy looking man in black talking to nicola. Mrs Cheshire also named another person as being present who I won't name.
Could you please provide a link to that?

It looks like the Independent version has been edited to remove the reference to the other person. However, another poster has kindly linked Lancs Live which still has it on there but I suspect this might get removed soon. I don't know what's going on here, but it feels like we are being pushed into accepting a narrative that isn't supported by the evidence from yesterday
What narrative specifically?
I'm not seeing a conspiracy here.

It looks like the Independent version has been edited to remove the reference to the other person. However, another poster has kindly linked Lancs Live which still has it on there but I suspect this might get removed soon. I don't know what's going on here, but it feels like we are being pushed into accepting a narrative that isn't supported by the evidence from yesterday
<modsnip: personalizing>

It seems to me from the EVIDENCE which was provided yesterday that Nicola sadly passed away in a tragic accident.

I hope it brings some comfort to the family (especially the daughters in future years) that IMO it appears that this was a complete tragic accident rather than Nicola intentionally completing suicide.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^rsbbm

I've long believed the dog was off leash/harness when NB was compelled to abruptly leave the bench (and her conference call) and go towards the dog which led her to fall off the edge into the water. In other words, I think NB intentionally left the phone on the bench to be hands free. JMO
That is exactly my opinion on what happened too.

"Nicola Bulley was sent to A&E just under three weeks before she disappeared due to a head injury.
Dr Grey told the hearing at County Hall, Preston, that the mum was told to go to A&E on January 11 due to a head injury.
Ms Bulley attended a walk-in centre after a fall, complaining of increased drowsiness and vomiting.
She was sent to A&E where a CT scan came back normal, the inquest heard."

Please see link below from The Daily Mirror after I've highlighted the text...

"Isla visited the riverside location of Nicola’s disappearance twice last week, adding that she spoke with a friend of the mother-of-two.

She continued: “I also spoke to probably the last person to see her alive – one of the other dog walkers and I asked him how was she?

“They had a little exchange as he was coming along the path about the dog and the lead, etc. He said she was fine.”

For what it's worth in my opinion I think you are correct. For months now I've felt the key to solving this lies in the data on the Fitbit and after today's evidence here's what I believe happened with supporting arguments and evidence.
At 9.15 witness Mrs Cheshire saw nicola and dog running freely, at around same time a male witness saw a dodgy looking man in black talking to nicola. Mrs Cheshire also named another person as being present who I won't name.
At 9.20 an argument ensued over a dog and lead, Nicola left her phone on bench to confront someone and this caused the high heart rate recorded at 9.22.This argument continued for 8 minutes which explains the continuous recording of steps up to 9.30.At this point someone pushed nicola into the water, leading to the screams being heard by two different people around 9.35.All my opinions based on what we found today, but it makes more sense than the narrative being given.
One other thing I'd like to know to prove or disprove my theory is the Fitbit records last known breath, for some reason this hasn't been reported but I'd lay a lot of money it shows around 9.35
BBM - as a lone female, personally I would never choose to leave my phone on a bench if there was a confrontation. I would, however, if I was about to lean down next to some water to wrangle my excited, off lead dog. I need both hands to put a harness back on.

"Nicola Bulley was sent to A&E just under three weeks before she disappeared due to a head injury.
Dr Grey told the hearing at County Hall, Preston, that the mum was told to go to A&E on January 11 due to a head injury.
Ms Bulley attended a walk-in centre after a fall, complaining of increased drowsiness and vomiting.
She was sent to A&E where a CT scan came back normal, the inquest heard."

This also says that Nicola’s sister called the mental health crisis team over her health including some increased alcohol use, and the services visited to find her intoxicated, so any idea that the alcohol problem story may have emanated from only one source and that source is not reliable, can probably be put to rest. To emphasise I am not saying being intoxicated at home on one occasion means a problem but it seems from the sister’s call and evidence it had gone beyond that and not judging Nicola or anyone else in the slightest in any way, being a recovering alcoholic myself.

For me, the timing of events and the routine habit of removing or putting back on Willow's harness at the gate (which is right next to the bench) all paints a clear picture of a tragic accident. Nikki was finishing up her walk. She leant down to put Willow's harness back on and either tripped, overreached or misbalanced, falling into the river and suffering cold water shock. It would have been over in seconds.

As a dog owner, I will personally learn from this. It's so unfair that it cost her her life.

Police have revealed why officers returned to the scene of Nicola Bulley’s disappearance this week, and hit out at “misinformed speculation” over the renewed presence of officers on the River Wyre.

A Lancashire Constabulary diving team was recently seen in the water downstream from where police believe Ms Bulley, 45, went into the river in St Michael’s on Wyre on 27 January.
Old article dated April 25, irrelevant

This also says that Nicola’s sister called the mental health crisis team over her health including some increased alcohol use, and the services visited to find her intoxicated, so any idea that the alcohol problem story may have emanated from only one source and that source is not reliable, can probably be put to rest. To emphasise I am not saying being intoxicated at home on one occasion means a problem but it seems from the sister’s call and evidence it had gone beyond that and not judging Nicola or anyone else in the slightest in any way, being a recovering alcoholic myself.
I find this part slightly odd that it was the sister who called the team - rather than her Husband who lived with her.

Ms Bulley’s husband raised concerns about her alcohol use days before she went missing​

Nicola Bulley’s husband raised concerns about her alcohol use days before she went missing, a mental health clinician has said. Holly Evans reports:
Theresa Lewis Leevy informed the inquest of a visit to Ms Bulley’s address on January 10.
"The information we received was the call from the family had been made in connection with Nikki’s increase alcohol use and were concerned about this and were looking for support around this," she said.
After arriving at 7.30pm, Ms Leevy was met by Ms Bulley’s husband, Paul Ansell and her sister Louise Cunningham, who expressed "general concerns for her welfare" and a recent increase in alcohol consumption.

For me, the timing of events and the routine habit of removing or putting back on Willow's harness at the gate (which is right next to the bench) all paints a clear picture of a tragic accident. Nikki was finishing up her walk. She leant down to put Willow's harness back on and either tripped, overreached or misbalanced, falling into the river and suffering cold water shock. It would have been over in seconds.

As a dog owner, I will personally learn from this. It's so unfair that it cost her her life.
I agree with this.

I think her falling a few weeks prior and ending up in A&E also makes me inclined more to think of an accidental fall.

Bulley first presented with low mood and anxiety in 2018​

Nicola Bulley first presented to her doctor with low mood and anxiety in December 2018, Holly Evans reports.
Ms Bulley’s GP, Dr Rebecca Gray, said: “Two months later in February 2019, she commenced on propranolol which is a beta-blocker.”
She added: “It’s used in anxiety and predominantly issues when there might be physical issues of anxiety like tremors. It was 40mg, one to two times a day.” (Indo)

Security remains tight at inquest due to ‘unusual online commentary'​

The press room at Preston County Hall is gradually filling, with the inquest due to resume at 10am, Holly Evans reports.
Security remains tight at the entrance of the building due to the "unusual online commentary" around the case, with journalists and members of the public required to register and show proof of identity.

I think we can all learn something from this, dog owner or not. Definitely a good reminder to be extra careful around/near spaces of water, isloated areas, muddy/slippy/steep banks, even if you're familiar with an area.

I find this part slightly odd that it was the sister who called the team - rather than her Husband who lived with her.
I'd agree, but I have a sibling with addiction problems and their partner will often not act when I would. It's often harder when you're living and co-parenting with them to make that call yourself. Especially as Nikki's sister commented on how angry she was with her for doing so. As a sibling, it's easier to be that person - IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy